Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Go (Moderator App)
Ingame Name: Avi

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:171398726

Time Played: ~405 (Gametracker says I have ~475 hours)

When First Joined: October 24, 2016

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): 10pm-3am Central Time and other random times

Rank Desired: Moderator

Current Rank: Trial Moderator

What can you do to help the community?: I have relevant experience that makes me feel capable of handling the moderator position.  I am a moderator on TTT, and I have past administrative experience on a few other communities (two of those communities included PH staffing).  As a Trial Moderator, I've assisted other Moderators with gathering evidence for people breaking rules, and have handled temp bans when they weren't available.  I've also assisted other staff in making ban requests by providing evidence that I've gathered.  As Moderator, I would be able to go to the next step and handle more of these things myself, while also being able to assist other staff and players with handling ban requests and issues on the server.

Why do you want to help the community?: Since starting as staff on this community, I've enjoyed being able to assist players on and off the server with any issues and questions they have.  It's been fun meeting new players and welcoming old community members back, and I hope to see this happen more as I continue staffing here.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): I have not been banned

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): Trusted App #1  Trusted App #2  Tmod App

How did you find us?: I was server hopping and found the TTT server, found out the community had a PH server and started playing here.

Other: To address any concerns I see being mentioned.  Yes we just had the warn system added with edits to the motd punishment guidelines.  I am aware how that system works already as I have used that system before when staffing another community so that is nothing new to me; as for the concern that it was just added and I might not be adjusted to the changes yet, I've been around for about 2.5 years in this community (staffing about 5 months), I've seen many changes over that time and helped when I could as a donor through some of that as well.  Some of the changes we have now are how rules were enforced a long time ago, so I'm not concerned with adjusting to these changes.
Any feedback is appreciated and constructive criticism is encouraged, if you have any questions feel free to ask here/steam/discord, and thanks for looking at my app.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
[Image: UmpEUrH.png]

Here’s your activity on TTT ^

[Image: TF23Jj9.png]

Here’s your activity on PH ^

I’m not going to -1 or +1, but I dunno if balancing activity on both servers will be an issue.
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
Holey mother of resized images batman! That screenshot is huge.

+0 due to my own inactivity, personally I think you are up for it but I wouldn't feel right giving you a +1 not having been in server for over a month.
(05-15-2019, 09:14 AM)Mr.Potato Wrote: -snip-
I’m not going to -1 or +1, but I dunno if balancing activity on both servers will be an issue.

To address that, I stated to the TTT server staff that I was taking a break from there because certain people were putting a damper on my mood and I needed a break from there to enjoy my last couple of weeks before graduating (and yes I addressed this with a couple of admins so they are aware of this situation).
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
Even if she isnt as active on TTT she is not applying for anything on TTT this is for prophunt. But given from your ability to handle things on ttt i would say mod on ph is perfectly warranted so plus 1 from me.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
1+ Your App isn't centered 

I would like point out bringing up her staffing on TTT and on Ph is gonna be an issue is actually not going to be. I mean I see Mods have less Activity , but still keep up with bans on forums. I mean she can still do stuff without actually being on via in game.

Personally I feel like your more then capable to be a PH Mod - With the different time zones each Mod is in - I feel the time your on is the best for it.

You have brought up that you know the ropes with the !awarn system and your learning the new rules too as you go along as well

Mod or not, Avi balance it perfectly with TTT .

TTT have raised a good cookie,
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
Hmm, I really want to +1, I really do; however I will have to stay neutral in the case of your Mod app Avi.  You are one of the best players server(s) wide, and it's a joy to play with you.  The only concern is being able to balance being a mod on BOTH servers, seeing as you have decreased youre playing time on TTT and have been garnishing more PT on the PH server (you might ask "well Avi is active on PH, why should that be an issue?") Being a mod on 2 servers is hard and balancing that responsibility is even harder.

In my humble opinion: I believe if you wait another month and continue to show that balance in PT between both servers you are staff on you'll definitely get this mod spot.

Good luck!

EDIT: Just saw your response to potato about the uneven playing time.  Totally understandable.  I still feel like waiting another month to reapply will definitely get you that mod spot. (I wont be surprised if you got it through this staff app however ;)  )
I'm always lifting, on the server and off, my gains keep me going!!

2013/14-Present (6+ years with this beautiful community!)

And Remember kids, never skip Leg Day!
Because the whole "mod on two servers" concern came up again. Two things I like to mention with that. First, part of my experience staffing other servers, the first community I started off with staffing, if you were staff on one server, you were staff on all servers (starting at 24 servers and shutting down with 10 servers). As Sr Manager for that community, I was in charge of all staff below me across all server across multiple game modes (including promotions/demotions/abuse/giving ranks/staffing servers/etc). I would say that's where my confidence comes from in being able to handle staff on two servers, because past experience has shown me I can handle more than that. My second thing I like to point out is there are other staff that staff across 2 or more servers or even multiple communities; staffing on two of the game modes used to be common in this community and idk where people decided that was wrong or too much.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
+1 
I have no problem with you staffing 2 servers. I believe you are more than capable of doing both servers. Also you know what you're doing and are a very nice person and would be a great fit as a PH mod. I wish you the best of luck.
Ex TTT Mod Dec 14, 2019 - Dec 14, 2019
Ex PH Mod April 14, 2019 - January 20, 2020
Ex PH Mod May 9, 2020 - May 27, 2022
Proud member of the RDMS
Ex Forum Admin May 6, 2022 - May 6, 2022
Former PH Map Editor

First of all, I did not know there was a trial moderator rank, 2nd of all, holy crap those gametracker photos are huge.

Since you stated here that you took a break from TTT and informed the staff there of this, I also remember a short while ago that you wanted to build up your time on the PH server. Seeing on how soon after your time on TTT has seemingly gone to nonexistent is moderately concerning as it makes me wonder how you could balance both if at all. That is more of your business to sort out I just remember when the topic came up either in the Discord or on the server, as I cannot remember which.

With that noted, I have never had issue with you knowing and following the rules that come from being on the different servers. You make sure players stay within the rules, help out new or experience players, as well as give ample warnings. Your knowledge and experience of the lua code used in gmod has been helpful since you arrived on the PH staff squad and your willingness to engage in the difference of topics and situations has been noticed and the perspective is appreciated that you provide. I believe that you have the maturity and capability that it takes to become moderator at this point in time.

+1 from me best of luck moving forward.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army