Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunlights Idiocy
Ingame name:Sunlight Sentia
SteamID:STEAM_0:0:32383690
banned by matt3
Banned for Ghosting
2 week ban
Not hoping to get unbanned, I am an idot and am hoping to be reduced to 1 week, I was negligent in using the ulx vote command and unintentionally ghosted by saying "Staff fight" as a vote and not knowing that there were 4 unidentified bodies that matt did not know about. At the time there were 2 players alive one being the test mod Kuono and the other being the admin matt3, matt3 didn't know that it was only them 2 at the time and my vote command basically revealed it. I had not checked the tab menu before making the vote, again being negligent.
Again, not hoping to get unbanned because I deserve it from being negligent but maybe hoping for a reduction due to a first offense that was also unintentional

I have been banned before but I don't believe there were any threads linked to it, I was recently unbanned for teaming which also happened to be unintentional(I was defibbed by Dangerously Sketchy and I was killed before I could do what I was planning to do which resulted in "teaming" I never teamed up with him to kill innos or anything of the sort, I merely did not call out that he was a T and I was killed before I killed Dangerously Sketchy)
Not denying the validity of the ban I believe I was rightly banned for that.
I don't think Sunlight should be banned for two whole weeks because of a mistake. The ghosting punishments are mainly there for people who ghost maliciously, not for people who make small mistakes.

The staff in discord ghost more (unintentionally and intentionally) than any regulars on this server, maybe they should be banned as well.
As far as I know, this is the second time it has been recorded on the forums as a misuse of donor powers.

I’m not saying +1 or -1 on this unban appeal, but you really need to think before you type a command.
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
Yes this is the second time as a misuse of donor powers though I consider the first to be more along the lines of I didn't know anything, I am not trying to use it as an excuse as I did nothing wrong but I feel if there were more obvious ways to tell donors had authority then it wouldn't be as miscommunicated as it was.

Though the action this time was purely my fault, and my foolishness, and as @nopleez said it was not having any malicious intent, or trying to get one side to win or having bias on one person or another, that's why I am asking for a reduction not removal, I still did it intentional or not and I don't believe it to be right to not suffer punishment just because someone "didn't mean to"
[Image: JPEG_20190202_050224.jpg]
Ban length is largely due to having 2 cases open of donor misuse within such a short time of coming back from a teaming ban. This one being a ghosting error, I decided to go with the 1st time ghosting guideline for the temp ban until admins collectively decide what to do. Admins have been in open discussion over the previous donor error and with the new error the player is banned until decision. A week versus 2 weeks is largely irrelevant to the main discussion, and was picked based off of the ghosting guidelines. The ban will be updated per the discussion.
The guidelines were previously opened up to include temp bans so that members are not immediately perma banned for smaller offenses.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Thank you for telling me, I only joined not too long ago so I didn't know this, I need to learn more about the server and there is only so much that is provided
[Image: JPEG_20190202_050224.jpg]
I dont think "staff fight" equates to "you are the last two alive" honestly.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(02-11-2019, 11:38 AM)Foxka Wrote: I dont think "staff fight" equates to "you are the last two alive" honestly.

In the context of the situation described leading up to him putting in that vote, it implies that only staff are left. As for intent, it doesn't seem like it was malicious, but rather careless and not well thought out. Im neutral on this, but I would recommend that you get clarification on rules and when to use your donor powers before playing again.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/u...E98BBF4D0/
For accuracy ^
Kuono and I were the only staff left alive (that they knew, idk on the Unid count) and only ones on the server. Considering we weren’t in a verbal arguement, it means we were literally to fight aka TvsInno
Not the world ending ghost, but enough that I felt admins should come to a conclusion before he runs around with powers again just in case.

To avis point, the lighter “punishment” may just be admins confirming he knows all rules with a slap on the wrist. A temp ban or maybe donor demote would likely be the furthest this goes if deemed necessary

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
that first ban I was there for was because neither you or your friend made an attempt to kill each other until the end after being defibbed.
Just recently too you abused your powers because you didn’t read and here we are again with ignorance of the rules and use of power.

Seeing as yes your intentions don’t seem bad but your lack of knowledge of the rules is something on yourself as any player can access the motd easily, I’d suggest you at least skim through it to prevent any more mishaps. If you do then +1 for a reduction.
i will never fall for puss and go retardo mode ✊