Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove and Replace the Dance Gun
Hello,

Recently, it has come to the attention of me and some other staff members @"Derp" that there are some issues with the dance gun that need to be addressed. 

It has been determined that the dance gun, despite being intended to be a one hit kill weapon to kill a single person, can be exploited and used to kill multiple people. This kills them the same way as normal dance gun kills - freezes their game for about 8 seconds and then they die. 

With a one hit kill weapon like the dance gun, there really shouldn't be ways that allow for it to kill 2-4 extra people. The most similar one hit kill weapon, the knife, can't be exploited to kill multiple. The AWP can be used to kill multiple, sure, but that requires a vantage point and lugging around a huge weapon that is easily spotted.

I have actually noticed two different ways that the dance gun can be abused. I'd prefer not to go into too many details, but one involves a sentry turret and the other just involves close proximity to someone else dance gunned.

Evidently the exploits can crash peoples games too. @Nicol Bolas 

Anyways, as with my other remove and replace threads.

Reasons to remove
1. A powerful weapon, intended to be a one hit kill weapon that will kill just one person, has the power to kill anywhere between 2 to 4 people. 
2. It's unfair to new players that won't know how to glitch it/exploit it in order to get multiple kills
3. It can be pretty irritating for a player to somehow die from a dance gun despite not being shot by it.
4. No one wants their game to crash.  

Reasons to keep
1. The dance gun is a fun T weapon and one of few one hit kill weapons, perhaps it can be fixed. 

I don't have any particular replacement in mind, but I'm sure that someone can find something similarly cool for another one hit kill weapon. 
To add to this, from my experience at least, when killed via the exploit, your screen will be locked in spectator mode and you'll be unable to spectate, forcing to relog. I can't say for everyone, but as said, my game crashed when I died via the exploit.
I love how the Dance Gun was originally meant to replace the Knife, along with a few other weapons, but instead we kept it as a standalone weapon thinking people weren't going to complain about the overuse of OHK weapons.

edit: quick note, I'm not saying OHK weapons should be removed, but we shouldn't have too many of them. No matter how much I hate them because they take no skill, they still have their place in TTT. This is a situation of quantity over quality, and it's not going well.
(03-31-2019, 05:41 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: I love how the Dance Gun was originally meant to replace the Knife, along with a few other weapons, but instead we kept it as a standalone weapon thinking people weren't going to complain about the overuse of OHK weapons.

edit: quick note, I'm not saying OHK weapons should be removed, but we shouldn't have too many of them. No matter how much I hate them because they take no skill, they still have their place in TTT. This is a situation of quantity over quality, and it's not going well.

I mean there was a meaning to adding them, as stated previously by Prince, "The Awp is utilized for long distance, the knife is utilized for close range." The Dance Gun is utilized for mediocre range. However, I do agree that we shouldn't have to many OHK weapons..
[Image: OGC.83a4f535e160188cc3ef3e7914124591?pid...n%2fbGQ%3d]
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶
(03-31-2019, 06:02 PM)Eternal Wrote:
(03-31-2019, 05:41 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: I love how the Dance Gun was originally meant to replace the Knife, along with a few other weapons, but instead we kept it as a standalone weapon thinking people weren't going to complain about the overuse of OHK weapons.

I mean there was a meaning to adding them, as stated previously by Prince, "The Awp is utilized for long distance, the knife is utilized for close range." The Dance Gun is utilized for mediocre range. However, I do agree that we shouldn't have to many OHK weapons..

By the time it takes to buy the weapon, find someone to use it on, and hit them with it, you could've killed them 5 times over with a regular gun.
(03-31-2019, 06:06 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:

By the time it takes to buy the weapon, find someone to use it on, and hit them with it, you could've killed them 5 times over with a regular gun.
Depends if your skilled.
(03-31-2019, 06:10 PM)Eternal Wrote:

Depends if your skilled.

A shotgun can do the job just fine.
the dance gun is annoying, with one of the most overplayed "meme" songs being played almost constantly in the server now. just remove it imo
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(03-31-2019, 06:14 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:

Depends if your skilled.

Oh man I haven't heard anyone used a Shotgun in the longest period of time. Shotguns are decent but I don't know if you can pull that many kills especially if someone were to put a KOS on you on a distant map.

(03-31-2019, 07:24 PM)Foxka Wrote: the dance gun is annoying, with one of the most overplayed "meme" songs being played almost constantly in the server now. just remove it imo

I don't really know if it's even considered a "Meme song" lol. I mean it's utilized a ton but not really a meme song I guess. It's not even used that much...
(03-31-2019, 09:38 PM)Eternal Wrote:
(03-31-2019, 06:14 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(03-31-2019, 06:02 PM)Eternal Wrote: I mean there was a meaning to adding them, as stated previously by Prince, "The Awp is utilized for long distance, the knife is utilized for close range." The Dance Gun is utilized for mediocre range. However, I do agree that we shouldn't have to many OHK weapons..

Depends if your skilled.

Oh man I haven't heard anyone used a Shotgun in the longest period of time. Shotguns are decent but I don't know if you can pull that many kills especially if someone were to put a KOS on you on a distant map.

(03-31-2019, 07:24 PM)Foxka Wrote: the dance gun is annoying, with one of the most overplayed "meme" songs being played almost constantly in the server now. just remove it imo

I don't really know if it's even considered a "Meme song" lol. I mean it's utilized a ton but not really a meme song I guess. It's not even used that much...
Eternal, please. The gun can be exploited to get multiple kills easily in a very fast amount of time when it was supposed to be only a 1 hit 1 kill weapon that was going to replace the knife, it will hopefully be removed. Also yes it is a meme song.