Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for seeking and hiding
I feel like rounds should be a bit longer both for hunting and hiding alike. Perhaps about a minute for picking a prop and for finding the props. For smaller maps the time may be enough to fully become hidden and enough time to be able to span the entire map but for some of the larger maps it's a bit harder to find a good hiding spot and to find all the props.
once you have prop menu it becomes alot easier and quicker for hiding
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(04-20-2019, 05:15 PM)Happy Wrote: once you have prop menu it becomes alot easier and quicker for hiding

I mean that is true but some maps still don't have a prop menu or are missing a lot of props
Our prop menu is overall broken, from what I know our pulls from two lists of props. The prop menu also shows certain props for where you are around the map.
[Image: Nicol_dumb.jpg]
Nothing happened here.
(04-20-2019, 05:27 PM)JustKuono Wrote: Our prop menu is overall broken, from what I know our pulls from two lists of props. The prop menu also shows certain props for where you are around the map.

Yeah like I've gone to a point on the map and tried to get the prop menu up at the same spot on two different times and I got 2 different sets of props each time.
(04-20-2019, 05:18 PM)leftjupiter18 Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 05:15 PM)Happy Wrote: once you have prop menu it becomes alot easier and quicker for hiding

I mean that is true but some maps still don't have a prop menu or are missing a lot of props

There are only 2 maps I know that dont have a Prop Menu / High_Office & school /  I mean there are a lot of props to choose from - But it must be green.

But yeah Prop Menu , you will be able to hide anywhere and be anything at anytime , so your pretty much a god -  It depends on the map though , because some have only 3 or 4 props to choose from.

sorry forgot to add ..
I think making the time longer so that you will be able to hide is not really a great idea.  I get what you mean some big maps are hard to find a great prop and a great spot , but your just gotta yolo it. Thats pretty much how PH works.
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
(04-20-2019, 05:29 PM)leftjupiter18 Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 05:27 PM)JustKuono Wrote: Our prop menu is overall broken, from what I know our pulls from two lists of props. The prop menu also shows certain props for where you are around the map.

Yeah like I've gone to a point on the map and tried to get the prop menu up at the same spot on two different times and I got 2 different sets of props each time.

I will say though even though the prop menu is broken over time it does get easier to scurry around and just grab a prop and hide.
[Image: Nicol_dumb.jpg]
Nothing happened here.
Well, I understand the intent, I can immediately think of two cases on this being a bad idea.

1) Hunter players will get bored waiting an entire minute each round of seeing nothing but black. An increase of the round could also get prop players really bored if they find themselves angled in such way where they end up staring at the wall.

2) For the longer hunter rounds, this becomes issue if you are a prop/hunter that dies within the first thirty seconds (which is commonplace). Some maps are specifically made large for props to be given an edge (market battle for example) while others are much smaller to give hunters an edge (house v3 comes to mind).

What you may consider is splitting the areas up among the hunters on the larger maps where a couple hunters checks a specific area as if they were team throughout the map. What I am suggesting is you could try is getting a small group of hunters together to check certain areas and to use team chat to keep the props unaware of locations that have been checked.

Most maps, get looked through well enough by an entire team of hunters where most of the time it is not because an area was checked, but a matter of inexperience and quite a bit of experience on the other team when it comes to checking spots. I am not against the ideas you suggest, but we already spend about 45 minutes on quite a few maps already. What I am concerned with is that extra minute will put the time per map up to around 55 minutes if we adjust the timer. If we do not adjust the timer then players could become disappointed that they only get to hunt or hide for about 3 separate rounds getting a total of about 6 rounds. The other concern is that players could get bored with the map if they are stuck on it for extra time. Your idea may work for some maps, but would be bad for others.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(04-20-2019, 05:52 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: Well, I understand the intent, I can immediately think of two cases on this being a bad idea.

1) Hunter players will get bored waiting an entire minute each round of seeing nothing but black. An increase of the round could also get prop players really bored if they find themselves angled in such way where they end up staring at the wall.

2) For the longer hunter rounds, this becomes issue if you are a prop/hunter that dies within the first thirty seconds (which is commonplace). Some maps are specifically made large for props to be given an edge (market battle for example) while others are much smaller to give hunters an edge (house v3 comes to mind).

What you may consider is splitting the areas up among the hunters on the larger maps  where a couple hunters checks a specific area as if they were team throughout the map. What I am suggesting is you could try is getting a small group of hunters together to check certain areas and to use team chat to keep the props unaware of locations that have been checked.

Most maps, get looked through well enough by an entire team of hunters where most of the time it is not because an area was checked, but a matter of inexperience and quite a bit of experience on the other team when it comes to checking spots. I am not against the ideas you suggest, but we already spend about 45 minutes on quite a few maps already. What I am concerned with is that extra minute will put the time per map up to around 55 minutes if we adjust the timer. If we do not adjust the timer then players could become disappointed that they only get to hunt or hide for about 3 separate rounds getting a total of about 6 rounds. The other concern is that players could get bored with the map if they are stuck on it for extra time. Your idea may work for some maps, but would be bad for others.
I understand what you mean I had thought about that too but I wanted to get an overall opinion on the idea.
So the timer right now is at 30 seconds (I had to ask a few people about this bc im dumb)
I think a full minute to hide is too long, but 30 seconds is too short imo.
I'd like to suggest a 45 second timer to hide. It's a good compromise between the two time limits. I feel like thats not too bad on hunters, and it gives props enough time to hide well.