Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About the housev_3 map
Okay possibly/probably unpopular opinion coming up.

I think during the next rotation of maps, that we temporarily remove house_v3 from circulation. This is not to say the map is not well made or does its intent. I also understand why "hunter maps" are nice to have in prop hunt. This more has to do with the size of the map versus the amount of players. Many players pick the map because they recognize it but by just over halfway through the map, round 5 or 6, several players are fed up with the map. They point to the fact that half of the aspect of the game, hiding as a prop, has been forcibly removed from their grasp with majority of people relying on impossible to dodge noobtubes to even try to register to kill. 

The largest reason I bring this up, is from some of the players in the community itself, I would have ignored this if it happened once or twice but I have noticed it steadily, that some players specifically join when they see the map being played because they have memorized all the spots (for the few that exist). You can watch them going to each spot in the same order, every round, every time the map is played. Yes, I realize it is a hunter map, and those people will always exist, but I have noticed that this map with these actions taking place nearly or every time the map is played causing players to lose interest, become bored, leave, and/or complain about the map. This is from them not being able to get a kill because the round ends in under 2 minutes from players memorizing everything, or from dying as a prop every round because they die under a minute either from being found by those who have memorized the map, or by the releasing of multiple noobtubes in basic areas.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
House v3 is one of the smaller maps that we have played on and it's also a loved and hated map. The only love that comes with the map is that you can farm points and get high end kills in it. It's a meme map. Alot of people leave on this map and it's not the only map in the least. Regardless, awhile back while suggesting maps, people said no to some of the smaller maps, but yet we have house v3. Out with the ancient and in with the new and improved. I would love to see something replace house v3 but maybe something close to the map but Abit bigger.
I personally am all for this, and finding a replacement "hunter" map.
This map and one other are bad for this, as they're maps that some of the "tryhards" join to play on, and leave immediately after. This drives off new players and keeps some of the regulars from wanting to play most days. It sucks the fun out of the game tbh.
Fish makes some very fair points in this thread. While yes it is a primarily hunters map, the number of players we have at times for the size of the map is a bit too much. Im all for removing this map during the next rotation and replacing it with something new. And if people want it back after that it can be considered again.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
I did complain about this map in particular last week. Not only for being small, but very much known.

I am ok with certain small maps, but when it comes to high number of players all with nukes at hand... erk...

There are only 3 things (separately or together) that would make me want to keep this map:
  1. This map disables nukes
  2. The map choosing system can detect number of players before choosing, if it's above a certain number this map won't appear.
  3. Kills can be a factor for end of game (currently only after 9 rounds), before choosing another map. If a cap of example 80 kills added on both sides accumulated, at the end of the round the map choosing happens. Meaning No need to rock the vote. Plus it puts into factor number of players, same goes for other maps that are well known. This can give chance for newer maps to be choosen, other then known ones. (Kinda wish there was a way to attract players to newer maps)
EDIT: Look at this... house v3 it soooo overused 6% compared to even villahouse 5%, restaurant 5%, and crashhouse 5% (been a while since I last been to crashhouse), and indoor pool 5%. (yea 6% might be small, but there are lots of maps and it's pretty much the top used map in the pie chart)
[Image: server_maps.php?GSID=4788290]

All and all for this thread I quote:
"It's about **** time."
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
I know that map like the back of my hand, no one can hide from me... and it's boring.
I'd say remove the map entirely. This map is too small for any cap over 15. It is a good map, but its so small that the game goes way too fast. As said people get fed up etc. Good idea.
Im usually carrying the team when prop - Kidding - I think its time to say goodbye to this beautiful map
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
I agree with removing it. Its so small that everyone knows the spots and the rounds go so quick that it makes playing the map no fun. I think there are much better hunter maps we could get.
Ex TTT Mod Dec 14, 2019 - Dec 14, 2019
Ex PH Mod April 14, 2019 - January 20, 2020
Ex PH Mod May 9, 2020 - May 27, 2022
Proud member of the RDMS
Ex Forum Admin May 6, 2022 - May 6, 2022
Former PH Map Editor

I propose that House_v3 stay in Overflow rotation. 

There's only 16 slots in Overflow and it's a good map for that amount of people. 

Personally I enjoy the map, not because high kills but the ingenuity you need to survive. 

With a low player amount none of these would need be a factor to keep the map:

1. "This map disables nukes

2. The map choosing system can detect number of players before choosing, if it's above a certain number this map won't appear.

3. Kills can be a factor for end of game (currently only after 9 rounds), before choosing another map. If a cap of example 80 kills added on both sides accumulated, at the end of the round the map choosing happens. Meaning No need to rock the vote. Plus it puts into factor number of players, same goes for other maps that are well known."
As Thunder Nova suggested

This suggestion also satisfies what Starky said too (Minus the fact that he said 15 instead of 16 for even teams):
"I'd say remove the map entirely. This map is too small for any cap over 15. It is a good map, but its so small that the game goes way too fast. As said people get fed up etc. Good idea."

Again, my vote is to keep the map but only in Overflow
I'm honestly okay with keeping it for overflow only imo. Small server so it's easier to play on there.