Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Donor powers
Why do I need staff permission to mute/gag someone that's breaking rules ?  aren't we there to help AID the staff ? i get the donor abuse and just doing it for lols but actually helping staff.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I don't know how it works with PH, but in TTT if staff are alive and someone is screaming in the mic I'll gag them. Never been a problem.
It depends on the staff member. I’ve gagged and mute players with certain PH staff on and they had no problem with it, and I’ve had PH Staff members that did have an issue.

I remember Dink saying if the player is mic spamming, does it matter who does the gag? Just gag them. (I will look for the exact quote and edit this post)

EDIT:

(12-14-2018, 10:23 AM)Dinkleberg > Wrote:
(12-10-2018, 02:00 PM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: I'd also like to ask a question regarding donors. It hasn't happened in a long time but at times, I've been on server as a donor and am just playing and minding my own business when someone who is obviously trolling comes on or is mic spamming. With there being a staff member on, I'm not allowed to take action. I just wanna know if it's bad if a donor does take action if the staff member isn't actually handling the situation? And if so, how exactly can that situation be handled with the staff member not doing their job? Like most people I'm not always recording so I can't catch this type of thing on video and I'll have no proof if it all happens in VC.

This has been happening a lot recently. I'll officially say now that I never created the "no donor powers when staff on" rule, and personally I think its ridiculous. If a micspammer starts mic spamming, who the hell cares who gags them? I think staff are way too conceited in this aspect and need to relax a bit when a donor chooses to take action before them. If it becomes an issue with particular donors overstepping decisions made with staff, those donors can be addressed individually, but I don't see why it's such a big deal.

EDIT 2: This is regarding Mic Spam or Chat Spam. When it comes to ghosters and/or hackers, I can understand why staff want to handle it. Like if I’m trying to catch a ghoster, I wouldn’t want a donor kicking them out of the server.
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
I think it may have to do with the situation. For example, if a staff member is trying to defuse the situation by speaking to the person(s) causing trouble and a donor just pops in and gags the person, it can make the situation much worse. For most situations, I am okay with donors helping out, unless they jump the gun.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
When I'm like the only one I really don't care, but if there are like more staff on, I feel like the staff should be able to handle it then.
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]
well i had an instance where someone said the N word and usually thats an automatic gag/mute from what ive seen. i feel like it needs to be universal and ALL staff should be in the same boat. not some being ok with it and some getting upset with it. especially if it's just a mute/gag. i feel like discouraging a donor from doing whats right is setting a bad example for potential staff roles later on.
Well, donors are not staff for one. They don’t have the responsibility nor the “approval” to be staffing while staff members, who have applied and have been accepted, are on. If you gag someone before I could then I don’t care, bc it’s the same result and it was done right, however no you’re not supposed to really and staff may ask you not to. If you gag someone who didn’t need to be gagged tho, that’s where problems pop up bc I’m going to reverse it and we need to talk about it to see what’s going on. And if you’re gagging someone that the staff member won’t - it really has to be valid beyond doubt. As in the staff member is not doing their job period, not just using discretion different than your own. It’s usually best to let it go and let a higher up know, because going around staff can easily cause you problems, and if we decide you’re wrong it can cost you the donor.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
matt_st3 are you talking about being in TTT ?
(03-22-2019, 04:58 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Well, donors are not staff for one. They don’t have the responsibility nor the “approval” to be staffing while staff members, who have applied and have been accepted, are on. Now, if you’re dead, I’m alive, and someone is screaming or spamming in dead chat then I don’t care if you solve that. However, you need to @chat or pm (@ is easier) me why, else I’m going to pm you asking why. If it’s valid then I don’t care, and most staff don’t care. If we’re both alive and you gag someone before I could then I don’t care, bc it’s the same result and it was done right, however no you’re  not supposed to really and staff may ask you not to. If you gag someone who didn’t need to be gagged tho, that’s where problems pop up bc I’m going to reverse it and we need to talk about it to see what’s going on. And if you’re gagging someone that the staff member won’t - it really has to be valid beyond doubt. As in the staff member is not doing their job period, not just using discretion different than your own. It’s usually best to let it go and let a higher up know, because going around staff can easily cause you problems, and if we decide you’re wrong it can cost you the donor.

This is a prop hunt suggestions thread where most of the issues you bring up wouldn't happen.
As this is in the prop hunt section, Ill address it from that perspective (since the game mode is different than ttt in that dead can speak to living and vice versa but there is teamchat that becomes an issue). I dont mind donors helping when I staff so long as they follow the motd procedures and don't overstep if I am already handling something. But that being said, if I say I can handle it, then give me a chance to (that's what staff are there for). I've run into the issue where I'm giving a verbal warning and donors give other punishments when I'm trying to defuse things. As for teamchat, if you are on a team where there isn't a staff member, and you need to mute them, make sure to tell staff why and be prepared to show proof of what that person did (ss or video) if needed.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~