Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Propflinging rule
Now to the people reading this, I understand that tossing around props for good fun with no intent of harming people is a thing, and in no means do I mean to do harm to your fun involving this.

However, in a few cases when I was playing I saw certain people who were using propkilling to kill off lonely people quite safely as they can only be shot if they do +5 damage to the, lets say victim. However by this time the victim has already figured out the attacker is trying to propkill him. Now these people who use propkilling as an actual T killing method only use props that if they're flung, will one-hit-kill without a doubt on players. What this means is that the victim can only die to the attacker as the attacker doesnt damage him, he instakills him once he finally hits. There is a problem here I say, and yes if the attacker was seen by another player during the act of propkilling the victim, the attacker will get called out but this REQUIRES the death of the victim wich seems quite unfair to the victim if you ask me.

The rule I am proposing (Note, its a proposal, suggest away lads) is for players to be able to warn other players to stop flinging props at them at high speed, if the flinging player does not comply in a reasonable amount of time, a KOS can be called on the flinging player for attempting to kill the victim.

A drawback that I see if this makes it on, is that some people will abuse this to kill others for just holding props etc. This'd require some staff to pay close attention to what happened in the moments before the kill or even before the KOS.

Feel free to add criticism if you disagree, all opinions matter, just keep it civil
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
I can actually see this being a possible alternative to the rules currently in place and I like the warning system for it and think that would be the best way of changing it. I mean currently, there are some occasions where people automatically think it is okay to kill people instantly that are flinging props at them at high speed. Which to be fair can get pretty annoying that you have to wait for them to do 5 dmg to kill them without the possibility of getting reported. Obviously as of now the rule is that it has to be 5+ prop damage for kos and 20+ for reporting that person.

Like you said, the drawback is that people could try to abuse this or confuse the meaning of the rule, so the rule itself will have to be carefully worded and staff would have to watch these situations and reports that can potentially be made because of it, which shouldn't be too hard to do.
If someone starts flinging a prop at me I'm killing them regardless of whether they do damage or not. If they report me for it, so be it.

Throwing props at people should be considered TBaiting when no damage is done.
Actually more recently with certain players, they really just love to prop kill or just fuck with people with barrels and shit so I really like this idea. For my last TTT server we had a rule similar to this and it was nice for the people that didn’t want the possibility of let’s say for here, painfully wait for death or wait for 5 dmg dealt to kill the person with the prop. 
Just treating the prop warning like you would with warning someone to move out of the way of the only entrance/exit would be good. 
To address the drawback, people will take advantage of whatever they can. Like some people can say that 5 dmg was dealt when it wasn’t or they “heard” a kos. It happens, I don’t think staff would struggle with this new possible rule.
@CloudySkies is shitting himself reading this
I’m curious to see where this goes. There are definitely times where I’ve killed a guy for chucking a prop around too many times (I’ll warn) or into a group obviously trying to kill someone. I don’t report being caught in a prop fight since I find that amusing, but if someone is hitting me with a barrel I’m killing you because you are certainly trying to kill me. So I’m torn

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Well you see the problem there is that technically with the current rules you've rdm'd him and should get slain for what basicly accounts for self-defense. This is the reason i'm proposing this to ensure that the people whom use this tactic stop being impervious rule-wise and to increase the fighting chance against this, quite annoying, tactic.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
(12-13-2018, 04:44 PM)King Tiger Ace Fasda22 Wrote: Well you see the problem there is that technically with the current rules you've rdm'd him and should get slain for what basicly accounts for self-defense. This is the reason i'm proposing this to ensure that the people whom use this tactic stop being impervious rule-wise and to increase the fighting chance against this, quite annoying, tactic.

Right
So def am up for this, but I don’t want it turning into so and so near a prop tried to propkill me. Staff would have to watch every video carefully, trying to see what’s actually going on and that gray area of people thinking different than you

Also should note a lot of times when I see reports from the other side it really can be seen as Tbaiting

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(12-13-2018, 03:31 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: @CloudySkies is shitting himself reading this

Not just Cloudy, but @"Lycan" too.  He just loves flinging barrels on Aircraft to either stop the propeller rotors or to flatten people.  Last time I saw him on the map, he rdm'd himself right in front of me.

Half the time I try to throw props I end up only hitting myself, which is why I don't use a magneto stick for the job.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
I enjoy murdering people with props, but you got to do what you got to do. This doesn't sound like such a bad idea to me