Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music for PH
(03-26-2019, 10:39 PM)ritsuneru Wrote: We've been trying to get something like that for PH for years now. It'd be more enjoyable if Donor and above had access to that. Definitely what I enjoyed most for TTT. It will make people more inclined for donating for sure. However if I remember corrrectly, the after round idea couldn't be implemented for a specific server reason.

I would have put Donor but we have a few Donors that I and other staff dont trust - Giving them this Command could be a Nono

(03-26-2019, 10:40 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: I'm not so sure about adding this in. On TTT the queues are usually either really dumb memes or something that only one person really wants to hear. Also, it's usually only the same couple of people doing queues.

Plus, a lot of players, myself included, like to listen to our own music while playing. Having Smash Mouth, Darude Sandstorm, or whatever the current meme of the week is blast for 30 seconds while I'm in the middle of a song would be kind of irritating.

People trying to yell over the music would be another problem.

Also people not knowing how to !stop the music would be another problem. You'd have people yelling about it as soon as someones dumb meme song starts playing.

Plus if you give something like that to only test mods, we'd have the donors begging for it soon. Then we have people that have no staff obligation putting ridiculous queues up like those that are just screaming.

I just don't think it's a good idea. Some things are best left just on TTT. This is one of those things.
Thats something I would like to hear from a staff from a TTT and PH background - Thanks Step Dad
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
(03-26-2019, 10:41 PM)Sharky Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 10:39 PM)ritsuneru Wrote: We've been trying to get something like that for PH for years now. It'd be more enjoyable if Donor and above had access to that. Definitely what I enjoyed most for TTT. It will make people more inclined for donating for sure. However if I remember corrrectly, the after round idea couldn't be implemented for a specific server reason.

I would have put Donor but we have a few Donors that I and other staff dont trust - Giving them this Command could be a Nono

(03-26-2019, 10:40 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: I'm not so sure about adding this in. On TTT the queues are usually either really dumb memes or something that only one person really wants to hear. Also, it's usually only the same couple of people doing queues.

Plus, a lot of players, myself included, like to listen to our own music while playing. Having Smash Mouth, Darude Sandstorm, or whatever the current meme of the week is blast for 30 seconds while I'm in the middle of a song would be kind of irritating.

Also people not knowing how to !stop the music would be another problem. You'd have people yelling about it as soon as someones dumb meme song starts playing.

Plus if you give something like that to only test mods, we'd have the donors begging for it soon. Then we have people that have no staff obligation putting ridiculous queues up like those that are just screaming.

I just don't think it's a good idea. Some things are best left just on TTT. This is one of those things.
Thats something I would like to hear from a staff from a TTT and PH background - Thanks Step Dad
but Nicky is from TTT and PH......
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(03-27-2019, 06:29 AM)Uta Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 10:41 PM)Sharky Wrote:

but Nicky is from TTT and PH......

So am I and I completely agree with Nicky on this one
[Image: giphy.gif]
Plus there would be players begging and spamming chat of things to be queued and then they would start linking YouTube links and other things.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I love Minecraft queues

This was brought up a couple of months ago about the possibility of adding a Jukebox to PH. Nicky pretty much covered the reasons why it was shut down initially.  I do agree that it sounds like a fun Idea, but the actual application or use could be more of a hassle than a reward. 

I for one have zero desire to hunt down some neutral music to play at the end of a map that will be played for 20 seconds. It seems more of a hassle than is needed. You'd then have people begging for their things to be played and we already deal with unpleasant things as is. 

Yeah we aren't TTT, and I'm grateful for that. Let them do their thing. 

Though I wonder if a Jukebox could be added to Death Run? It's a smaller collection of people playing there.