Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New PH Map Suggestions
I was looking around the Steam workshop for some new PH maps for the server. It is a bit difficult to find some decent maps, but I have one that looks very good to me and one i'm not so sure about. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1073300849
That one is PH_Volcano, it is based off of islandhouse, it has many props and rooms to hide in and looks good. My only concern with it is it may be too big. I'm not exactly sure how big of a map we should get, but I would like to hear you guys opinion on it. It also has a small download size of about 33mb, and spawns for over 40 people.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1432233213
This is PH_Purity and its a good size map with a alright prop selection but I'm not sure if it will be a good map to hide on. It does have a 40 person spawn, and a low download size, 43mb. 

Also i'm sure at least some staff know about the new restaurant and zombie bunker maps that are in beta. They both look great and would love to see them when there out of beta. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1627575684
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1634130158
Ex TTT Mod Dec 14, 2019 - Dec 14, 2019
Ex PH Mod April 14, 2019 - January 20, 2020
Ex PH Mod May 9, 2020 - May 27, 2022
Proud member of the RDMS
Ex Forum Admin May 6, 2022 - May 6, 2022
Former PH Map Editor

We’ve recently added about 3? New maps to the server 1 of which has been removed I believe. I feel like this is something that would be seen into the future like 3 or 4 months later. We would have to test out the borders, what would be an illegal prop or spot, if there are illegal spots/props how many would there be, and if it’s easy to get out the map. The second map I’m kinda not liking it because judging from the pictures there really isn’t any place to hide at. It looks like there’s just props laying around and little hiding places. Also on the second map the file size seems a little big. I will look into the maps probably with a couple staff members tomorrow. Thank you for the suggestions Death :D
[Image: giphy.gif]
Purity has been tested and the amount of files that would be needed for it to be downloaded is too much, for restaurant 2019 we were for sure going to wait until it left beta before considering it, and with Volcano it appears many people may have texture issues with the latest version.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
Yea, I figured the second one wouldn't be good. I just wanted to see. Also I know we recently added maps but other than Galactic I thought they were removed unless I'm mistaken. It just feels like the same map choices are up.
Ex TTT Mod Dec 14, 2019 - Dec 14, 2019
Ex PH Mod April 14, 2019 - January 20, 2020
Ex PH Mod May 9, 2020 - May 27, 2022
Proud member of the RDMS
Ex Forum Admin May 6, 2022 - May 6, 2022
Former PH Map Editor

So I dont make an extra post I will be posting this here.

I also want to suggest some more maps to the server. It seems we have one map in common so this will be easier to explain.
I had some help in testing these with the help of @augmENTreality2, @ZoeOwl, and my buddy Jump(turkey Sandwich ingame).

PH_BIKINIBOTTOM

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...kinibottom

Here we have the bikini bottom map. From the description I found that its a good map, no requirements of cs:s or cs:go textures, everything comes with the map. It's really colorful map and there are many props you can turn into. We tested for any illegal spots and places to possibly break the map and we found that the pan prop can hide in the red buses texture, and in the attic of the krusty krab building, behind the boxes you can really see back there that well. Aside these things, everything else checked out. There might not be as many places for people to hide as they expect but there can be alot of creative places we can experiment with hopefully you'll check it out yourself and see if you liked it. I've played this before on a different server and it could sustain 32+ players just watch out for them nades bois and gals. 

PH_FOUNTAIN

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...chtext=ph_

The link looks like it cut off at the end but it isn't. Thats how it is. This is ph_fountain and its a very big sized map. When exploring this map, we found that there are multiple barriers in places where they should be. We didn't find an effective way to get out of map. there's alot of roof access and none of the roof areas allow access to the outside boundary. We did find multiple props that may be too small for a fun gameplay. These props are the pool ball (multiple color balls), the crayons (multiple colored crayons), and a cd prop that all seem too small for hunters to be able to see and possible easily used to glitch with. There's an underground area tunnel that has a cardboard prop thats pretty easy to be seen and big, but its very flat, idk if staff will have a problem with that. Thats the summary for the props, everything else checks out, no texture requirements and it says it good for 40 slots. 

PH_PURITY

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...chtext=ph_

Same here as well, the link is correct. This is ph_Purity and its an awesome map I once played somewhere else. It doesn't require textures and it's great for the max player cap on the server. There are many spots in this map, and its fairly big-medium sized map. There's an indoors and and outdoors. We didn't find anything wrong with this map, no way to exploit out of map. What we did find was that in the indoor fireplace you can hug a corner and jump behind an open texture and hide behind a wall. This should be marked in the illegal spots of the map if it's accepted. I hope this checks out cause It was the most promising of the 4 we found. 

ph_lttp_kakariko_b2 OR Kakariko

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=282350293

This is an old favorite an a map I would definitely want it to be considered. This map only really has like 6 props that you can be aside the starting tman so 7 props you can be. There are alot of places where you can hide and work with, with the props that we can be. My feeling from this map is that you don't always have to be a small prop to have fun, we can be big bushes or a heart prop somewhere funny and win. This map will mostly be more chasing and epic juking then hiding. I'm sure people will be creative with this place. There are no requirements for textures and the player limit cap is perfect. 

So Hope some of these can be considered along with deathstar's list, @§8Lt_Deathstar, if you want to get on and test your list together with the help of a few others, contact me on discord, we can plan something out and update the list abit if they work well with lot of people or not. Thanks for the read dudes.
last two idk, but bikini bottom i feel will be too small for the server, prop menu is broken on the map only two props will show depending on your location a box and planktoon, but generally people will pick for a meme and will get bored. Fountain is good map big and lots to pick, but frankly some of the props are a pain in the ass to shoot pool balls and crayons to name a a couple like stated above. And there is a knife depending on where you are will become almost invisible if not invisible and needs to be banned if u add this map and if I remeber correctly there are some wooden props that will go almost completely in the wall here like how the graphic card and fan do on gas station
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(04-08-2019, 07:06 PM)Kasumi Wrote: We’ve recently added about 3? New maps to the server 1 of which has been removed I believe. I feel like this is something that would be seen into the future like 3 or 4 months later. We would have to test out the borders, what would be an illegal prop or spot, if there are illegal spots/props how many would there be, and if it’s easy to get out the map. The second map I’m kinda not liking it because judging from the pictures there really isn’t any place to hide at. It looks like there’s just props laying around and little hiding places. Also on the second map the file size seems a little big. I will look into the maps probably with a couple staff members tomorrow. Thank you for the suggestions Death :D

Around 6 maps that I know were added. pie factory, warehouse, night of the living dead, motel black 2018, high office, galactic were added. Out of this list, Galactic and high office were kept. So 4 out of 6 maps were removed. Plus I also want to state that on the server, The current motel black has the same problem the 2018 one had. People can easily glitch under the map. Chalet bugs out when theres too many people on and there are others that do the same. The same maps keep getting played again and again which i don't mind because i enjoy playing regardless. New maps always attract more players and get played more if its new and people find it good. Hope these points can be taken into account.

(04-08-2019, 07:19 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: Purity has been tested and the amount of files that would be needed for it to be downloaded is too much, for restaurant 2019 we were for sure going to wait until it left beta before considering it, and with Volcano it appears many people may have texture issues with the latest version.

What do you mean by too many files? I sent it to a few peeps that joined on me and like two of them don't have cs:s or any textures downloaded and they didn't have a problem seeing the map and playing in it. Could you elaborate.
Just had a test at PH Volcano and its a really decent map tbh but there are alot or errors that need to be downloaded and with the texture there was really any. I think that can replace Island house tbh. But yeah Kasumi is right we need to wait at least 3 or 4 months to add a few new maps
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
(04-08-2019, 08:05 PM)Sharky Wrote: Just had a test at PH Volcano and its a really decent map tbh but there are alot or errors that need to be downloaded and with the texture there was really any. I think that can replace Island house tbh. But yeah Kasumi is right we need to wait at least 3 or 4 months to add a few new maps

I have no problem with waiting 3 to 4 months, better to have early submissions to be added into some kind of ready plan in place when the time comes.
You say that ph_purity is small but, ph_house_v3 and ph_monden_house are also small even smaller maybe. We even say that ph_house_v3 is our "point farming" map because hunters win most of the whole time. I think that ph_purity is much bigger then the too house maps i had brought up, but i understand that the files are a bit to much.
[Image: tumblr_ppptzfUYlE1vqcg8uo1_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_pprwekc3kz1vqcg8uo1_400.jpg]
Thank you Abdel for the image