Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dinkleberg's TTT - Spectator Simulator
Hey everyone. I just wanted to bring this forward to the forums and kinda make it official, again... Alrighty, here I go. 

So, I, and many other people on the server, really don't like sitting in spectator waiting sometimes up to 8 - 11 minutes on a round to be completed. Trouble in Terrorist Town, in my personal opinion, isn't supposed to be a really long and drawn out game. There are certain aspects of it that DOES take time, however sitting in the corner of a map camping regardless of if you're inno or traitor, isn't fun for anyone. 
I propose that we shorten the total length of the round. The current full length is up to somewhere between 10 - 12 minutes. Heck if I know the actual time. BUT this is ungodly long when we're talking about TTT. I think rounds should be much, much shorter. ( I'm not the best at like figuring out what others like so, if you'd like please like comment below what your opinion is and how long you think rounds should last. ) 
I don't want rounds to be lightning rounds constantly, but as they are currently TTT is a spectator simulator for most people and that's just boring for everyone. 

For reference, other very successful and popular TTT servers, whom shall remain nameless, have very, very short rounds. We're talking anywhere from 3-5 minutes long. That's a HUGE difference. 

But uh, yeah. Let's see how much attention this thread gets. I want a change and I know a lot of other people do as well so, let's do something about it!
I'd like 4-6 minute rounds. More fast paced and overall would be more exciting. Shorten the time added per kill to reach 4-6 minute rounds and I think we'd be golden
Time added per kill should be shortened. That's why rounds are so long.
I've played on servers where they have a kill timer on each traitor, its set to like 2-3 mins and if they don't kill anyone they are slain mid-round. I'd prefer this more because players like cosmic tortoise hide and get there first kill at like 8 mins because he lets his traitor buddies add more time to the clock just so he can delay.  Shorten the time added will also work.
    xoxo       Twitter         Youtube           Steam
an individual one would be interesting thought, tho I think I do like a much shorter group timer. pretty sure I've seen a 17 minute round

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Pretty sure Dinkleberg is/was supposed to shorten the time.
30 seconds to 20 seconds added per kill. Not sure if it has happened because I had a 13 minute round 2 days ago though so no idea.
have you tried not being bad and survive the whole map without dying it's pretty cool when it happens
merry christmas xbox
if we shorten the time length on the game.
Will radar be improved?
30 second blips aren't that much when the round is only 5-6 minutes.
The key is to not die and then you don't have to spec.

But admins have brought up the issue with Senor Dink and he is, perhaps, working on a solution
If the time per kill gets shortened the radar delay better be shorter as well. I already have a hard enough time as is with trying to kill people who just crouch high jump and turn around insta kill me.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^