Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Suggestion Sunday: Open Chat Time with Staff
Hi,

My name is Prince Nicky and I am currently serving as the PH Admin. 

As a college student who works part time, I don't always have the time to be on the server as much as I'd like to be. 

With this in mind, I have an idea that could perhaps allow me to be better kept abreast of server developments, issues, or successes.

That idea would be a designated bloc of time where I come and sit in a Discord voice channel to hear these comments. Sometimes it can be easier to express your thoughts via voice rather than through text, I suppose. That's not a conclusion I've come to personally, but to each their own.

As always though, you can come to me on Discord via text chat with situations or comments. 

Anyways, I'll leave this thread up to gauge opinion and thoughts on this idea. If people are enthusiastic, I will make an announcement for what times and days I'll be available. 

Thank you,

Nicky
I like this, and I think the TTT admins should do something like that, as many players (and staff sometimes) feel as if their suggestions and complaints are not being heard or discussed.

Good on you though, Nicky!
I agree with Laced.
It's been like that on PH too, considering we had nobody to go to but Dink, and he's extremely busy all the time.
It caused a lot of inner turmoil for a while, and I think getting a lot of those concerns or accomplishments out would be a big help to not only ease our minds, but also get things solved.
Kind of following with Laced and Nuru, transparency. When it comes to feeling like our suggestions aren’t heard, it’s mostly because we do not know what is going on behind the scenes in the admin world.

I understand not everything is meant to be said to everyone like staff discord’s and such, but more info on what is happening, if that makes sense...

I think this will solve that issue easily
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
Personably I have a shit memory so text works better for me but dats me. Isn’t a bad idea, some people don’t like to 1on1 over text and like talking better

That, and some people don’t feel comfortable approaching the admins

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I honestly prefer suggestion threads and responding like that but I get the appeal of 1on1/voice chat and it isn't too shabby of an idea, I'm open to it. 

There is a lot that happens behind the scenes that most people aren't typically aware of, but nonetheless I'd love to give the opportunity to each and every member of the community to present their feedback whether it be good, bad, indifferent, positive, and negative-- so we, as a community, can improve this server. So this is something myself and other TTT Admins can look into doing. 

not to toot my own horn, but I did reply to these suggestions early today: here and here
(02-11-2019, 12:12 AM)Gabe Wrote: I honestly prefer suggestion threads and responding like that but I get the appeal of 1on1/voice chat and it isn't too shabby of an idea, I'm open to it. 

There is a lot that happens behind the scenes that most people aren't typically aware of, but nonetheless I'd love to give the opportunity to each and every member of the community to present their feedback whether it be good, bad, indifferent, positive, and negative-- so we, as a community, can improve this server. So this is something myself and other TTT Admins can look into doing. 

I think part of the problem can be people being afraid to approach the admins because they are afraid of backlash from them and people who are associated with them, AKA those people in their "clique" if you will.

If you guys do start up something like what Nicky suggested, how do you intend to counter something like that, if at all?
(02-11-2019, 01:10 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote: I think part of the problem can be people being afraid to approach the admins because they are afraid of backlash from them and people who are associated with them, AKA those people in their "clique" if you will.

If you guys do start up something like what Nicky suggested, how do you intend to counter something like that, if at all?

I mean, I personally don't think people should feel that to begin with...you shouldn't be afraid to speak your mind, even IRL. It's not like you're going to be banned or heavily scrutinized for speaking your mind on something like this, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and their opinions are respected. In the famous words of Michael Franti, "Everybody's opinion is equally valid, and I feel like everybody should have an opportunity to speak out, and everyone should have the courage to speak out." But maybe that's just me. 

But I am always approachable and never will judge someone for what they say. The Admins are supposed to be honest, transparent, and approachable, as should every staff member... But if this is the case I guess maybe an anonymous system if they don't want to be named or something as simple as a promise of having an open-mind.