Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PH Taunting backfired
(Um, im not sure if anyone made a thread about this before, or maybe talked about it already, but if there already is, I can delete this one if y'all want)

I think there should be a offense on taunting excessively, like "Taunt Spamming" maybe? Because I've been playing on ph, and duo/trio of these brigands were taunt spamming on purpose, and it was bloody awful.

I thought that maybe there should be way to mute taunts, or maybe at least get rid of the "Cloaker" taunt. 

I don't mean anything bad about the server's taunt mechanism, I like using it, but others abuse it very badly.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5566788]

"Chaos is a ladder. And my goatee makes me hotter than Dorne." - Petyr Baelish
If a player does spam the same Taunt , us staff have the !ss (StopSound) to prevent it.

But I do agree , The taunts need to be tuned (twek) Just a little.
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
(06-23-2019, 03:13 AM)Sharky Wrote: If a player does spam the same Taunt , us staff have the !ss (StopSound) to prevent it.

About that, there was staff that day, they did the !ss command, but they kinda still kept doing it, they tried to keep the taunts from being played repeatedly but they still kept doing it after every !ss was done.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5566788]

"Chaos is a ladder. And my goatee makes me hotter than Dorne." - Petyr Baelish
(06-23-2019, 03:20 AM)DIМIТЯI DД M∃ДT TЯEЁ Wrote:
(06-23-2019, 03:13 AM)Sharky Wrote: If a player does spam the same Taunt , us staff have the !ss (StopSound) to prevent it.

About that, there was staff that day, they did the !ss command, but they kinda still kept doing it, they tried to keep the taunts from being played repeatedly but they still kept doing it after every !ss was done.

It depends on How many props are alive - if there are at least 4 - 20 props alive , its hard to narrow down. But yeah we should have a command that gags the Taunt from the player - taking the privilege for a round and if they carry on take it away fully.

Could be a good idea , maybe it aint.
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
While I don't think that is possible, making a gag/mute for taunts for a player, as sometimes we don't even know who it is.
However, an increase in the cooldown might remedy this, as some taunts are long enough to seem like they're endless, 20-30 seconds instead of 10 might be fine. (more in the line of 20 seconds as 30 seems a bit overkill, unless we still see taunt spamming)
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]
Currently the cooldown is at 6 seconds even though it says 10 I believe. We could try going back to 10 and/or removing the cloaker taunt (only one that seems over the top annoying to me)
(06-23-2019, 10:42 AM)Dinkleberg > Wrote: Currently the cooldown is at 6 seconds even though it says 10 I believe. We could try going back to 10 and/or removing the cloaker taunt (only one that seems over the top annoying to me)

Yeah it says it's 10 seconds so I thought it was 10 seconds, then instead of 20/30 sec, can I suggest 15 instead of making it 10 to prevent obsessive taunt spam, also yes for the cloaker taunt.
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]
I think 10 is fine personally, thats the way its been for so long I dont think changing it is a great idea. The issue is that the new taunts that were added didn't exactly follow the 10 second protocol for taunts. My vote would be to remove or modify troubled taunts like cloaker but leave the time at 10.
Yes remove the annoying taunt please god
I agree with 10 seconds cause for the most part that is usually fine. And yes please remove the cloaker taunt, its terrible.
Ex TTT Mod Dec 14, 2019 - Dec 14, 2019
Ex PH Mod April 14, 2019 - January 20, 2020
Ex PH Mod May 9, 2020 - May 27, 2022
Proud member of the RDMS
Ex Forum Admin May 6, 2022 - May 6, 2022
Former PH Map Editor