Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tmod Application: Mr.Potato
In reality, in 2 more hours it will be 1 month since my last application but I just wanted to get this out of the way. 

Ingame Name: Mr.Potato

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:11238841

Time Played: 187.48

When First Joined: May 04, 2018 5:00 PM

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Normally on Thursdays - Sundays at any time (EST). I don't have classes those days.

Rank Desired: Test Moderator

Current Rank: Trusted

What can you do to help the community?: As I said in my last application, I want to see players have a good time since I've been in their shoes before. If I do get promoted I will have more ways of helping others or more ways to enforce the rules.

Why do you want to help the community?: I'm here for a good time, you're here for a good time, we all just want to have fun. In order to have fun we must have rules to keep a civil playing field in the game. I want to keep players on our server by enforcing those rules. I once heard a player say "I like the staff on here, they don't take shit." Just by enforcing rules we are growing the community.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): No

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts):
Trusted ->
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...pplication

How did you find us?: I randomly found this server to be honest, I liked it, and I stayed.

Other: In 100% honesty, I do not expect to be approved. The true purpose of this application is to see other staff members critical opinion on my work ethic & attitude. I want to see what I can improve on, what I should stop doing, or what I shouldn't change. This will help me with my next application if there is one.
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
You've been a pretty straight shooter and I've had no personal problems with you. However, experience is not on your side with one. More experience would greatly help.

You are on top of everything and ask questions when you don't fully know something and how quickly you can start recording is nice. However, sometimes your videos are not long enough or conclusive enough for the proper punishments to be handed out to troublemakers and ghosters. You need to learn how to gather more info, sometimes I realize when there's several at once it can be difficult to focus on one particular.

For your overall record and dedication to the server is something to be admired. I think you should learn how to perfect your ban requests and to get more experience in my personal opinion so that your undeniable with such things in the future. I am a +0 because the issues which I have pointed out are overall minor and I don't think you would abuse the powers that come with the increased responsibility. Whichever happens you'll get tmod soon enough.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
As much as I want to +1 you, I personally can't. I've seen you lash out at times due to not being heard or "being ignored". I do not believe that's a good quality to have as a staff member, especially someone with a ban power. Work on that and keeping some conversations in the Admin chat as I've seen you hold an open discussion on some things that should've been kept between you and the staff members.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
I don't think you should be T-mod at this time Like Travis stated you lash out sometimes and you also just don't know how to handle some situations properly at all, usually when I see someone try to explain how a situation should be handled or or suggest a better way to handle something you argue with them until they just give up trying to teach you because you think you're right and refuse to try and see another perspective. My suggestion is to mature a little bit more and hear others out in the future and get a little more experience under your belt like fish said and then apply for t-mod.
[Image: I_dont_think_so.png]
I think you need more time as Trusted before applying for Tmod. 

Take the perspective and advice from your peers and grow from it, if you do this then I have no issue giving you a +1.
-1 because you recently got Trusted and you don’t exactly know how to do some things properly. You need to improve on your recordings for ban requests and if it’s a separate group of people then make separate threads for each group instead of putting them all in one along the higher ups confused and making the title of the thread like the names of the people that are getting banned or what they were doing. I haven’t seen you lash out and if I have I wasn’t really paying attention to it or didn’t notice it so I have no say in that
[Image: giphy.gif]
Just to mention all the “lashing out” was me trying to be funny. I know what events you’re speaking about and all those events I was typing in chat. Not using my voice. I feel like if I used my microphone it would’ve been a different take on what I was saying. But that’s my fault, I just wanted to mention that.
(10-21-2018, 09:26 AM)Mr.Potato Wrote: Just to mention all the “lashing out” was me trying to be funny.

So are you trying to be "funny" in this post too? (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...y-s-Ordeal)
as for my rating -1 for reasons already stated.
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]
(10-21-2018, 10:18 AM)★ Alora ★ Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 09:26 AM)Mr.Potato Wrote: Just to mention all the “lashing out” was me trying to be funny.

So are you trying to be "funny" in this post too? (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...y-s-Ordeal)
as for my rating -1 for reasons already stated.

I was, yeah. 

I thought people would understand that I wasn’t seriously giving a -1 “because they didn’t me let me forceswap” even though I provided more evidence which was in favor of the ban request.

I really don’t have anything else to say on this subject other than I’ll joke around less since I guess I have a different sense of humor.
We are suppose to work together. No one cares who found the evidence or who is the one who recorded it. They were ghosting which they read the rules and would of saw the ghosting was illegal. They didn’t have to ghost. If one of them wanted to be with a friend then all they had to do was ask to switch teams but they decided to break the rules and ghost. If you just switched their team there would be another problem on our hands. One of them would of switched back or one of them would of left and joined the opposite team to continue ghosting. And if you switched one of them to their friend and they didn’t go back to continue ghosting then they would of ghosted in the future.
[Image: giphy.gif]