Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion Sunday: Don't Remove the Knife
(02-04-2019, 03:19 PM)Christian Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 03:02 PM)queef commando Wrote: what

Nobody wants to be targeted with a Knife, then have to sit out for potentially 10 minutes for a round to end. Rounds do not need to last that long.

Having to wait when you die is part of the game. What does that have to do with the knife? You can just as easily headshot someone in the beginning of a round. Should we remove guns because the dead player has to wait?
(02-04-2019, 04:25 PM)nopleez Wrote: Having to wait when you die is part of the game. What does that have to do with the knife? You can just as easily headshot someone in the beginning of a round. Should we remove guns because the dead player has to wait?

Yes, waiting is part of the game. The issue I was trying to present is there comes a time people get targeted every single round, and have to wait 10 minutes for the round to end. That just makes the game unfun, and results in some players just leaving. This point wasn't being made as the main solution, I think you and queef are taking what I said out of context. I've felt this way a lot in the past, and it's annoying. Rounds do not need to last this long, especially with 32 player s.

I support keeping the knife, it doesn't need to be removed. But there are things within the server that need to be tweaked. Round times included.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(02-04-2019, 03:19 PM)Christian Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 03:02 PM)queef commando Wrote: what

Nobody wants to be targeted with a Knife, then have to sit out for potentially 10 minutes for a round to end. Rounds do not need to last that long.

I think getting targeted at all is the problem people have, not the round length.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
The time extension per kill is fine, the problem lies with how obscenely generous the initial timer is.
I get that being stabbed every round isn't fun but at the same time what do you want then? The aimbot skill players having a field day every round because almost no-one can kill them in a 1v1? Yeah sure those good players will have a laugh every round but then what about the players who get killed instantly every round by these good players then? That knife is a good damn example of checks and balances. The casual players can use it to measure up to the high skill (Pro level) players so that they can actually play without having to worry about instant death coming from a man who bounces around twice as fast as they run. I fully support keeping it.

Its a rather annoying tradeoff honestly, one cred for one kill, but far from as annoying as having to be dead every round for a vast majority of casual players and ofcourse the new players.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
(02-04-2019, 05:03 PM)King Tiger Ace Fasda22 Wrote: I get that being stabbed every round isn't fun but at the same time what do you want then? The aimbot skill players having a field day every round because almost no-one can kill them in a 1v1? Yeah sure those good players will have a laugh every round but then what about the players who get killed instantly every round by these good players then? That knife is a good damn example of checks and balances. The casual players can use it to measure up to the high skill (Pro level) players so that they can actually play without having to worry about instant death coming from a man who bounces around twice as fast as they run. I fully support keeping it.

Its a rather annoying tradeoff honestly, one cred for one kill, but far from as annoying as having to be dead every round for a vast majority of casual players and ofcourse the new players.

Perhaps the knife needs a 3 use counter on it rather than a single use.  AWP has 2 shots, Poison Dart 3.  Dance is only 1 at this time, so you can't really have a dance party.  Being able to pick back up a harpoon would be nice after a kill, since missing means you didn't waste a credit, unless you gave it to someone else to use.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
(02-04-2019, 08:13 PM)Cosmic Tortoise Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 05:03 PM)King Tiger Ace Fasda22 Wrote: I get that being stabbed every round isn't fun but at the same time what do you want then? The aimbot skill players having a field day every round because almost no-one can kill them in a 1v1? Yeah sure those good players will have a laugh every round but then what about the players who get killed instantly every round by these good players then? That knife is a good damn example of checks and balances. The casual players can use it to measure up to the high skill (Pro level) players so that they can actually play without having to worry about instant death coming from a man who bounces around twice as fast as they run. I fully support keeping it.

Perhaps the knife needs a 3 use counter on it rather than a single use.  AWP has 2 shots, Poison Dart 3.  Dance is only 1 at this time, so you can't really have a dance party.  Being able to pick back up a harpoon would be nice after a kill, since missing means you didn't waste a credit, unless you gave it to someone else to use.

ur either retarded or trolling wtf
    xoxo       Twitter         Youtube           Steam
Can we blacklist @Cosmic Tortoise from suggesting things.
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
just remove all weapons from TTT so people can't complain about weapons
merry christmas xbox
(02-04-2019, 08:13 PM)Cosmic Tortoise Wrote: Perhaps the knife needs a 3 use counter on it rather than a single use.  AWP has 2 shots, Poison Dart 3.  Dance is only 1 at this time, so you can't really have a dance party.  Being able to pick back up a harpoon would be nice after a kill, since missing means you didn't waste a credit, unless you gave it to someone else to use.
Is this post a ban request on yourself?
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]