Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make Dinks TTT Great Again
I have a bunch of suggestions that I think would make the server better. I have gotten some of these from other posts, which I will link.
-Dimmsdale as starting map - 67th way has a glorious tendency to crash. That is even more glorious when you realize that its the starting map. Dimmsdale is much more stable and it better represents the Dinkleberg server. (If this is done, I think it should be done after Hillrop updates the map.)
-Colored Names - I think it would be cool for this to be a thing on ttt. Its on 3/5 (RIP DR and TTT) of the servers. If this is added PH nerds keep their color when they join ttt.
-Get rid of the horn spam on vessel - Vessel is a good map (It's a boat map. All boat maps are great). What isn't good is the god. damn. mother. fucking. horn. Its spammable and annoying as all hell. I know it's considered trolling, but why not just remove the problem at it's source?
-Add back the discord commands and relay server
-Add Rats Military Dorm (I know Scoovie commented on the post that he would take a look at it but there was no followup (at least that I could find) and I have never seen this map on the server even in the voting menu.
-Remove Hydropower - All the moving and reflecting water makes this map laggy as all fuck.
-Remove Haunted Mansion - This map is just pure shit and really dark.
-Add !dm - Basically every new player who joins tries this right after they die. It would be cool if it was added.
-Replace de_dolls with the newer version of dolls - I despise dolls with all of my being, but I went into this one in singleplayer, and its pretty nice. 

Authors of the posts I basically stole from:
daeganislegit
Cosmic Tortoise
A1C Donion
We had !dm for a while but it is (was) flawed that it didn't cope well with the Detective Turrets whom would fire at the spectator deathmatchers potentially being a massive threat to living players and because this is difficult to monitor who is doing it or when a Detect places down a D turret for self-defense/credit wasting. IDK if that's fixed but even then that's got some bad memories from my end...

Otherwise, don't look too bad
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
(04-11-2019, 09:09 PM)killerZoreo Wrote: I have a bunch of suggestions that I think would make the server better. I have gotten some of these from other posts, which I will link.
-Dimmsdale as starting map - 67th way has a glorious tendency to crash. That is even more glorious when you realize that its the starting map. Dimmsdale is much more stable and it better represents the Dinkleberg server. (If this is done, I think it should be done after Hillrop updates the map.)
-Colored Names - I think it would be cool for this to be a thing on ttt. Its on 3/5 (RIP DR and TTT) of the servers. If this is added PH nerds keep their color when they join ttt.
-Get rid of the horn spam on vessel - Vessel is a good map (It's a boat map. All boat maps are great). What isn't good is the god. damn. mother. fucking. horn. Its spammable and annoying as all hell. I know it's considered trolling, but why not just remove the problem at it's source?
-Add Rats Military Dorm (I know Scoovie commented on the post that he would take a look at it but there was no followup (at least that I could find) and I have never seen this map on the server even in the voting menu.
-Remove Hydropower - All the moving and reflecting water makes this map laggy as all fuck.
-Add !dm - Basically every new player who joins tries this right after they die. It would be cool if it was added.
-Replace de_dolls with the newer version of dolls - I despise dolls with all of my being, but I went into this one in singleplayer, and its pretty nice. 

daeganislegit
Cosmic Tortoise
A1C Donion

Color names/chat would be fine.  Spamming the horn is considered trolling (I think reed made an edit to the map but I don't remember).  There were issues with the relay on ttt so it was disabled.  Rats Military Dorm was added for awhile and then removed (idk if others had issues with that map but I crashed a lot on it).  I can agree with hydro being removed.  !dm had issues so that was removed awhile back.  And which version of dolls are you talking about?
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
Deathmatch will probably never come back till the server is actually in an optimized state.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(04-11-2019, 09:41 PM)Avi Wrote:
(04-11-2019, 09:09 PM)killerZoreo Wrote: I have a bunch of suggestions that I think would make the server better. I have gotten some of these from other posts, which I will link.

daeganislegit
Cosmic Tortoise
A1C Donion

Color names/chat would be fine.  Spamming the horn is considered trolling (I think reed made an edit to the map but I don't remember).  There were issues with the relay on ttt so it was disabled.  Rats Military Dorm was added for awhile and then removed (idk if others had issues with that map but I crashed a lot on it).  I can agree with hydro being removed.  !dm had issues so that was removed awhile back.  And which version of dolls are you talking about?

The normal version of de_dolls should be replaced with ttt_dolls_edit (hyperlink leads to the steam page for it)
(04-11-2019, 09:57 PM)killerZoreo Wrote:
(04-11-2019, 09:41 PM)Avi Wrote:

daeganislegit
Cosmic Tortoise
A1C Donion

The normal version of de_dolls should be replaced with ttt_dolls_edit (hyperlink leads to the steam page for it)
That file size is pretty big tbh
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
(04-11-2019, 09:09 PM)killerZoreo Wrote: Add Rats Military Dorm (I know Scoovie commented on the post that he would take a look at it but there was no followup (at least that I could find) and I have never seen this map on the server even in the voting menu.

This map was on the server at one point but I think It created some type of lighting/shadow error or possible memleak that would then last/effect the game even after the server changed map that could only be fixed by exiting out and back in for each person with the problem. I remember I was one of the ones who had that problem. That could be the reason it was not added back if there was not another edited version without that error or editing it directly.

here is the thread I posted about that error on that map back then
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...mildorm-v1
Fastfood almost never crashed when it was the default map but it was dogshit so

Either we have a shitty map that crashes or a shitty map that doesn't crash
Whenever the map crashes (its been better recently at not doing that), the default map is 67th way, which in my opinion is one of the "crashier" maps in the rotation. So while you have to deal with the map crashing, you then go back to 67th way again to play another 6-7 rounds.   Im fine with making rooftops or dimsville the new load in map.  

Also, I dont know if anything can be done with the map voting, but today I played on crummycradle for a solid hour, and when it came time to map vote it would just keep getting extended.  I know this wont be too much of an issue but Im curious if there is a way to limit map extensions to just one time per map.  

-Lift
I'm always lifting, on the server and off, my gains keep me going!!

2013/14-Present (6+ years with this beautiful community!)

And Remember kids, never skip Leg Day!
no