Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone actually enjoy History?
I'm the biggest history geek that I know, always in love with historical events. Who else is a loser like me?
Might as well come forward as a massive WW2 nerd
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
(08-28-2018, 01:15 PM)King Tiger Ace Fasda22 Wrote: Might as well come forward as a massive WW2 nerd

damn never would have guessed
@"Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca"

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I suppose Im a fan of history pertaining to what Im studying in school (Forensic Investigation) and how we got the techniques and practices used today in that field.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
(08-28-2018, 03:18 PM)Avi Wrote: I suppose Im a fan of history pertaining to what Im studying in school (Forensic Investigation) and how we got the techniques and practices used today in that field.

God that sounds amazing, I've always been curious how proper investigations would occur before modern techniques and technology came to be.
(08-28-2018, 05:52 PM)Raider Hanks Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 03:18 PM)Avi Wrote: I suppose Im a fan of history pertaining to what Im studying in school (Forensic Investigation) and how we got the techniques and practices used today in that field.

God that sounds amazing, I've always been curious how proper investigations would occur before modern techniques and technology came to be.
My entire Criminology class focused on this last semester, and there was a lot of hard work developing the techniques, corruption/political scandals trying to "disprove" cases bc money was involved, and eventually getting some credibility for the techniques and practices there are today.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
I watch WWII documentaries for fun.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(08-28-2018, 07:31 PM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: I watch WWII documentaries for fun.

"For fun". Please tell me that you don't get yourself off to the Holocaust. XD
Yes!

Prince Nicky is a huge history nerd. In fact, he decided to study History and Geography as his undergraduate majors in college. Subjects that interest him include Land Use/Land Cover change(LULC), environmental change and the involved history, border history, and the adaptive reuse of historical buildings. In addition to these more broad topics, I really find the US Civil War interesting and American history between the 1840s to the 1930s very interesting (Gilded Age, Reconstruction, Progressive Era, World War I and its effects, Manifest Destiny, and the Great Depression).

I find myself spending a lot of time playing strategy games, especially those produced by Paradox Interactive. Victoria II is my favorite but Crusader Kings II isn't far behind. As a Greek American in real life, nothing beats playing Greece and reforming or strengthening the Byzantine Empire. It's Constantinople, not Istanbul. Anatolia belongs to the Greeks. I also enjoy playing countries like Germany, Italy, and the USA in Victoria II. They are especially fun because you can create them and/or help them expand greatly. Plus the history of these countries is just awesome.

Cool Countries: Greece, Germany, Italy, USA, Armenia, Spain, Portugal, Egypt, Ethiopia, Japan, New Zealand, Kenya, Panama, Argentina, Chile, and Kazakhstan.

Anyways, Mr. Hanks, I don't play on the server anymore because I'm preparing for law school and my Fall Semester of college. I'd still be down to nerd out with you though and if you play any paradox games, hit me up and we can maybe play a sesh together.