Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mr.Potato’s Trusted Application
(09-10-2018, 01:09 PM)Travis1421 Wrote: My question is, why have a requirement if we say it isn't enough. I get that we want people who show initiative and want people to be known in the community. But why have a requirement if we tell them to get more hours?

i don't play PH, but i can tell you that applying right after you have the bare minimum requirements will, 9 times out of 10, get your application denied because it doesn't show a whole lot of dedication or patience, two things that a staff member absolutely needs (trust me when i say that, i staff on TTT and from what i've seen the people over here are worse than the people on PH.)

i had around 226 hours when i applied for Trusted on TTT, and the requirement is 100 hours. i used those extra 116 hours to make myself known in the community, and proved to them before i ever applied that i was dedicated and that i could handle the rigorous job of being a staff member, which is why i was accepted. i have no reason to believe that things would be any different if i decided to play on PH instead of TTT.

tl;dr the requirements are there to set a guideline as to when you should apply, but you shouldn't apply immediately after doing the bare minimum to be able to apply
(09-10-2018, 01:20 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(09-10-2018, 01:09 PM)Travis1421 Wrote: My question is, why have a requirement if we say it isn't enough. I get that we want people who show initiative and want people to be known in the community. But why have a requirement if we tell them to get more hours?

i don't play PH, but i can tell you that applying right after you have the bare minimum requirements will, 9 times out of 10, get your application denied because it doesn't show a whole lot of dedication or patience, two things that a staff member absolutely needs (trust me when i say that, i staff on TTT and from what i've seen the people over here are worse than the people on PH.)

i had around 226 hours when i applied for Trusted on TTT, and the requirement is 100 hours. i used those extra 116 hours to make myself known in the community, and proved to them before i ever applied that i was dedicated and that i could handle the rigorous job of being a staff member, which is why i was accepted. i have no reason to believe that things would be any different if i decided to play on PH instead of TTT.

tl;dr the requirements are there to set a guideline as to when you should apply, but you shouldn't apply immediately after doing the bare minimum to be able to apply
Then they should be presented more so as a guideline rather than a requirement. I get it because I'm a former Moderator myself and have -1 for some similar reasonings. I just feel they should be presented to be more of a guideline than a requirement.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
-1 I do know you have been trying to get your hours up on the server however trying to pump up your time after the other staff have commented on your hours will not change our opinions because the time we want is the time you have when you initially post your application. I do think you would be qualified but I do see you helping a lot but this will be a no from me because of the time and because of time you have been putting on recently to try and get more credibility with your time.
-1 for me but get your hours up next time it will be a +1 from me, you are very helpful and fun to play with. just need the time my dude :P 
EXECUTE ORDER 66
sry potato iv played with u i dont think i remember that u would try to say something about mike spam or enything to hlep the server when im on ... if u have then im sry i just dont remember but +0 for me
+1 for me but one problem... be more active bud! I know u will get this position easily one day just dont give up and play more active :) I would love to have you on the team with us :) so i can pester you daily! HEHEHEHEHEHE >:D
I don’t know if this changes anyone’s opinion about my activity but I was suggested to post this:

https://www.gametracker.com/player/Mr.Po...134:27015/
-1 I really did not want to have to do this but it has sat for too long. You did have minimum requirements when you applied however you seem to update it quite a lot trying to show you are ready. You did not have consistent time before time of application meaning you didn't really care about your contribution. Not only that but several staff have caught you abusing unstuck. You have also had some instances with other staff. My suggestion is get your hours up, maintain consistency, keep your nose clean and stop abusing unstuck. I enjoy your presence on the server you're pretty chill and I would love for you to be staff but I don't think you're ready. I apologize.
[Image: Nicol_dumb.jpg]
Nothing happened here.
Edit to Original Post: I am making a separate comment as this is a serious issue, multiple staff have reported that you tend to abuse the unstuck command even after warnings to stop. This is an offense that can end in a ban so you do need to stop and show you are willing to follow the rules if you want to enforce them.

(09-18-2018, 10:25 AM)JustKuono Wrote: -1 I really did not want to have to do this but it has sat for too long. You did have minimum requirements when you applied however you seem to update it quite a lot trying to show you are ready. You did not have consistent time before time of application meaning you didn't really care about your contribution. Not only that but several staff have caught you abusing unstuck. You have also had some instances with other staff. My suggestion is get your hours up, maintain consistency, keep your nose clean and stop abusing unstuck. I enjoy your presence on the server you're pretty chill and I would love for you to be staff but I don't think you're ready. I apologize.

Reason why I applied then got my hours up is because before I applied I was unable to keep Muna activity up, but then as soon as i saw schedule was cleared, I applied. I don’t know if that made sense but it was my mindset. That’s regarding my care to contribute.

Regarding using unstuck, I apologize, I was just finding ways to be creative with spots. Trust me when I say you won’t see or hear from any other staff of myself abusing unstuck.

EDIT: To be honest I only remember Voss telling me to quit abusing unstuck. To the other staff who say they’ve seen me using unstuck, yes I may have used it but the only one that told me to stop was Voss as far as I know.