Poll: Which Tab menu do you like better?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The old TTT tab menu
91.30%
21 91.30%
The new TTT tab menu
8.70%
2 8.70%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new Tab menu, and why the old one should be put back
I joined TTT today to see that the tab menu had been replaced with the tab menu that shows up on PH, DR, and Murder.  However, I believe that the old TTT tab menu should have stayed and not replaced.  Here's a couple reasons why:

Easier Access:  The old TTT tab menu allowed players to quickly and easily see who is alive and who is dead without taking up the entire screen.  The new one however takes up the entire screen and can be a pain for new players who arent used to it.  

Who's friendly, sus, or marked to kill?:  I thought this was the best use of the tab menu.  Unlike PH, DR, or murder where it is not necessary.  Players could quickly open the tab menu and label someone friendly, someone who was suspicious, or label someone who was KOS'd.  The new tab menu doesnt allow for that to happen.  This will require players to remember who was called out and who is proven.  Without the old tab menu to help players, rdm of proven's is a lot more possible now.

Aesthetically pleasing:  The new tab menu is in my opinion, not the greatest looking thing.  The area of the tab menu is just a big gray mass.  The old Tab menu, while also not the most aesthetically pleasing thing in its own right, at least was somewhat easier to manage.  The old tab menu was also transparent, which allowed players to see the action going on around them when having it up.  

Other uses:  The old tab menu allowed the easy access to see what rank someone was in game.  The new tab menu makes it tougher.  Seeing someone's rank in game allowed for staff members to keep an eye on new players that joined the game (not saying all new players are bad, but more times than not, those players come on to rdm, troll, be racist etc..).  

I've used the tab menu at times to kick people who were DDoSing the server.  I'd pull up the tab menu, see whos rank was on and if they had no score next to their name (This was my process of finding who the possible DDoSer could be).  If that person had just joined and the server started to crash, I would kick that person immediately.  With the new tab menu, it will be difficult to figure out who the DDoSer could be before it is too late.  Sure, the new tab menu allows easier kick access by just clicking on that persons name and boom they are gone (this might help if that person is hard to tag), but it wasnt that hard to just copy their name and kick them as soon as they got into the game. 

In conclusion,  I believe that the old TTT tab menu should stay. It was easier to associate color with the labels of who was friendly, sus, or marked as KOS. The new tab menu shows you how many kills and deaths someone has during that map.  Who wants to know how many kills and deaths someone had during that map?  I personally do not think that is necessary. 

If you have any feedback please reply below.  I know it may seem silly to write this much about the tab menu in a game, but in my opinion it made the game run smoother as a whole. 

Thanks!
I'm always lifting, on the server and off, my gains keep me going!!

2013/14-Present (6+ years with this beautiful community!)

And Remember kids, never skip Leg Day!
Yet again another example of why we, the community, should be notified of changes BEFORE they're implemented instead of blindsiding people with stupid shit like this tab menu change.
wtf is this ugly ass shit, I'm happy the time that could've been put into fixing the server problems was instead put into the tab menu that no one wanted

[Image: x3JjFhC.jpg]
    xoxo       Twitter         Youtube           Steam
The new tab menu has potential, but it's pretty bad.
Pros:
Its a functional tab menu
There are more options when you click on a player
It shows time played (More of a personal preference)
Your name is green

Cons:
The time played and rank overlap
The spectator list is above the mia and confirmed dead list
The traitors and detectives are identified by words after their names
Score is labeled as kills
Member and Test Mod are very similar in color (I dont think it would be as much of a problem if the ranks and time didn't overlap)
Friend/Suspect/Avoid/Kill/Missing are gone
Yeah, I would request a revert if possible. Marking players Friend (Proven), Suspect (usually High SUS), Missing(witnessing them dieing and unable to ID them), and Kill (KOS) as a feature is very important to me when playing. I think there are more things that should be focused on being fixed besides adding a new scoreboard.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
it sucks
[Image: q0SdkAI6QPaeF9Oi-uqjbA.png]

[Image: NcxeGyl-THSvKxgssH34Pg.png]
I prefer the old one, I agree that the old one is better suited for TTT(universal design, anyway) and does not need to be too complex, despite it being broken and missing a feature of the old one. Similar to the time a new loading screen got added, it was a displeasing wall of text that was not neccessary to implement. For TTT, simple is better than complex in my opinion.
(04-17-2019, 03:29 PM)Gabe Wrote: I prefer the old one, I agree that the old one is better suited for TTT(universal design, anyway) and does not need to be too complex, despite it being broken and missing a feature of the old one. Similar to the time a new loading screen got added, it was a displeasing wall of text that was not neccessary to implement. For TTT, simple is better than complex in my opinion.

We never implemented queef's loading screen, I miss that
(04-17-2019, 03:37 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 03:29 PM)Gabe Wrote: I prefer the old one, I agree that the old one is better suited for TTT(universal design, anyway) and does not need to be too complex, despite it being broken and missing a feature of the old one. Similar to the time a new loading screen got added, it was a displeasing wall of text that was not neccessary to implement. For TTT, simple is better than complex in my opinion.

We never implemented queef's loading screen, I miss that

What was his loading screen?
I'm always lifting, on the server and off, my gains keep me going!!

2013/14-Present (6+ years with this beautiful community!)

And Remember kids, never skip Leg Day!
lmao who approved this shit without testing it?
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions