Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ace for Admin??????
I agree with christian here. Get more time as mod before you apply for admin.
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
I am also in agreement with Mr. Christian
(08-26-2018, 06:34 PM)Christian Wrote: You've been Mod for only a Month... I can tell you that is nowhere near enough time to be promoted let alone considered for Admin.

So besides the fact others know that I can get the job done........."Time" is more important?

(We should make the requirements more clear if that's the case)
[Image: IMG_1792.png?ex=65dbf028&is=65c97b28&hm=...height=620]
(08-26-2018, 07:09 PM)Ace1579 Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 06:34 PM)Christian Wrote: You've been Mod for only a Month... I can tell you that is nowhere near enough time to be promoted let alone considered for Admin.

So besides the fact others know that I can get the job done........."Time" is more important?

It's really not about time, it's more about experience. Yes I did say that you didn't have enough time, but the point is you've been Mod for a month and I do not simply believe you have the experience to take the next step in being Admin. Being Admin has a burden, and there is a lot more you have to do compared to Moderator. There is a Huge differences between the two, and I don't see you being ready within a Month of being Moderator. I would know, it took me years to be called to the Ranks of Admin.

Of course we also have plenty of Mods that have been here for years, and are still Mod to this day. Don't see my post as saying you're not nor ever going to get Admin, but it's more about it being an extremely complicated process that takes time for you to build up. You have to prove yourself worthy of being an Admin, and that is very hard to prove within only being Mod for a month. You simply need more time as a Moderator.

You should also refer to what City said for this reason, you don't apply for Admin. You're chosen by Dink to take the position, and I'm not sure Dink is actively looking for Admins ATM. But who knows, some are inactive.
If I have to be chosen by dink to be admin that would have been nice to know but other than that.

Being experienced as a mod is not as hard as I feel you are making it.

I get it a month is not a lot of time but for experience I feel I have done and learned everything I can atm 

- I have banned my fair share of people (from the server and forums)

- I have helped people with fixing there level

and besides the Tp command the T-mod rank is basically the same except u can't ban people.

All i'm trying to say is Admin isn't really something you can efficiently prepare for while being a mod therefore can't really say experience is a problem. 

And like I said before people seem to think I do my job pretty well as a mod as is.

The only way I could learn how to be an admin is if I get promoted to it.
[Image: IMG_1792.png?ex=65dbf028&is=65c97b28&hm=...height=620]
(08-26-2018, 07:21 PM)Christian Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 07:09 PM)Ace1579 Wrote:

It's really not about time, it's more about experience. Yes I did say that you didn't have enough time, but the point is you've been Mod for a month and I do not simply believe you have the experience to take the next step in being Admin. Being Admin has a burden, and there is a lot more you have to do compared to Moderator. There is a Huge differences between the two, and I don't see you being ready within a Month of being Moderator. I would know, it took me years to be called to the Ranks of Admin.

Of course we also have plenty of Mods that have been here for years, and are still Mod to this day. Don't see my post as saying you're not nor ever going to get Admin, but it's more about it being an extremely complicated process that takes time for you to build up. You have to prove yourself worthy of being an Admin, and that is very hard to prove within only being Mod for a month. You simply need more time as a Moderator.

You should also refer to what City said for this reason, you don't apply for Admin. You're chosen by Dink to take the position, and I'm not sure Dink is actively looking for Admins ATM. But who knows, some are inactive.

Well there was an annoucement somewhere on the forums about rotating out Admins once they become inactive but like Christian said I wouldn't get hopes up too much for that position to open. Even if it did, there are other Mods that have more time that would be higher in line for the position.
Moderator on TTT

Ahhh Ref...

That was clean
(08-26-2018, 06:42 PM)City Wrote: Not to be rude but you don't really apply for Admin either... unless that's changed in the time I wasn't here.

matt and epicguy both applied for admin and ended up getting the position
Why not never seen abuse from ace so i see no reason to -1

+1
[Image: MAKE_IT_HAPPEN.jpg]
(08-26-2018, 08:27 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 06:42 PM)City Wrote: Not to be rude but you don't really apply for Admin either... unless that's changed in the time I wasn't here.

Matt, Epicguy, and Dakota were already amongst the discussion of being promoted. Their applications were only made to seek interest in the position.
(08-26-2018, 08:38 PM)Christian Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 08:27 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:

Matt, Epicguy, and Dakota were already amongst the discussion of being promoted. Their applications were only made to seek interest in the position.
The talks were already underway, more of a formalized way to gauge community opinion as to which mod(s) to promote. Also Deadpool.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon