Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dear prophunt players - why do you play ph and not the superior gamemode
(03-28-2019, 07:45 AM)Mr.Potato Wrote: I see Prop Hunt has a game mode all about creativity. I like to be creative in 2 different ways:

1) Sometimes I’m on a map and go “Holy shit is it possible to do that? Is it possible to get there?”. Then I start getting creative with the map and find a new spot. I usually look for these spots as a hunter lmao, I just run into props along the way.

2) And then there are other times where I don’t look for impossible spots, but I look for the spots where it’s so fucking stupid it works. This I think requires the most creativity, since if you do it wrong you will be spotted instantly. But if you do it correctly, even the best players will walk past you.

TTT also has some creativity to it in my eyes, I like to think as a Traitor “What’s a new or cruel way to kill an innocent?”. But in my personal opinion, Prop Hunt has a lot more room for creativity than TTT, which is why I believe people prefer it.

Yeah I feel you on that. TTT doesn't have much room for creativity.

The most I can think of are like the fastest way to move around maps (I.E Ladder boosting from top of the door to book shelf on de_dolls) and bhop routes that I go fast with / look cool (Like from the outdoor dining area to silo)

I remember on CoD4 Prophunt their were absolutely no limits to where you could hide. Hitting skills strafes / bounces to get out of map, landing ontop of skyboxes with skill bounces, you name it. 

I've always liked the Prophunt gamemode in other games, but in gmod it just feels different.

Now that I've seen everyone's thoughts on it, I'll most likely give it a try for a bit and see if I can retain some of my pseudo-photographic memory to shoot props like I did back in '14.

I got another question for people who play prop hunt :

Are maps made with specific spots missing so props look like they really belong there or do you just take the models and hide in your own spots?
mostly people finding spots or stealing spots T.T
[Image: J6yUs0g]