Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
An Alternative
I agree, I think that is a great way to reduce time also.
Im stuck on 50/50 here, as the Traitor in me says yes plox, but the Innocent in me says yeah no... (Note on the Radar refresh, I'm all for the less time added per death)

For Traitors it is indeed easier to creep around doing their things when they have a reasonably quick refreshing radar. This means that the T's and D's with this equipment can much easier maintain intel on whats happening on the map, where people are and how many people are left. Making killing people in secret easier, ergo making the round for the T's easier.

However, looking at it from the Innocent perspective, the 30 second refresh rate gives the Innocent alot of time to move away and pop up somewhere unexpected, so that they may see a T do something so that they can call the T out or kill the T themselves. And yes the T's have the disatvantage of being quite outnumbered, having an item that gives you the location of people is already really strong. Reducing the time the radar needs to "Ping" people severely limits the ability for the Innocents to properly move away from previous "pings" or to set up a quick ambush because they'll be pinged before they can execute it.

And on a quick personal note, if I see that the last guy is moving alot I'll go find myself a good spot to sit for a second waiting for him to pass by or at least get closer to me. Hell on more open maps I'd just find a more elevated place where I can scope around and snipe him. Or leave a few traps, revive a T bud to pincer etc.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.