Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another one bites the dust
This is gonna be a long one. Strap yourselves in, folks.

May 26th, 2018, I joined the TTT server. I liked the people there, and I liked the server, so I decided to stay and involve myself in the community more by joining the forums and the discord. I bought Donor and began using my powers as the rules defined I could to handle what I could. This led to me applying for Trusted on August 1st. I was accepted, and things were good. Eventually, I worked my way up to Moderator. Things were a bit rough, but I still enjoyed being here. As I became more observant in what happened around the community and within the staff, I started to notice things that I'll discuss later on in this post. This culminated into a series of events that led me to no longer enjoy my time spent on the server and with some of the other staff members. I no longer wanted to be staff, which is the main subject of this post today. 

Today, April 7th, 2019, I am putting in my resignation as a TTT Moderator.

There are numerous factors that have led me to make this decision over the course of a couple of months, and I'll discuss a few of them here today.

First of all, the staff. Man, the things I have to say about this group of humans. I'll keep my temper under control and not resort to calling these people every name under the sun, but instead talk about what exactly is wrong. Toxicity is a problem within some of the regulars of this community, right? Well, these people were never bad until the staff enabled them to take part in toxic behaviors. We then ban the regulars for becoming toxic, but the people that enable it? They get off scot free, which leads into another thing that's a big problem in my eyes. The hypocrisy that goes around here. For instance, the recent ban of nopleez. I'd like to preface this by saying I completely agree that he should have been banned, but trolling and targeting? Aside from the fact that nobody was ever shown an instance of him targeting people, I can name countless staff members that troll, shitpost, etc. on a daily basis. Should we ban them, too? No, they get a free pass because they're staff, or they're just favorites of one of the higher ups, which is my next topic of discussion. I'd like to end this on the fact that nobody should be above the rules, but it appears that sentiment is not how things are run, and that disappoints me.

Favoritism. Anybody with half a brain cell knows exactly what I'm talking about. People who either don't get punished hard enough or at all for the things they've done or people who don't deserve a staff position getting it anyway just because they're liked by the admins. I'm not specifically calling out the admins as favoritism doesn't start or end with them, but I am using them as an example. I'm not naming names either, as this will only fuel the fire and give people the attention they want, but I would hope the people who aren't named in this thread know exactly who they are. Certain staff members that have gotten promotions that I strongly disagree with or people who so badly deserve a demotion but won't be demoted, these are the main things that have made my blood boil during my time here as staff. Rules are more strongly enforced on some people than others, and it isn't fair to them or to anybody else. As I said, nobody should be above the rules, but if you're a fan favorite in this community, then I guess you are above the rules.

Don't get me wrong, I love this community and I love the people that I've become close with over the past 10, almost 11 months of playing here. However, I simply cannot deal with being a staff member anymore. Working alongside some of you, I don't know how you manage to tie your own shoes, let alone staff a Discord server, a TTT server, and the forums. Props to you, I guess.

There's a lot more I'd love to talk about, but unfortunately, due to rules that are currently in place regarding sharing information from the staff Discord, I cannot. So I guess this is where my story ends as a staff member. My best shot at making this place better wasn't enough, and I apologize.

I'm not tagging people who made my time here more enjoyable, as you should all know who you are.

I love you all, and I hope you have a wonderful evening.

Laced Xanax
Thanks for the effort you put into the community and for being a great friend.  Don't be a stranger, and p.s. maze bean.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
(04-07-2019, 04:21 PM)Avi Wrote: Thanks for the effort you put into the community and for being a great friend.  Don't be a stranger, and p.s. maze bean.

maze bean
I love you so much.
I'll miss you banning me.
This isn't a goodbye though because youre one of my absolute best friends and imma rdm u in other games ok.
I hate that the good ones are always the ones to leave. They're the ones that realized eventually what is going on and once it becomes too much on them to fix it, they go. I'm sorry you're one of the ones this has happened to.
Stay strong kiddo.
He finally resigned because he bad. Ha. Nah fr tho, it's been a ride. Always appreciate what you did for the server, and you were one of our best. Take care fam.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
What a huge big nerd. Anyways, you're a great guy and I understand your frustrations, burnout is real, dealing with people is not fun, especially when they come as they do on gmod or online in general. Honestly just do whatever makes you happy, and if it happens to be not this, then that's totally fine, it's an online server, it's not your job.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Favoritism is gonna stay a thing until a damn broom gets sweeped through the deciding folks taking the biased ones out. Alas, that wont happen. Sad to see you drop out as staff, but... We welcome you as a Purple Prick.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
(04-07-2019, 04:16 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: There are numerous factors that have led me to make this decision over the course of a couple of months, and I'll discuss a few of them here today.

First of all, the potato

Dang I knew I was better than you in TTT but I didn’t think you’d resign over it.
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
Love you Laced ♥️ thank you for playing with me and giving me my start as staff by sponsoring me. I need to tk you on siege again soon
Damn, didn’t see that one coming..
It’s sad to see you resigning staff buddy. I think you were one of the best. Love u my guy
Greetings, 
Swartsy