Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admins Editing People's Messages
part of this is the precedent it sets though

like logged is one thing but i still wouldn't edit my friend's ban request in that section even if i have the power to
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
Im looking in the admin account for the forums and doesn't seem to be a way for it to log changes in the shoutbox, i mean if its the big of  a issue i can remove the shout box all together cause there's no point to it anyway, but theres no way to limit what a person can moderate on it, it either all or nothing for the powers if thats the cause we should just remove it ,but also on my stand point id hope a admin wouldn't use this for malcious intent cause that's not the way it should be especially for the leaders of the community

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There is no reason for a mod/admin to be able to edit the post of someone else. If it breaks the rules delete it. That should be the only way to solve the issue when it come to the control of the admins.
Code:
Ahahahahahaha love the edit @"Scoovie" 

y'all both goofies, and thats on god. periodt

in all serious, yeah this is a big issue and shouldnt be a feature, i'd say dakota should go ahead and just get rid of the shoutbox. we have discord now, its 2019. Who actively hops on and says "i gotta message (x) person on the shoutbox". Nobody, thats who.

if people really want the shoutbox, have a vote for it. have an admin start a thread that people can vote on whether you can get rid of the shoutbox or not.

edit mesage i have smal pp and big looser LOOOOOOOOOOOL LOOOOOOL 

If you didn't get the joke, a popular and reliable way to insult men across the globe is to insult their penis size. This directly attacks their "manhood" (no pun intended) and when said person being attacked is banned, we have no way to know nopleez's actual penis size, so we only have reliable proof as shown in the chatbox that he totally said. I am a mature adult.
"Rue the day."
an unhealthy balance of skill and toxicity.
[Image: 4JZPSYV.png]
I mentioned it in discord, but we have a shitposting section now, so the people that shitpost on the shoutbox can just go there as an opinion
I think it's wrong to edit messages anywhere let alone shoutbox, unless its for a valid reason. That's overstepping boundaries and it's wrong.
They could do the same thing on enjin (Legacy Forums). An admin edited a forum post I made (it does log it but doesnt say where it was edited) I remember it caused a debate since the thread I had made was an important topic. This isnt anything new, this has been an issue since 2016.
I'd say delete the shout box since we have discord anyways, and I think the admin responsible should apologize for doing the edit, it's not professional at all or funny tbh
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(05-15-2019, 09:19 AM)Foxka Wrote: I'd say delete the shout box since we have discord anyways, and I think the admin responsible should apologize for doing the edit, it's not professional at all or funny tbh

Good luck getting that 2nd one to happen, if it's either of the two I have in mind they'd never admit to their mistakes.
(05-15-2019, 02:35 PM)Trickboy Master Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 09:19 AM)Foxka Wrote: I'd say delete the shout box since we have discord anyways, and I think the admin responsible should apologize for doing the edit, it's not professional at all or funny tbh

Good luck getting that 2nd one to happen, if it's either of the two I have in mind they'd never admit to their mistakes.

then they shouldn't be allowed to remain in their position
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(05-15-2019, 04:39 PM)Foxka Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 02:35 PM)Trickboy Master Wrote:

then they shouldn't be allowed to remain in their position

But they will, that's just how it goes. *shrug*