Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just had to get this off my chest
(To preface this thread, I wasn't initially going to make this. I was going to just sit and wait until I was able to apply again and hopefully be accepted. However, in light of recent events, I decided to make this thread.)

I applied for staff 10/26/18, and I was ultimately denied on 11/13/18, two and a half weeks after I initially applied. I wasn't given a reason for denial; I had to pester staff like Scoovie just to get the bullshit response I was given. I was told I was denied for this main reason: I had just come back from an extended break. What? Are you guys serious? I've been loyally on this server for almost three months straight. I can understand denying me for this reason with my first application back in early September, but this is just unreasonable. I can bet money that I've definitely put more than 100 hours on the server since I came back from my break back in late August. I had to pester every admin I came into contact with just to get this bullshit reason, and pair that with the fact that Hani got accepted as Trusted a mere 30 min after applying for it, it's just not fair. I don't know if it's favoritism or subjectivity, but I just feel betrayed right now. These are my hours for the past 30 days, and this is what they've looked like since I rejoined back in late August:

[Image: player_time.php?nameb64=VHJvbWJvd2Vu&hos...8200188246]

I just had to get this off my chest.
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

well, you aren't a mean person, but its not a good one too, you know very well the rules BUT you're always on edge of the rules.
Don't take it to the personal side, because i would be glad if you change this on you and become a staff, BUT YOU HAVE A FUCKING HUGE EGO and you never accept your own mistakes, always doing everything to put the fault the shit you did on the other people.
The problem is that most of the admins and mods are inactive. They have very little involvement in the community/server beyond Discord, yet they make all the decisions.
I'd like to point out that I genuinely don't think it's favoritism because I haven't really talked with Dakota in a while and I've spoken with Scoovie roughly 1-2 times before yesterday. 
Not entirely sure what happened among the admins though for that to have happened, I didn't expect it.
I recall being told that all the admins came back to vote for the last batch of applications so whether they are still actively around to participate is something I don't know.
i will never fall for puss and go retardo mode ✊
Yeah I’ve been noticing that the +1’s and -1’s have very little input on the application. I’ve seen applications get all +1’s and get denied and applications that get all -1’s and get accepted (like mine). And I don’t believe it is favoritism because before I applied I never spoken to traitor or played on the server with him once, but I was still accepted despite all the -1’s i got.
I don’t know for there’s more work that goes on in the background that you and I can’t see, but it happens. It isn’t the end of the world.
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
Look we make the decisions cause we judge characters very well. We’ve been around a very long time. I have been in dink’s since 2015. I’ve seen a lot of personalities pass through. I’ve been inactive cause my gmod wouldn’t load for the longest time. It’s just crash when I’d launch. But I don’t play favorites yes I like people more than others but not how I roll. Hani has had absolutely nothing negative said about her. You on the other hand I’ve heard thing. We may not play much but people still tell us everything
Yes - admins are usually busy and can’t get on nowadays (or Dakota’s gmod is just fucked) so a lot of what we go off of is 1. Limited impressions 2. Forums 3. Discord and 4. All the members and staff that keep us up to date. Many of the apps are character judgements. Yours I left open so long on purpose because I wanted to hear from / talk to different members bc I don’t know you too well since you activity isin the semester. Hanis discussion was short because 3 admins were on server at the time and 1 in discord as she posted. Inconsistent vote times is our whole thing.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(11-16-2018, 12:30 PM)Dakota Wrote: Look we make the decisions cause we judge characters very well. We’ve been around a very long time. I have been in dink’s since 2015. I’ve seen a lot of personalities pass through. I’ve been inactive cause my gmod wouldn’t load for the longest time. It’s just crash when I’d launch. But I don’t play favorites yes I like people more than others but not how I roll. Hani has had absolutely nothing negative said about her. You on the other hand I’ve heard thing. We may not play much but people still tell us everything

Just use an alt, helped my game originally
(11-16-2018, 01:17 PM)Nico Di Angelo Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 12:30 PM)Dakota Wrote: Look we make the decisions cause we judge characters very well. We’ve been around a very long time. I have been in dink’s since 2015. I’ve seen a lot of personalities pass through. I’ve been inactive cause my gmod wouldn’t load for the longest time. It’s just crash when I’d launch. But I don’t play favorites yes I like people more than others but not how I roll. Hani has had absolutely nothing negative said about her. You on the other hand I’ve heard thing. We may not play much but people still tell us everything

It was something with the game files. I uninstalled and re installed like 9 times and verified the files
(11-16-2018, 01:17 PM)Nico Di Angelo Wrote:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon