Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for seeking and hiding
(04-20-2019, 07:50 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: So the timer right now is at 30 seconds (I had to ask a few people about this bc im dumb)
I think a full minute to hide is too long, but 30 seconds is too short imo.
I'd like to suggest a 45 second timer to hide. It's a good compromise between the two time limits. I feel like thats not too bad on hunters, and it gives props enough time to hide well.

I feel like that could definitely work to reduce how many people are caught due to either prop glitches or not enough time to get to a good spot.
I've been on a server that has it for 45 seconds, 15 more seconds to hide should be sufficient for a place to hide. I'm down for the idea.
I personally dont think that adding time is required...

30 sec is plenty of time to hide although not always in the spot you want, that said the timer keeps players on their toes. When you hide based on your spawn location verses hiding in the spot you want it takes way less time. People with the prop menu already have a unfair advantage over people who do not, adding extra time just seems to skew favor to the hiding team who already have an advantage.

If your playing hide and seek irl and your not hidden by the time your friend is done counting you get caught, thats how the game works. You dont say "wait, give me another 15 seconds" and go on with your day. Get better and find more spots to hide and you will see that 30 seconds is more then enough time.
like what Abdel said i also played on a server with a 45sec time and it felt like the sweet spot for props.
[Image: giphy.gif]
How about 40 seconds
(04-20-2019, 10:39 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: How about 40 seconds

This. As an awful prop player, I felt like 15-20 seconds wasn't enough to find a good spot and I'd often stick out like a sore thumb. But, in the (few) games I've played, I found that the rounds were a bit too short, with Hunter's winning most of the time. Give the props a chance to win will ya?
"Rue the day."
an unhealthy balance of skill and toxicity.
[Image: 4JZPSYV.png]
I'm with Kasumi on this one. 45 seconds gives ample time to hide and leaves enough to hunt as well
[Image: ban_2.png]
[Image: aug_kick_2.png]
(04-20-2019, 10:39 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: How about 40 seconds

Tbh even just 10 more seconds I feel is fair even. A lot of new players struggle with hiding because compared to most we have a kind of short hide time.
After being involved with PH for almost a year in this community, I have heard many new and old players say that 30 sec is not enough time to hide effectively. Especially on maps like motel black, house, and even bigger maps like youturd, some players just can't get to their spots in time. Adding time honestly wouldn't be a bad idea.
[Image: Nicol_dumb.jpg]
Nothing happened here.
Personally, I like 30 seconds, but then again I'm an old ass PH player, so I'm just used to things. Normally, I have multiple spots so if for example on, ammatt I spawn on the parking lot side, I have a different spot that I go to if my spot is on the other side of the map, maps like youturd also doesn't really matter because the spawns are all in the same room, so the time it takes for you to get to that spot is the same time the hunters have to take.

But if it does change I'm not going to really care, just need to balance the time tho, because 30 seconds for the hunters already feels slow (imo)
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]