Um???
Demotion was more than warranted but I really don’t think a ban was needed on top, just tapping salt into the wound imo but I also understand the reasoning and see why it happened. Behavior like this shouldn’t be tolerated from a guest let alone a mod.
(05-11-2019, 08:31 PM)nevo-iwnl- Wrote: Demotion was more than warranted but I really don’t think a ban was needed on top, just tapping salt into the wound imo but I also understand the reasoning and see why it happened. Behavior like this shouldn’t be tolerated from a guest let alone a mod.

I think the ban was needed like the demotion. If it was a non staff member they would be banned like me (perma or even a month) imo. He only got a week and a demotion. He was trolling, arguing with staff, and being racist. All against the rules. I 100% agree on the behavior like this shouldnt be tolerated but I also think they should be held to a higher standard than just a guest. So they should be punished more than the users as they are staff.
(05-11-2019, 08:52 PM)Soul Sweep moat.gg Wrote:
(05-11-2019, 08:31 PM)nevo-iwnl- Wrote: Demotion was more than warranted but I really don’t think a ban was needed on top, just tapping salt into the wound imo but I also understand the reasoning and see why it happened. Behavior like this shouldn’t be tolerated from a guest let alone a mod.

I think the ban was needed like the demotion. If it was a non staff member they would be banned like me (perma or even a month) imo. He only got a week and a demotion. He was trolling, arguing with staff, and being racist. All against the rules. I 100% agree on the behavior like this shouldnt be tolerated but I also think they should be held to a higher standard than just a guest. So they should be punished more than the users as they are staff.

Yeah honestly that’s more than reasonable and that makes sense. I guess I’ve gone soft in terms of punishment.
My view on this burrito is stating that you are not racist because you are black only proves the point that others have stated in this thread already. I understand that you're probably shocked but it is only a week ban and soon enough you will be ready to play again. My suggestion would be to take some time to play on other servers, try other gamemodes, or try other games in general, perhaps you will find something you enjoy more than gmod staffing.
Note the ban came first while we took a couple of days to talk things out

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I can agree that Burrito can be toxic sometimes, but I don't think he necessarily means it. He is around the same as Lycan, where there's a little bit of toxicity but it's clearly meant to be a joke. And yes, he goes AFK every now and then, but he gets stuff done. Even when he's AFK, from what I've noticed, he normally spends the most amount of time on the server, and that itself is helpful. He's devoted so much time to being a staff member and a member of this community that it seems wrong to take it away now without giving him a chance to amend. I get that he's been warned for certain things, but from my knowledge, he was never warned with the threat of demotion, and that itself is the problem I have with it.

I've known Burrito for a long ass time, and I find it hard to believe that we'd do better without him. +1 for unban, +1 for no demotion. I've literally never had a problem with him before, in the over 400 hours I've spent here, and as toxic as he can be sometimes, it's always been in good fun. When it's needed, he slays or bans people that need it, whenever I'm on. I can't say I've ever had a bad experience with him.
classic dinkleberg gmod hypocrisy +1 on the unban y'all need to make better rules and get rid of staff discretion when it comes to things like this

stg some of you niggas needs to do your job adequately but still realize at the time that its a ttt server on a dead video game

staff team is a gigantic boiling pot of unnecessary drama and by my understanding alot of y'all are adults, grow up and talk to each other about ways to improve and set lines that do not need to be crossed instead of childish shit like this

pretty sure everyone understands what burrito did wrong but from the get go, he's always been like this, from the moment he bought mod (lol) and higher staff just didnt give a shit until he crossed them, shit is stupid

also dont agree on the demotion, atleast make him trusted or something and work up the ladder again
"Rue the day."
an unhealthy balance of skill and toxicity.
[Image: 4JZPSYV.png]
I don’t like his kind in my community
I believe somewhere in my message I mentioned, or should have if I missed it, that we have gone through with warnings and talks. I don’t care what he says to me, or the other admins. This is not some admin plot because he crossed us, this is the result of months long discussion, arguments, collection, and burritos own actions. This is not behavior deserving of staff, but rather deserving of demotion.
However, we are here for the ban. Unban request denied.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon