Clarification Request
(02-24-2019, 10:14 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(02-24-2019, 10:07 PM)Derp Wrote:
(02-24-2019, 09:44 PM)Cosmic Tortoise Wrote:
(02-24-2019, 08:54 PM)queef commando Wrote: Reason is consistent false reporting. Basically every ban request you make on the forums and 75% of reports you make in game are based on absolutely nothing. The last ban was 1 week. This ban is 1 week for the same reasons. Future bans will probably be longer.

So I can understand that and probably just stop reporting all together, but the metagaming wasn't given a response by anyone yet in this thread.
No, you should not stop making reports, you just need to start making valid ones (With evidence and such)
From what I understand, 90% of the time when @Laced Xanax  buys a disguiser  you call him out on his skin or just because you know he buys them a lot. Either way you roll it that is meta gaming. I’m sure there are other examples but that’s all I really know about the meta gaming issue

I will probably edit this when I get on my pc

[Image: wpnnIdz.png]

That’s epic
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
I am late to the party for this but -1 for unban and/or ban reduction.
You quite frequently make invalid ban requests, reports and typically metagame a lot. Occasionally you will make reports against 'hackers' that staff are already watching and call them out making it harder for us to get evidence and deal with them appropriately. You also throw a fit in admin chat if your report is not handled the way you want it to be handled. 
On this same subject of metagaming and reports, you do metagame a lot. Between calling Laced out when he has a disguiser on, you did the same to Datpotatoe. You also go around and basically spam <person> acts suspicious when they are doing nothing traitorous and usually get Traitors killed in OT when they have done nothing. 
It gets a little old after a while and it does need to stop. Please read the rules the way they were intended to be read and have fun.
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thread-TTT-Rules
[Image: Nicol_dumb.jpg]
Nothing happened here.
On a more serious note, here’s something I’d suggest for you to remember:

Use a screenshot as evidence when:
- RDM appears in DMG Logs
- Player says something in global TEXT chat (racial slur, ghosting, harassment)
- You are showing the player disconnected for an RDM+Leave report
- Catching TEXT chat spam

Use a video recording as evidence when:
- Spectating hackers
- Spectating ghosters
- Catching someone exploit (this can fall under screenshots too in some scenarios)
- Catching someone mic spam, ghost, saying a racial slur through VOICE chat (make sure your recording software catches game audio too)

I’m sure those are not the only things that can be added to this list. And I’m sure there are some situations where you should take this literally, as in one time I recorded someone rdming rather than taking a screenshot. But those are pretty basic uses for screenshots and videos, and they do have a difference. For instance you can not catch someone hacking with a screenshot (unless they admit to it in TEXT chat).

So when you made a report on Solifax and claimed he was hacking, and only provided screenshots of him getting headshots, we did not take the report seriously. This is because we can not go based off a screenshot to see someone is hacking. Just because a player gets headshots does not mean they’re hacking. If we had a RECORDING of a first person perspective of Solifax, maybe we would’ve been able to determine whether he was hacking or not. Same thing applies to to Lemon, when can not HEAR him admitting to teaming through a screenshot.
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
(02-25-2019, 06:43 AM)Mr.Potato Wrote: Use a video recording as evidence when:
- Spectating hackers
- Spectating ghosters
- Catching someone exploit
- Catching someone mic spam, ghost, saying a racial slur through VOICE chat (make sure your recording software catches game audio too)
My computer is ready to die, it can't handle running another program.  Similar with minecraft, it throws a fit if I have an internet browser open.

JustKuono
Quote:Please read the rules the way they were intended to be read and have fun.

This struck me a bit odd.  Also, there is no way to know if a mod is checking on someone hacking, and I recall when messaging mods before during game on them, it seems to be ignored.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
If that’s the case then message another player online to record, because screenshots for situations like the ones I listed are not going to help much, at all.
even though my opinion is pretty much irrelevant cause I’m not as involved with the community anymore, I gotta say it’s a valid ban man.
In my second video you literally report me for “auto aim hacking” cause I shoot you, And whenever I’m online you and a Few others do it often.
You constantly spam [x] is suspicious for absolutely no reason which is why the only people who follow your sus’s are usually members and guest, because everyone else knows you call utter bullshit
You delay ALOT, and I get it, being told you’re delaying is annoying as shit, but every time you are a t and all your t buds are dead, you walk around until OT. I think i’ve Maybe seen you revive once? Not really sure.
You also used to metagame me a lot, I wear a default skin for a reason, I don’t like any of the skins on the server nor being called out. But you see a jet pack and a bullshite w/ a disguiser and KOS me, or you hear bullshite shots and sus me (which I get, but don’t say it out loud, mark me in your own tab, and follow me around to ruin my game / chance of getting away with murder)
I don’t think necessarily you’re a bad dude, I’ve chatted w/ you in game and in pms a couple times and you really aren’t a villain, but the way you play (constantly paranoid as innocent, constantly actionless as traitor) is just really annoying. I know how it feels to be disliked by most people on a server, but I don’t think everyone here WANTS to dislike you, you bring it on yourself most of the time, but I also agree all of us, including myself, could calm down a bit.
I don’t think you should be unbanned, take a week to look at how other people play. Unbind your sus bind, only use reports when you get rdm’d, maybe use a different gun other than. An m24 as a traitor? If YOU think something is sus, it’s most likely not. (-1)
(02-25-2019, 08:45 AM)Cosmic Tortoise Wrote:
(02-25-2019, 06:43 AM)Mr.Potato Wrote: Use a video recording as evidence when:
- Spectating hackers
- Spectating ghosters
- Catching someone exploit
My computer is ready to die, it can't handle running another program.  Similar with minecraft, it throws a fit if I have an internet browser open.

JustKuono
Quote:Please read the rules the way they were intended to be read and have fun.

This struck me a bit odd.  Also, there is no way to know if a mod is checking on someone hacking, and I recall when messaging mods before during game on them, it seems to be ignored.
Garry's Mod has an in-game recorder built in. It may not record as well but at least it's a recorder. Steam also has a way to take screenshots, default is F5 or F12. As for the checking if Mods are watching a player instead of reporting them message us through admin chat, many players do that and some do psay depending on who it is.
Nothing happened here.
I recommend obs or bandicam if you want to get evidence for teaming, hacking and ghosting it helps to have a recording software
[Image: q0SdkAI6QPaeF9Oi-uqjbA.png]

[Image: NcxeGyl-THSvKxgssH34Pg.png]
(02-25-2019, 02:41 PM)daeganislegit Wrote: I recommend obs or bandicam if you want to get evidence for teaming, hacking and ghosting it helps to have a recording software

He said he can not run another program.

So I’d suggest using Kuono’s idea on using the default recorder on GMOD. It’s a console command I believe and I don’t remember which one.
It's record <demo name> to start recording and stop to end it.
Nothing happened here.