Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Donor powers
(03-22-2019, 05:07 PM)§bSuperwonder801 Wrote: matt_st3  are you talking about being in TTT ?

The same principle applies nonetheless. If there's multiple staff on, there is little reason for donors feeling like they need to use their powers or to resolve the issue faster than staff do. Now, if there is a single staff member on, who is not addressing the situation and the donor follows the guidelines while the staff member is busy, afk, or not doing their job, then there should be little to no issue. A good portion of staff do not mind helpful donors. The flip side of the coin is keeping an eye on donors who are or have been overzealous in the past. If a staff member is handling the issue. Having powers or commands and wanting to use them is different than having powers or commands and needing to use them. Dinkleberg said himself he has no issue with donors using powers, this is of course taking into consideration that the donor is using their powers responsibly. I do not know the particular situation that you are speaking of or if there have been several instances that a staff member or several staff members, have told you that donors are forbidden from using his or her powers or commands. It may have been an issue of a simple miscommunication or staff member believing that you jumped the gun on a situation, but as long as the powers or commands are used responsibly, then there should be no issue. If you believe that you are continually wronged, then make sure to gather evidence so that we can all see the situation that led up to the use of the command and the staff member disagreeing with your choice. 

Nowadays, when it comes to players saying the n word over the microphone or in chat, they receive a warning first, then the gag occurs if they continue immediately afterward or later on. We are trying to achieve a calmer atmosphere and the use of many commands or powers that appear random can cause the opposite.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
In my case, I help out chief when it comes to his hearing problem with the gags. In matters when there is no staff, I carry out gags and mutes to people who are abusing their mic access and those who are abit too aggressive in the chat. A donor shouldn't over step when there is staff on. I do admit I do gag some and mute some when staff are on, but those are times when staff is deemed afk or they didn't hear it. We donors have powers, but if you dont know how to use them when and where, its best you ask someone how to i guess since youre doing it here, or just don't use them at all. 
Abdel i asked you for the command to ungage/unmute everyone and you told me that if i dont know then i shouldn't try. but that's not the reason for this thread.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Whoops should’ve checked the thread not just who responded first. I’ll amend it into something constructive

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
matt_st3 all good man. i wasnt sure if i posted it in the right section to begin with lol.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(03-22-2019, 03:56 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: I think it may have to do with the situation. For example, if a staff member is trying to defuse the situation by speaking to the person(s) causing trouble and a donor just pops in and gags the person, it can make the situation much worse. For most situations, I am okay with donors helping out, unless they jump the gun.

see that’s how I see it because first they don’t access to admin chat and that’s normally how we figure things out that way so it’s not public so if we’re trying to defuse a situation as fish said then they pop up and try to help out. I personally don’t have a problem with it but they can make a situation worse then it already is because they don’t know what we’re talking about privately and how we’re trying to solve it
I may look calm but in my mind I just killed you three times

#SMOL SQUAD 2016-forever

Nicol Bolas
(03-22-2019, 05:41 PM)§bSuperwonder801 Wrote: Abdel i asked you for the command to ungage/unmute everyone and you told me that if i dont know then i shouldn't try. but that's not the reason for this thread.

I said, that if you don't know how to ungag or unmute everyone, you shouldn't use the commands in the first place because of the very reason you didn't know how to in the first place. I only know how to use them because I was past staff somewhere else. If you don't know when you should be using these commands or how, then you shouldn't use them at all. I honestly didn't want to say cause I didn't want people to know how to gag the entire server if they did donate xD 
It's best to ask the staff member online if they would like some assistance by using the @ function to communicate via Admin chat. You can use your powers with Staff on, however, you must still follow the same procedure that the staff do before punishing someone. https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...Guidelines

The donor commands are as follows: 
Kick - Used to force disconnect a player. Targeting: !kick <player> <reason>. If the name has spaces or odd characters use the ULX menu. you can type !menu to access the ULX menu on server. 

Gag - This command is used to forcibly mute someones microphone in voice chat. Targeting: !gag <player>. Opposite !ungag <player>. Can also gag multiple targets like this: !gag Player1,Player2, ect. (This applies to gag, mute, slap and slay.)

Mute - Used to hide text chat made by the target of command. Targeting: !mute <player>

Unmute/Ungag -  To unmute/ungag everyone type: !unmute * or !ungag *. To Unmute/Ungag player is !unmute <player>  and !ungag <player>

If you're really desiring to help, then be sure to communicate to the staff online that you're there to help if needed. This also shows initiative if you ever desire to be staff in the future. 

Make it a Great day. 
I'm with the others here.
I personally honestly encourage donors to help, but if I'm trying to handle a situation, I prefer they leave it to me. Say for example, a group of trolls/etc.
If it's just one person here or there, donors drop their binds and warnings, ask about kicking, etc. I highly suggest doing the same. Asking to help is the best way to know about these things and when and where it's appropriate to help.
Communication is key.