discord unban
Ingame Name: quiet / 2u (rue)#7687

Who Banned You: presumably nicky

Reason For Ban: probably escalating toxicity + a date rape joke and i guess talking in gibberish / non sense?

Length of Ban: indefinite

Reason for Mods to Unban: just wanna talk in the discord again

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): been muted and kicked on discord

Other: i already know the response im most likely going to get from this ban appeal, but i really just wanna get into the discord to talk to server people again because i dont even play on the server anymore, chatbox is gone, and the forums aren't nearly as active as the discord. put in the ttt section cause is the most relevant.
Free Warpizzle.
"Rue the day."
an unhealthy balance of skill and toxicity.
[Image: 4JZPSYV.png]
Yes, I banned you for the rape comments. They didn’t appear to be in a joking fashion (I’m not really sure how one can joke about rape?). Comments like that can be disturbing and certainly can turn people off from the community.

The reason for the ban was that I had already kicked you from the Discord and given you a week long mute (others had punished you prior). Since your inappropriate behavior hadn’t changed, the ban appeared to be the next logical choice.

Anyways,

It appears that you understand what you did and why you were punished.

My question to you, however, is - Are you sorry for what you did and if you are unbanned, will your comments and behavior in the Discord be adjusted?

I think if you’re able to answer my question, then there can be negotiation about an unban.
(05-18-2019, 12:53 AM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: Yes, I banned you for the rape comments. They didn’t appear to be in a joking fashion (I’m not really sure how one can joke about rape?). Comments like that can be disturbing and certainly can turn people off from the community.

The reason for the ban was that I had already kicked you from the Discord and given you a week long mute (others had punished you prior). Since your inappropriate behavior hadn’t changed, the ban appeared to be the next logical choice.

Anyways,

It appears that you understand what you did and why you were punished.

My question to you, however, is - Are you sorry for what you did and if you are unbanned, will your comments and behavior in the Discord be adjusted?

I think if you’re able to answer my question, then there can be negotiation about an unban.

Agree with this. The rape comments were bad, but I'm hoping if you're truly sorry this is the case.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
a big fat -1 from me. that "joke" was highly uncalled for and way disturbing.
[Image: giphy.gif]
0+ as I would like to hear what you will change if given the opportunity when Your Unban from Discord.

I mean I see people talk about Suicide on discord and make fun of it and tbh thats no different from rape jokes and I see these people not be given any bans. Tbh  Either one isnt funny and I hope this doesnt happen again.

Just following up on Princes question - Hope you give a good answer
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
I don't see rape jokes any worst than someone on there talking about suicide both are serious topics and should be given the same treatment. So I don't understand why rue is the only person being punish. Honestly some of the things he was warned for were stupid like the ooga booga thing where he was warned even though he was quoting a twitch streamer. I'll +1 GL Rue
[Image: J6yUs0g]
I've seen staff members do worse and receive no punishment.

Doesn't make it okay, but I believe we should hold everyone accountable for their actions, no matter who they are.
+1
(05-19-2019, 03:34 AM)[lime]superwonder801 Wrote: a big fat -1 from me. that "joke" was highly uncalled for and way disturbing.

I disagree with you there. It wasn't as graphic as you think and it was in the same lane as making fun of Cardi B or Bill Cosby for using date rape drugs to have sex.

Anyway, yeah I know not everyone has the same humor as me and I gotta put a filter on some of the stuff I say in the discord if I wanna hang around.

I'll probably only use the discord to specifically talk to certain people I like and I'll stop baiting you + Any other staff member. Even though I don't agree with alot of the rules/reasons you've banned me for and feel that it's unfair, I agree with you that I have to start following them better.
"Rue the day."
an unhealthy balance of skill and toxicity.
[Image: 4JZPSYV.png]
+1 
yeah he can be toxic but the majority of the staff let it slide as well as let a previous moderator joke about suicide until another mod confronted them and asked them to stop as it was making others uncomfortable. just keep your nose clean when ya come back
[Image: Nicol_dumb.jpg]
Nothing happened here.
+1 
Willing to give them an opportunity to show they've changed. 

Yes some jokes are dark and not everyone has the same humor. 

Be mindful of your audience and the rules in place.