Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New PH Map Suggestions
Yeah just to reiterate what @Abdel said there were 6 maps added and 2 kept. I would love to see some stuff to replace things like modern house and indoor pool. Although i love clue and chalet, those maps dont handle the server traffic well. Purity is great as a small map replacement. And this bikini bottom map although the prop menu may be lacking, there are plenty of props on the map itself to choose from. I mean we already have maps in rotation with little to no prop menu; academy, clue, school, and high floor office. Overall I just think there should be some research into some new maps to not let the server get stale.
[Image: ban_2.png]
[Image: aug_kick_2.png]
(04-08-2019, 08:52 PM)augmENTreality2 Wrote: And this bikini bottom map although the prop menu may be lacking, there are plenty of props on the map itself to choose from.

I'm pretty sure the issue with that map is the spawns, it's why clue and chalet crashes, correct me if I'm wrong with that tho.
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]
(04-08-2019, 09:02 PM)Alora Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 08:52 PM)augmENTreality2 Wrote: And this bikini bottom map although the prop menu may be lacking, there are plenty of props on the map itself to choose from.

I'm pretty sure the issue with that map is the spawns, it's why clue and chalet crashes, correct me if I'm wrong with that tho.

The workshop page says 40 spawns.

(04-08-2019, 07:19 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: Purity has been tested and the amount of files that would be needed for it to be downloaded is too much, for restaurant 2019 we were for sure going to wait until it left beta before considering it, and with Volcano it appears many people may have texture issues with the latest version.

What do you mean by too many files? I sent it to a few peeps that joined on me and like two of them don't have cs:s or any textures downloaded and they didn't have a problem seeing the map and playing in it. Could you elaborate.

The file size is large and quite a few of the textures are custom not css which depending on a user, may cause bigger issues than not having css
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(04-08-2019, 09:12 PM)augmENTreality2 Wrote:

Dose the Prop Menu really matter? Sure i enjoy using it when i can, but it doesn't bother me when i can't. The map ph_highflooroffice doesn't have a prop menu and it is my favorite map.
[Image: tumblr_ppptzfUYlE1vqcg8uo1_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_pprwekc3kz1vqcg8uo1_400.jpg]
Thank you Abdel for the image
I'm a +1 on bikini bottom and kakariko tbh.
I loved the zelda map. It's a good map to be more creative on. There is a lot of running involved, and players (mostly hunters) enjoy maps like this. Look at house, its one of the most played maps.

Bikini bottom might not have a prop menu, but i dont see why we cant test it out for a week like we did the others.
Like augment and abdel both said, we added several new maps, but took even more off the server. We need some new things in, and more maps/variety.
(04-08-2019, 07:46 PM)Abdel Wrote: So I dont make an extra post I will be posting this here.

I also want to suggest some more maps to the server. It seems we have one map in common so this will be easier to explain.
I had some help in testing these with the help of @augmENTreality2, @ZoeOwl, and my buddy Jump(turkey Sandwich ingame).

PH_BIKINIBOTTOM

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...kinibottom

Here we have the bikini bottom map. From the description I found that its a good map, no requirements of cs:s or cs:go textures, everything comes with the map. It's really colorful map and there are many props you can turn into. We tested for any illegal spots and places to possibly break the map and we found that the pan prop can hide in the red buses texture, and in the attic of the krusty krab building, behind the boxes you can really see back there that well. Aside these things, everything else checked out. There might not be as many places for people to hide as they expect but there can be alot of creative places we can experiment with hopefully you'll check it out yourself and see if you liked it. I've played this before on a different server and it could sustain 32+ players just watch out for them nades bois and gals. 

PH_FOUNTAIN

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...chtext=ph_

The link looks like it cut off at the end but it isn't. Thats how it is. This is ph_fountain and its a very big sized map. When exploring this map, we found that there are multiple barriers in places where they should be. We didn't find an effective way to get out of map. there's alot of roof access and none of the roof areas allow access to the outside boundary. We did find multiple props that may be too small for a fun gameplay. These props are the pool ball (multiple color balls), the crayons (multiple colored crayons), and a cd prop that all seem too small for hunters to be able to see and possible easily used to glitch with. There's an underground area tunnel that has a cardboard prop thats pretty easy to be seen and big, but its very flat, idk if staff will have a problem with that. Thats the summary for the props, everything else checks out, no texture requirements and it says it good for 40 slots. 

PH_PURITY

Same here as well, the link is correct. This is ph_Purity and its an awesome map I once played somewhere else. It doesn't require textures and it's great for the max player cap on the server. There are many spots in this map, and its fairly big-medium sized map. There's an indoors and and outdoors. We didn't find anything wrong with this map, no way to exploit out of map. What we did find was that in the indoor fireplace you can hug a corner and jump behind an open texture and hide behind a wall. This should be marked in the illegal spots of the map if it's accepted. I hope this checks out cause It was the most promising of the 4 we found. 

ph_lttp_kakariko_b2 OR Kakariko

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=282350293

This is an old favorite an a map I would definitely want it to be considered. This map only really has like 6 props that you can be aside the starting tman so 7 props you can be. There are alot of places where you can hide and work with, with the props that we can be. My feeling from this map is that you don't always have to be a small prop to have fun, we can be big bushes or a heart prop somewhere funny and win. This map will mostly be more chasing and epic juking then hiding. I'm sure people will be creative with this place. There are no requirements for textures and the player limit cap is perfect. 

So Hope some of these can be considered along with deathstar's list, @§8Lt_Deathstar, if you want to get on and test your list together with the help of a few others, contact me on discord, we can plan something out and update the list abit if they work well with lot of people or not. Thanks for the read dudes.

Bikini Bottom:
It’s a big map file but has little places to hide so new players wouldn’t know where to hide and would always keep dying. Also I feel like on bikini bottom we would have players trying to do voice impersonations which would be annoying 

Fountain: 
There’s a lot of illegal props that we would have to tell people not to be or Dink or Nicky would have to ban off the prop menu and on the server which is just to much work. If it was maybe 3-5 illegal props then that would be fine but you have the pool balls (pretty sure all of them), crayons, and the cd disk. 

Purity:
I do like this one. It’s medium sized and has places to hide for new and veteran players. According to you there’s only one illegal spot. Have you checked like under the stove spots like those? Some maps have them and most maps do have it where you can get under there as a can or a clipboard. 

Kakariko:
We did have this map twice and it was remove twice because there were so little places to hide and so little props. Players also weren't liking the map due to its size and little hiding spots. I don’t think this map should be added again to the server. It’s probably just going to get removed once more.

(04-09-2019, 03:16 AM)§bZoeOwl Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 09:12 PM)augmENTreality2 Wrote:

Dose the Prop Menu really matter? Sure i enjoy using it when i can, but it doesn't bother me when i can't. The map ph_highflooroffice doesn't have a prop menu and it is my favorite map.

To some people the prop menu matters a lot because people like it and new players once they know that if they play till they get member then they are able to use it making hiding more easier for them
So the prop menu does help players stay on the server.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Again, we already have several maps with little to no prop menu. I don't see the issue here. And bikini bottom having little places to hide is a little silly. The server has modern house, abandoned hotel, school and house v3. All of which are terrible to hide in. Just think we should start looking into some new maps as the ones we have are going to get stale if not already there.
[Image: ban_2.png]
[Image: aug_kick_2.png]
(04-09-2019, 08:59 AM)augmENTreality2 Wrote: Again, we already have several maps with little to no prop menu. I don't see the issue here. And bikini bottom having little places to hide is a little silly. The server has modern house, abandoned hotel, school and house v3. All of which are terrible to hide in. Just think we should start looking into some new maps as the ones we have are going to get stale if not already there.

1+ Augment has pretty much covered everything - But yeah I would like to see the staff take this into things to look at in the future as you said Augment, Some of the maps are getting slowly unpopular and its pretty silly to keep these maps.

Maps that would be great to remove is like school. We already have the kinda new one so I dont see why we need the old one and indoor pool as well. If we see these maps being unpopular we probs need to think of new ones.

We dont have to update every month like every 3 to 5 months
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
I have some more maps for suggestion.

Illegal spots on this one are little to none. (The ones that are illegal are that way due to unstuck abuse.)
This does have CSS, but very little.
ph_mountainbase
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...rchtext=ph
This was a favorite of props and hunters alike in three communities i played in. It has equal opportunity for both teams, and it has a lot of good sneaky spots that our regulars will enjoy.

ph_infernia
This map also has css, but a low amount. Fish Link and I tested this one a while back, and it was a wonderful map. It could easily be a replacement for house. Known illegal spots was the fireplace, in the bricks. I believe that was the only one.

ph_minecraft_awakened
This is also another popular map across many servers.

Bikini bottom edit for prophunt
This is the same bikini bottom, but edited to fit for prophunt. Been running around on it a bit, and it's pretty good. You can't get out of map unless you abuse unstuck, more props, etc.

ph_dimmsdale
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1679468550
Hillrop fixed this map for us after fish and I tested this map. It's a decent size, custom textures, and TTT has it.
Also dinkleberg theme, how can we say no to such a map :D