Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mouse House Music :)
Background: As we all know the music on mouse house is very annoying and though you can use stopsound to disable the sound, this doesn't prevent players from turning the music on repeatedly, starting the music over for everyone again and again despite console commands. I myself spam the button quite often because I get bored as an innocent and it stirs commotion, but also to bring attention to the "feature" in general.

Problem: The music on mouse house can be spammed, which is very annoying to players, distracting, and causes problems like RDM and revenge RDM, as well as potential trolling cases.

Solutions:

• Make pressing the music button KOSable - This would discourage players from spamming it, as they can be killed for it, and reduces the instance of RDM. And despite some players' best arguments, looking over the official law of the land (motd), it is not KOSable to press the button, no matter how many times it's done. It could theoretically be brought forth as a case of trolling, but it's not likely to hold up in the court of public forum, at least with a sentencing that matters.
  • Remove the map from rotation - I personally like the map a good amount, but I think removing it would do more good than harm.
  • Edit the map to disable the button - Impractical, but if the above two solutions don't suit your tastes there's always this.
  • Nothing - Do nothing and I keep spamming the button and those with enough audacity to fight me over it will face RDM charges and be slain accordingly, or just be killed in self-defense (probably the former).

Conclusion: This is a relatively minor issue/suggestion but I think the staff would appreciate not having to deal with an RDM fest and an ensuing load of disputes every time the map is played, and so would others.
Spamming the music falls under Trolling rules. Gather evidence if a Mod is not on and submit a ban request accordingly.
Yeah I know that. Not sure if you read my post. The point is that the current situation is inefficient and ineffective, which is why I *suggested* a change.
We’ll look into it.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I mentioned this earlier to someone but maybe reed could look into it and see if there's a way to edit it? I know he's done map editing before.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
I used to consider this as a lockable offense with warning, using it once is fine. Spamming the button time after time would warrant a warning and if continues they would have gotten kicked. People used to do this on vessel with the ship horn and that’s how it was dealt with on that map as well.
Yes, this should be an easy "problem" to correct in Hammer. I would do it myself, but I won't have access to my desktop until after dorms reopen. I'll inform Reed and tell Dinkleman to add it after corrections are made.

Reedguy has made corrections. It's up to Dinkleman to add it once he's online, whenever that may be.
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

Yes
          [Image: b_560x95.png]

[Image: 76561198309335191.png]
Map might be getting removed soon anyway
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
(12-17-2018, 12:44 PM)queef commando Wrote: Map might be getting removed soon anyway

The map is alright just ask Reed to edit the map so it doesn't have the music
merry christmas xbox