Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for seeking and hiding
(04-22-2019, 04:02 PM)Alora Wrote: Personally, I like 30 seconds, but then again I'm an old ass PH player, so I'm just used to things. Normally, I have multiple spots so if for example on, ammatt I spawn on the parking lot side, I have a different spot that I go to if my spot is on the other side of the map, maps like youturd also doesn't really matter because the spawns are all in the same room, so the time it takes for you to get to that spot is the same time the hunters have to take.

But if it does change I'm not going to really care, just need to balance the time tho, because 30 seconds for the hunters already feels slow (imo)

30 seconds feels fair because we are used to the map and we have the prop menu. We already know what we want to be before hand and most of us can process this in 5 seconds. New players take the whole 30 secs to even decide what and and where to be. 15 more seconds wouldn't really hurt, especially for new players.
I propose we increase the blind time in 5 second intervals and roll with it for a week or two to see how it goes. I really think if we added even a extra 5 seconds that would be enough for most players. It really doesn't seem like that much extra time but you would be surprised how much can be accomplished in 5 secs.

Either that or put up a straw poll and let people vote on either 30, 35, 40, or 45 seconds (which would most likely end up with the maximum amount of time offered)
I feel like adding time is going to take away from part of the mode. For instance I don't use the prop menu 100% of the time if i can find a prop not surrounded by a dozen other and hide. If I'm not glitching in the wall like a scumbag I'll hide with other props or shatter a prop and replace it. You don't need to find some crazy spot. You can shatter bottles and replace them, you can become a paper and drop one on top of you to make it looked stacks. You don't need to be in some ultra high spot or some super elaborate one its literally just blending in with your surroundings.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(04-20-2019, 07:50 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: So the timer right now is at 30 seconds (I had to ask a few people about this bc im dumb)
I think a full minute to hide is too long, but 30 seconds is too short imo.
I'd like to suggest a 45 second timer to hide. It's a good compromise between the two time limits. I feel like thats not too bad on hunters, and it gives props enough time to hide well.

Plus hunters would get impatient waiting for a full minute :/ at least i would
Coming from someone who sucks at hiding, I think 30 is still fine. Makes me get creative, and I play very casually anyways. Tho I also rarely play so

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(04-22-2019, 04:15 PM)§6SEMBER_UNO Wrote: I propose we increase the blind time in 5 second intervals and roll with it for a week or two to see how it goes. I really think if we added even a extra 5 seconds that would be enough for most players. It really doesn't seem like that much extra time but you would be surprised how much can be accomplished in 5 secs.

Either that or put up a straw poll and let people vote on either 30, 35, 40, or 45 seconds  (which would most likely end up with the maximum amount of time offered)

I'm actually super down for this idea, thats a good way to test it and see where a good time is tbh.
Like others said 30 feels too short for new players to ph