Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Alora's 2nd Tmod Application
Ingame Name: ★ Alora ★

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:116637398

Time Played: I currently have 408 hours

When First Joined: I joined August 18, 2018

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Currently my availability is: 3-4 pm CST Tuesdays - Saturdays, and with me being off on Sundays and Mondays, I get on whenever. However, I do believe this might change soon. But I try to be on every day

Rank Desired: T-Mod

Current Rank: Trusted

What can you do to help the community?: I continuously record people who are suspect in either hacking or ghosting. As well as gag/mute mic/chat spammers, and If I don't have enough power I usually get someone to assist me. I'm usually on every day as well.

Why do you want to help the community?: I hate being on a server with no staff, it's annoying to have people screaming into your ears the n-word, or people giving out your location. It makes the game less fun, and if the server has no staff things often tend to get out of hand. I also enjoy staffing, it's a way to enjoy the game, even though it can get really cancerous.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): I have not.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts):  Yes, you can find my trusted app here: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...pplication
And my first T-mod app here: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...pplication

How did you find us?: Like on my last two apps, I wanted to play on a Prop Hunt server. So I picked a random server, that server being Dinks Overflow, like the people on it, and so I stayed to this day.
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]
1+ Your one of the Trusted I believe that are ready for Test Mod/ Always on and provides help to those that need it ^_^ Always controlling the game when things gets to hectic with trolls and Mic spammers and knows the rules inside out  :)

Even though You went MIA for a while, It doesnt change the fact you came back and carried on doing what you do best /
Best of luck Alora
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
I cannot +1 nor -1 you. I have many mixed feelings among this so maybe others can use my comment for decision making help.

You are extremely helpful, and on very often. You show that you're dedicated to this server, and you are a huge assest.
You're fantastic at catching ghosters and hackers, and I think temp bans would be extremely helpful for you.
You do extremely well right now as a trusted member. You're honestly the perfect amount of lax, and strict, in my eyes.
You easily have fun while also staffing, which is a huge plus for you in my book.
Your time is in no way questionable, as you're on way more than myself even.

However this being said, I have small issues here and there.
I'm not sure if its only with me, but you argue a lot over the smallest of things. From a swap, to a name change, to which of your binds were okay or not, etc. As a tmod, you have to be willing to listen to all sides, and not just yours. You have to be willing to hear feedback, and then make decisions based on all sides heard. You can't rush into something bullheaded. It'll cause issues.

Also your recording needs work, I think you still need to learn to catch full rounds and the players that are hacking/ghosting actually walking from prop to prop, rather than just the kill itself, as that's no help for banning evidence. Also if they're ghosting, try to get the screenshot of you using the friends command, as it also helps with proof.
What happens if you tempban a player and then the ban can't be upgraded to the further ban because your evidence is lacking?
Its a super easy fix on this issue, and I know you can do it. So try to keep this in mind when recording for ghosting/hacking.

And this one, is just a personal opinion. But I watch how you staff, as I do everyone else. You staff well, but sometimes it gets to you, and I feel like you on rare occasion gag/mute out of revenge/retaliation. I just want to bring this up as I feel you're not aware you do it yourself. Just try to keep that to bare minimum and you'll be fine. This one isn't as much of an issue as the others, so don't worry about it too much.

If I continue to see you work on these, I'll happily change my vote to a +1 asap, you're more than deserving of the role. Just work out the small kinks with recording and arguing with the small things. Listen first, then state your side, and don't take those kinds of things to heart.

I haven't had the opportunity lately to game with you enough to formulate an adequate option, nor do I have any constructive criticism for you as to improve.

I do remember you talking about an old server where you talked with such a voice, that it caused mortal frames to quake and tremble (my words not yours). I think if you actually used a mic on occasion, it would help alleviate some problems or contentions that happen on server while you're there. Having a mic isn't required to my knowledge, but I know it helps to have an authoritative voice on server. 

Best of luck Alora, 

Sincerely, Ancient Fancy Water Guy
+1
You're dedicated, a wonderful person, you know what you're doing and ask for help when you need it, the community likes you as well. I have not had an issue with you arguing about anything so I cannot attest to that (apologies) however some binds may be a tad inappropriate but should be an easy fix and should not hinder your application. You're also reliable and are able to contain your emotions very well in stressful situations. I do wish you luck with your application Alora ^-^
[Image: Nicol_dumb.jpg]
Nothing happened here.
Even if my opinion doesnt matter, i belive alora should get Tmod, she has been very active to the server (everytime im on she is on) and she is also so god danm good at it.

That being said, you can still work on some minor details, but i think you can work that out with a bit of time, but in the mean time i'll give you a +0
this was officially official.

[Image: b_560x95.png]
Im going to give a 0 on this because i havent really played with you much to make my own opinion. You do have inappropriate binds and your recording does need some work.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I am going to go ahead and say +1 on this one. I believe you are ready and have handled situations with individuals with marked improvement. You are on constantly if not daily and are helpful to the player community. I believe giving you tmod will help you be able to take care of situations when other staff are not available.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
+1 

I think you're ready my only real problems with you in the past where your inappropriate binds but I haven't seen any of those since you've been back if they're still an issue and if someone can show me proof of you still having really inappropriate binds or what Nuru said about you arguing with people over the littlest things I'll probably change my vote my main concern with you right now is that you don't involve yourself with the community much but I don't think that's something that should hinder your application much if at all.
[Image: I_dont_think_so.png]
Because there is a lot of people are talking about my binds here is a screenshot of my binds (If you are wondering what my z bind is it's for a surf server, and it shouldn't be a problem, but if it is I can remove it) If there is any problem let me know and I'll fix that bind.
[Image: 8d0da564bdbd40166d3aef57d67ca818.png]
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]