Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please.............
Get rid of the knife (or nerf it.)

I'm aware it's one of the most used T weapons due to how it's very hard to mess up the zero effort 1 hit kill but man, that thing is used so often for targeting players people think are too good at the game. While yes that's considered targeting, it just happens too often with too many different people. It's extremely painful playing this game having a handful of people wanting to take you out for what ever reason and I know I'm not the only one that feels this way. Watching them silently kill you and getting away because you can't hear the knife kill happen, it's just pretty frustrating.

I've heard a lot of different excuses on why the knife is "vital" :
It's easy to dodge
Classic T weapon
Strategy to take out someone you find hard to kill (targeting)
That it's actually not easy to use (u wrong)

Regardless, I highly doubt it'll be taken out because a large majority just can't function with just the idea of having no knife and doesn't understand how frustrating it is to be targeted by people with the knife and/or don't care. There's also a harpoon but that one actually requires aim so, yeah. 
Some alternatives that may or may not be dumb but I thought of something:
  1. Keep it two hit. Though yes, it wouldn't be bought as much but at least it's there :^)
  2. @Gabe  showed me this sparta kick T weapon, at least it'll make sounds and indicate of something happening and possibly less incentive to try and target someone. 
  3. Change the rule on following from sus to KOS during OT after given ample warnings to stop following.
  4. Add an alternative of yours if any of you reading think of any besides these.

I understand you can target with a lot of weapons in the T shop but those have their downsides, jihad = the T also dies + players can try and kill the jihader, body bomb = T also usually dies, etc. I know this but the knife really is just idiot proof and it's extremely easy to get away with, unless you pull that out too soon then that's on the player. Also I've heard of it not connecting to the animation but I personally have not seen that and at that point a problem with either connection or hit reg. Also yes, people shouldn't be targeting in any form but with this specific situation, I mentioned earlier it happens with many different people - they'll stop and continue. Happens too often with new people.

Ngl I feel really dumb for making this thread because of how popular this t weap. is and I'm probably gonna look like a dumbo but u kno, whatever. This game is getting very unenjoyable with all the knife targeting from random people and I just wanted to try my luck.
i will never fall for puss and go retardo mode ✊
Ur just bad, it's ok.
I like the Knife its the only weapon Im good at using in TTT I suck at using the rest
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
(01-21-2019, 02:14 AM)Burrito Bowl Wrote: Ur just bad, it's ok.

go away shit poster go get drunk
+1

I'm tired of being targeted by shitty players for being good at the game

also im tired of being killed by someone with a one hit weapon that's 50 feet away from me on my screen but their 300 ping breaks hitreg and kills me anyways
Ok, I talked to Dinkleguy about this when the knife broke a couple months ago, where it suddenly became a 2 shot kill. I asked him if he was the one who did this, and he said that he wasn't the one that did it. I asked him if he wanted to keep this, and I'm paraphrasing here, but he responded, "no, there needs to be a way for less skilled players to kill Jimbos". While I hate the goddamn knife because most of my inno deaths are caused by it, I really doubt Dinkleman will change it.
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

(01-21-2019, 02:51 AM)Trombowen Wrote: Ok, I talked to Dinkleguy about this when the knife broke a couple months ago, where it suddenly became a 2 shot kill. I asked him if he was the one who did this, and he said that he wasn't the one that did it. I asked him if he wanted to keep this, and I'm paraphrasing here, but he responded, "no, there needs to be a way for less skilled players to kill Jimbos". While I hate the goddamn knife because most of my inno deaths are caused by it, I really doubt Dinkleman will change it.

ok cool thank u dinkleman thank u

regardless, rule changes are a possibility.
I'm still kind of confused what you want the rules to be changed to. Isn't changing it from sus to KOS pointless considering sus is KOS'able in OT?
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

(01-21-2019, 03:53 AM)Trombowen Wrote: I'm still kind of confused what you want the rules to be changed to. Isn't changing it from sus to KOS pointless considering sus is KOS'able in OT?

Let me clear this up

The current rule is following before OT is sus which leads to kos in OT
I meant change it to if you give them warnings before OT, it can be kosable instead of sus so they can't stab you.
(01-21-2019, 03:56 AM)✩Hani Wrote: Stuff about knife

I propose a replacement of sorts.  If you remove the knife, make the harpoon reusable or able to buy more than 1 ( such as Detectives can buy more than one RDM Turret ).  It takes more skill, but is 1 hit and a lot more fun to use.  The current way only to reuse harpoons is if they miss.  If we could reuse harpoons or have multiples, I think others would find it enjoyable.  The knife as it is, doesn't take any skill unless you are throwing them.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy