Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The ‘Following’ Rule.
You’re minding your business, then suddenly you turn around and there is a potato following you. You’ve heard stories about this fucking Potato before... 
“he follows me around until he knifes me”
“did you really just follow me just to jihad only me?”
You  do not know how to react. Do you shoot him? No. That’d be RDM. Rats! You decide to check what does the MOTD have to say about this.
  • Following people***
*** Must provide a warning and reasonable time to stop following after said warning
(commando, 2017)

So you know you can kill him at overtime if you call suspicion on him now, let’s give him those warning! 
*3 warnings later* 
Okay so now he’s got a sus on him I can kill him in 1 minute and 30 seconds when it hits overti-*knifed*

Okay so non-storytelling Potato is here. This rule should be changed from a sus to a KOS. It is way to easy to kill someone you are following when they can do virtually nothing about it. Trust me I know. It will be a much more effective way to getting rid of people following you. This updated rule should be very simular to the ‘test or kos’ rule where you can not simply give 3 warnings in a quick instant, rather giving them a reasonable amount of time to react. Keeping the suspicion rule only benifits the traitor. Adding this kos rule will benefit the innocent and indirectly the traitor since you know they need to look at how to actually play the game with skill... what noobs... anyway. I feel like I had more to say but I kinda just came to a halt. If anyone wants to add anything to this please feel free because I think I could add more to this argument. 
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
This idea seems sufficient, people claim that they are facing issues with the knife and claim it's exasperating. However, as you stated "It will assist innocents" Traitors might face the issue of not being able to utilize the knife. Utilizing the knife requires you to be up close, if your consistently following someone there going to give you three warnings instantly. In addition, there are new players that play TTT the knife is utilized as a welcoming tool to assist new players. Recall that there is a skill gap.
[Image: OGC.83a4f535e160188cc3ef3e7914124591?pid...n%2fbGQ%3d]
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶
(02-17-2019, 10:19 AM)Eternal Wrote: This idea seems sufficient, people claim that they are facing issues with the knife and claim it's exasperating. However, as you stated "It will assist innocents" Traitors might face the issue of not being able to utilize the knife. Utilizing the knife requires you to be up close, if your consistently following someone there going to give you three warnings instantly. In addition, there are new players that play TTT the knife is utilized as a welcoming tool to assist new players. Recall that there is a skill gap.

You don’t need to follow a player for such a long time in order to use the knife. Like by the time the player realized you were following them and managed to give you a warning, you should have used the knife by then. That’s just my opinion.

To clear up what I meant by benefiting the innocents: I believe it will equalize the playing field. I think just calling a sus does nothing to the situation until overtime, IF anyone remembers they called a sus.
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
(02-17-2019, 10:45 AM)Mr.Potato Wrote:
(02-17-2019, 10:19 AM)Eternal Wrote: This idea seems sufficient, people claim that they are facing issues with the knife and claim it's exasperating. However, as you stated "It will assist innocents" Traitors might face the issue of not being able to utilize the knife. Utilizing the knife requires you to be up close, if your consistently following someone there going to give you three warnings instantly. In addition, there are new players that play TTT the knife is utilized as a welcoming tool to assist new players. Recall that there is a skill gap.

You don’t need to follow a player for such a long time in order to use the knife. Like by the time the player realized you were following them and managed to give you a warning, you should have used the knife by then. That’s just my opinion.

To clear up what I meant by benefiting the innocents: I believe it will equalize the playing field. I think just calling a sus does nothing to the situation until overtime, IF anyone remembers they called a sus.
I believe currently the playing field is equal however, there are more superior players rather than to a new player. In addition, if your a new player attempting to knife someone it's not going to be easy due to some people actually having the ability to bhop. Even I struggle sometimes attempting to knife players.
(02-17-2019, 11:26 AM)Eternal Wrote:
(02-17-2019, 10:45 AM)Mr.Potato Wrote:

I believe currently the playing field is equal however, there are more superior players rather than to a new player. In addition, if your a new player attempting to knife someone it's not going to be easy due to some people actually having the ability to bhop. Even I struggle sometimes attempting to knife players.

So we should punish good players because new players have a hard time knifing them? I'm not quite sure I understand.
Sure.
(02-17-2019, 01:22 PM)Eternal Wrote: Sure.

That makes no sense. You're essentially saying we should nerf good players because they're good, which will, in turn, drive them away. Where will the server stand then?

Just because someone screams "OP" doesn't mean something is OP. 

(and yes, I know I'm guilty of this as well)
Nerfing gud players will lead to, as Xanny boi said, gud players be driven away.
Nerfing the average players (for example nerfing the knife or removing it) will lead to average/newbies leaving the server. All in all, bad for the server/community.

No nerfing or changing rules pl0x.
Greetings, 
Swartsy
(02-17-2019, 02:03 PM)Swartsy Wrote: Nerfing gud players will lead to, as Xanny boi said, gud players be driven away.
Nerfing the average players (for example nerfing the knife or removing it) will lead to average/newbies leaving the server. All in all, bad for the server/community.

The following rule does need a change, though.

Would help to cut down on targeting and the like.

Besides, you don't need to follow someone to knife them, you just need to wait for the right moment.
(02-17-2019, 02:05 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(02-17-2019, 02:03 PM)Swartsy Wrote: Nerfing gud players will lead to, as Xanny boi said, gud players be driven away.

The following rule does need a change, though.

Would help to cut down on targeting and the like.

Besides, you don't need to follow someone to knife them, you just need to wait for the right moment.

It indeed can be changed to reduce targeting, however I wouldn’t want to see a rule being changed in a way that would benefit either the gud or bad players as I think it’s quite equal at the moment.
Greetings, 
Swartsy