Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Thoughts from an outsider
I wasn't gonna say anything, but those that want an opinion, here's an opinion. I think this drama doesn't belong on our public forums. I am remaining entirely neutral on the demotions/bans, I do not have enough knowledge about the whole situation and I'm honestly not interested in learning more because I don't want any involvement in any arguments about it. But seriously, having this drama on display for anyone who visits the website to see reflects a lot on our community and how we handle things. I get having a place to discuss the issue is necessary, but at the very least I think having this on the public face of the server makes everyone look bad no matter which group is in the right.

Let's ask ourselves pertaining to the thread-
Does this reflect well on us as a community?
Does this reflect well on the staff and how the server is run?
If you were a guest, if you were to come to this website and see this toxicity and arguing as the first thread on the forums, would you have a good first impression?

I think the answer is no to all of those, and while this is an issue that needs to be handled, the face of the community is not a good place to handle it.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]