Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Maps Thread!
(02-08-2017, 10:48 PM)City Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 04:34 PM)Mr_Rippe Wrote: Well SOMEONE decided to go ahead and add maps without letting me know first, which royally fucked the map pack schedule.

This thread will remain open until February 28th at 11:59 PM EST. Shortly after, the final collection will be submitted to Dink.
This sounds extremely similar to my college coursework and something written by crappy annoying professors

I am nothing if not detailed with my own projects :P
(02-08-2017, 04:34 PM)Mr_Rippe Wrote: Remember the Non-Denominational Holiday Pack that was supposed to come out? Well SOMEONE decided to go ahead and add maps without letting me know first, which royally fucked the map pack schedule. Funny how we ended up pulling half of those maps because the test crew didn't get the chance to break them first.

ANYWAY, I've decided to curate a few more maps for TTT. They will be tested throughout the month of February and will be uploaded as part of the PAX EAST 2017 MAP PACK. Why that? Because it'll go up around the same time as PAX East. Why then? Fuck you, that's why!

This thread will remain open until February 28th at 11:59 PM EST. Shortly after, the final collection will be submitted to Dink.

FAQ

How many maps can I recommend?
As many as you'd like! Note that just because you recommend it, doesn't mean it will be added.

Does the map have to be on the Workshop to be recommended?
Nope! Maps can also come from https://garrysmods.org/ or http://gamebanana.com/.

How many maps will be added?
Not sure yet, but it will be no fewer than 5 and no greater than 8.

Why so few?
There is a finite pool of TTT maps. If we add every map, eventually we will be out of maps to add. By staggering map packs every ~4 months, we can spice up the server when it's starting to get stale.

If a map isn't added, can it be recommended during the next map pack?
Yup! It may not be added for a myriad of reasons (most likely too many decent maps recommended), but that doesn't mean it won't be added in the future.

Can I help test/break the maps?
Please go ahead and do it on your own as well! We'll have a private test server that will be for the small test crew (which includes some Admins and people who have a habit of finding exploits), however that shouldn't prevent you from contributing to the cause on your own time.

Will the new Krusty Krab be coming back?
Hopefully? I need to tweak the weapon spawns on the version without the secrets before we add it. If it's added, it will not count towards the total

What about old Krusty Krab? #RIPPolaris #Nevr4get
You wanted map voting, the price was removing actual cancer maps like those.

How about Space Sta-
Fuck off.

I found the Minecraft version of a map we already have. Can we consider adding it?
We're not adding duplicate versions of the same map with minor tweaks. It's why we pulled the different versions of 67thWay. I'll make a deal, though: if it's not broken, we'll add the Minecraft remake of a map if we pull the original version of the map. You need 30 community members who are Regulars or Donors (who have played at least 10 hours in the last 30 days), 3 Admins, and a sober Dink to support it.

Well that's a bit arbitrary.
You are correct. Memecraft meme-make maps have a meme threshold to cross.

Here are some of the maps I'll be investigating. Just because I put them on the list, doesn't mean they'll be added!

ttt_hauntedmanor
ttt_ultimatedoom_a1_fix
ttt_minecraft_expedition
ttt_minecraft_expedition_small (if the former is too large)
ttt_westwood

Hehe.... Rats_kitchen ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)
[Image: sYlL3bD4Bf9Cg.gif][Image: u7gAmp9lCZWPC.gif]
TTT_metropolis
TTT_glacier
TTT_island 17
Cs_meridian
(02-09-2017, 01:27 PM)MiniMe2001 Wrote: TTT_metropolis
TTT_glacier
TTT_island 17
Cs_meridian

Metropolis has two versions, TTT_metropolis and TTT_metropolis_v2a Which one is it?
(02-09-2017, 02:25 PM)Mr_Rippe Wrote:
TTT_glacier
TTT_island 17
Cs_meridian

Metropolis has two versions, TTT_metropolis and TTT_metropolis_v2a Which one is it?

All versions of metropolis are exploitable with a jumppack.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
ttt_airbus_b3

ttt_stargate_v3
[Image: source.gif]
(02-09-2017, 04:42 PM)❤ Miss Deaf Taylor Swift â¤ Wrote: ttt_stargate_v3

We used to have Stargate on the server. There was some problems with it; people didn't know that the Stargates were omnidirectional and you could force a stalemate by getting to the desert temple and spamming the button, this preventing anyone from entering it. Plus it made Dinkleberg abuse the shit out of his powers when he raged at it. Suffice to say, it's not coming back.

(02-08-2017, 09:09 PM)❤ Miss TDawg4 â¤ Wrote: Also can we +1 or -1 maps that are suggested in this thread???

Absolutely! But please be sure to say why you believe it deserves this rank.
(02-09-2017, 04:27 PM)queef commando Wrote:
(02-09-2017, 02:25 PM)Mr_Rippe Wrote:
TTT_glacier
TTT_island 17
Cs_meridian

All versions of metropolis are exploitable with a jumppack.

I actually haven't looked at any of these maps in person but I plan to tommorow or Saturday and maybe more
I can't remember the name of the map, but it has an end game where 2 spaceships take off and the rest of the station blows up. It would be cool, but I doubt it would come to the server for a few reasons.
[Image: sYlL3bD4Bf9Cg.gif][Image: u7gAmp9lCZWPC.gif]
(02-10-2017, 03:47 PM)tons4583 Wrote: I can't remember the name of the map, but it has an end game where 2 spaceships take off and the rest of the station blows up. It would be cool, but I doubt it would come to the server for a few reasons.

hmm yes I seem to remember that one. Idk why it was removed. It was the best map. I think there was *space* in the name???

Some staff member got it removed for some reason.
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.