Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
title
When you use donor powers as a "joke" you are setting a bad example for other donors our server and our staff, this shouldn't of been taken likely, and you kicked him for 100k points which in the chat did not seem like a joke, and in the chat some people were saying you were abusing your donor powers earlier (i wasnt there earlier i just heard from other people). For you to abuse the power so soon is concerning and puts you on the radar as a bad example. In the future I would think about what you are doing before taking action.

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor" - Unknown
TheDrunkRussian

(06-20-2019, 08:29 PM)Coolierebel Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 07:41 PM)Derp Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 07:40 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 07:36 PM)daeganislegit4Trusted Wrote: hes a new donor he just donated today,and hasn't caused problems (That I know of ) he probably didn't know that you can't kick people when they are alive that doesn't make any better but maybe I think he should get a litte ban and the reason having the link to donor rules.

I thought it was common sense to not kick people when they're alive. I didn't realize that people had to be told to not interfere with the round in such a way.

I didnt know murder was illegal

It was supposed to be a joke and the way you are reacting is very extra. Lily said for 1 of the donors to kick you so i did... AS A JOKE. There is no reason for me to have donor removed with no refund.

Nobody ever said you'd have your donor removed with no refund. That wasn't ever a part of the conversation. Kicking me as a joke would've been fine and all, but considering I was still alive and I don't even know who you are, I'm not okay with it. With that being said, I would be fine with a warning, I don't care. I think this should serve as an example to not do things like this to people who aren't okay with it. Should Lily have made the joke? No, but I also think it was a clear enough joke to where you should've told yourself "lmao, it'd be funny if I did it but considering Laced is still alive and doesn't know me, I probably shouldn't kick him."
(06-20-2019, 08:35 PM)TheDrunkRussian Wrote: When you use donor powers as a "joke" you are setting a bad example for other donors our server and our staff, this shouldn't of been taken likely, and you kicked him for 100k points which in the chat did not seem like a joke, and in the chat some people were saying you were abusing your donor powers earlier (i wasnt there earlier i just heard from other people). For you to abuse the power so soon is concerning and puts you on the radar as a bad example. In the future I would think about what you are doing before taking action.

Not to be that guy, but I've seen staff kick and ban as jokes if you want a lead by example type of deal it shouldn't fall on just donor to set the example, but regarding this thread if this is an isolated incident I have to agree with starky it's just one round and plenty more to come.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(06-20-2019, 08:29 PM)[Red]Starky Wrote: One round was ruined, there will be many more to come.

Then why punish people for anything else besides consistent RDM, targeting, or anything else like that? It only ruins one round.
(06-20-2019, 08:29 PM)Coolierebel Wrote: It was supposed to be a joke and the way you are reacting is very extra. Lily said for 1 of the donors to kick you so i did... AS A JOKE. There is no reason for me to have donor removed with no refund.

So if I tell you to RDM someone, should they not be upset about it? Would you not be upset if you were in the same situation, and potentially lost your Traitor Round? He's reacting normally, and that being because you abused your powers and kicked him from the server. You should not be using your powers to kick someone randomly for no reason, especially when there is a Staff member is present. And if it was a joke, you should have at least made sure he was on board with it, because clearly he was not here.

A first offense like this wouldn't be an immediate removal of your Donor, but if you do repeat something like this in the future, well that's a different story.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
Lily: "Lol abuse your powers for 100k points"

Coolie: *abuses powers for 100k points that they wont get*

Coolie: gets reported for abusing his powers

Coolie: 

[Image: iec21ww.png]
Debate aside, several issues have been brought up recently and some in this thread that Gabe and I are about to address tonight. So read that.

Specifically, I will read this again before talking this over with the other admins. Again, a thread is being made in general issues. However, it appears Laced made a thread filled with facts of what happened and relevant information without saying “staff person bad bc didn’t help” so I’m not too sure why there seems to be some many upset replies and arguements. Please keep this on track

Edit: we got sidetracked and talked with dink about some things we’re working on, it probably won’t be posted tonight. I’m not doing much at work tomorrow so I can write it then.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
@Coolierebel if you have to ask "how is this abuse?" It's probably abuse. No sense in arguing here my guy just take the L and apologize
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
When it comes to things like this you can't assume anything, not saying that what the donor did was right but lily should've realized that someone might've misinterpreted her joke, accidents happen no need for everybody to be so upset. The donor should've been punished immediately either with a warn or kick for interfering with a round. Lets just agree it was a dumb mistake and move on.
In my opinion I dont think this situation needed to be necessarily posted on the forums.  I get that there was miscommunication on a lot of peoples ends, but I believe that it could've been solved either in game or on discord.  

The correct way in which this incident shouldve been handled is:

Coolie gets told/warned by staff to not use donor power while staff are on.  Kicking him in this instance really didnt serve a purpose, go ahead and coach him on donor's responsibilities.  

Staff members let people know that jokes like that can sometime be taken in a different context.  Think before you act.  

You don't like to see situations like this one have to come down to a forum post for all to see.  I hope that everyone involved is cool with one another :).

-Lift
I'm always lifting, on the server and off, my gains keep me going!!

2013/14-Present (6+ years with this beautiful community!)

And Remember kids, never skip Leg Day!