Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please.............
I disagree; I think the knife is necessary. There needs to be a "guaranteed kill" weapon in the game for less skilled players. I could argue all day about this, but I'm going to leave it here. From past experience, I can almost guarantee that Dinkledude will not agree with removing the knife and will probably not even see this post, and considering he is the only one that can approve changes, I sincerely doubt anything will become of this request.
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

(01-23-2019, 05:42 PM)Noire ♜ Wrote: To bad this probably could never happen considering it seems to be coded into the gamemode for the knife to be a one-hit and completely taking the knife out wouldn't really work considering how tied it is not only to the community surrounding TTT, but also the maps that we play, secret knives for example. Ehhhhh, but yeah.

Except it isn't. The TTT knife was originally coded to do 50 damage to silently take out damaged players.
(01-23-2019, 06:39 PM)Trombowen Wrote: I disagree; I think the knife is necessary. There needs to be a "guaranteed kill" weapon in the game for less skilled players. I could argue all day about this, but I'm going to leave it here. From past experience, I can almost guarantee that Dinkledude will not agree with removing the knife and will probably not even see this post, and considering he is the only one that can approve changes, I sincerely doubt anything will become of this request.

That's fine.
Like I said, in the first post, there are other alternatives.
The following rule for example.
i will never fall for puss and go retardo mode ✊
(01-23-2019, 06:39 PM)Trombowen Wrote: I disagree; I think the knife is necessary. There needs to be a "guaranteed kill" weapon in the game for less skilled players. I could argue all day about this, but I'm going to leave it here. From past experience, I can almost guarantee that Dinkledude will not agree with removing the knife and will probably not even see this post, and considering he is the only one that can approve changes, I sincerely doubt anything will become of this request.

There’s also the awp that’s a garunteed two kill weapon as long as you know can basically aim at all. Also the posion dart gun when there are no detectives.
picking the players who can aim well to kill with the knife isnt about targeting the player its a tactical choice. Picking the most skilled player on the opposing team and removing their ability to fight back is how you win. I get knifed plenty while it gets annoying for the 5-10% of players who get "targeted" without it the other 90% have far less enjoyable time getting fucked by the likes of jimbo, and fozzy when he played. When you are better than other players they need a way to fight back, the issue isnt them picking these better players and removing them its that there is literally no counter play when used right, the knife as soon as its pulled out can kill someone before they can get a single shot off. Adding a larger delay between when the knife gets pulled out and when it can be used would give the people a longer chance to fight back (note i think the knife should also have a small movement speed bonus so they cant run away in that second.) and/or the following kos so that they cant just find and follow any player they want with no way for them to fight back.
(01-23-2019, 07:51 PM)Mallakk Wrote: picking the players who can aim well to kill with the knife isnt about targeting the player its a tactical choice. .

This^

There can be examples sure of targetting, but just because some people use a knife to kill you (and btw I seem to be missing those targetting reports when I look) doesn’t mean it’s broken. The point of a knife is a single confirmed kill at close range. If people use it constantly against a person THATS targetting. Not the knife.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
How about we make Knife and Harpoon reusable items. In order to claim you have to pick it off the floor by the body like any other dropped item. Just cut Knife damage to default 50 and drop Harpoon to 75.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
(01-23-2019, 08:03 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 07:51 PM)Mallakk Wrote: picking the players who can aim well to kill with the knife isnt about targeting the player its a tactical choice. .

This^

There can be examples sure of targetting, but just because some people use a knife to kill you (and btw I seem to be missing those targetting reports when I look) doesn’t mean it’s broken. The point of a knife is a single confirmed kill at close range. If people use it constantly against a person THATS targetting. Not the knife.

Ah yes I love being killed for a tactical decision 5 out of 6 rounds of a map and have to wait through 15 minute rounds because of it.
(01-23-2019, 09:19 PM)MiniMe2001 Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 08:03 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:

This^

Ah yes I love being killed for a tactical decision 5 out of 6 rounds of a map and have to wait through 15 minute rounds because of it.
It is a tactical choice because the alternative is to shoot you which means 99% of the time 90% of people will die. It is just as unfun for people to play against those who are far better as it is to be knifed all the time, both sides feel like they cant do anything. If the knife is completely removed those who cant aim as well will have nothing left to remove the 2 or 3 people a round that will destroy them and take little to no damage in the process.
When I  first joined in 2016  targetting players with knives, test or kos, awps etc wasn't against the rules and was actually encouraged for players to target me in that way ( I'm only going to talk about how it was for me not  for the other best players like Nuggies/Bang Bang or scoovie during this time) This caused me  to be targetted and knifed by literally every player on the server staff or not for entire maps durations  and if I wasn't knifed because I got my t round I  would automatically be on suspicion and be hunted down and told to test or kos on my t rounds so I completely understand how it feels to be targeted by players.  This was also when the shotgun was a 1-2 shot from like medium range which everyone used but me and a few others so ty for finally nerfing that thing but when I compare   my  personal experiences to before I quit  to my recent time of playing again the past month or so  is holy shit the new "best" players have it   easier than all of the old "best" players did back then you guys have a rule to  stop this type of targeting but don't get me wrong people still knife me all the time but i don't feel like its much of a targeting thing  more of a "tactical decision" like Mallak said. The problem with the "Tactical decision" is that the good players are always gonna see it as targetting because of how many people are making this "tactical decision" and will always be mad and if you take away this "Tactical decision" from the shitty players they will then get  mad because they won't  be able to counter the good players without having to get good so which then boils down to adding something to the knife to make it more fair for the good players such as "Adding a larger delay between when the knife gets pulled out and when it can be used would give the people a longer chance to fight back" - Mallak or maybe lowering the damage but doing either of these will ruin the knife and it make it no longer a counter to "Good players". This causes dink to make a decision that will make the most people happy which would side with the shittys because there are only a few of these "Good players" so I guess if you're getting targeted report it or just gonna have to deal with it cause I don't think both sides can win here.
    xoxo       Twitter         Youtube           Steam