Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doxxing, and how to handle it. PLEASE READ!
I am making this forum post because yesterday, a staff member on TTT was doxxed.  How this staff member was doxxed, no one is sure.  The person who did such doxxing is now banned on TTT and will be community banned shortly.  I want to make this thread as a reminder that Doxxing does persist in the servers occasionally, and that EVERYONE needs to be alert for situations like this.  

Doxxing - Search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the Internet, typically with malicious intent.

This stuff is something that Dinkleberg's community takes seriously.  As a community, we want everyone to enjoy a gaming environment that's safe and fun to play in, not one where doxxing is a threat.  

If you believe you are a target of a potential dox (i.e someone somehow gets your name, gets information on where you go to school, how old you are etc.. and you didn't have this info to give away), check your steam and online profiles for precautionary and safety measures and contact ANYBODY about what you are experiencing. Contact ANY admin about this situation (through steam and discord). They handle those situations swiftly and with the importance of keeping your private information PRIVATE while banning the doxxer from all servers.  

This does not happen often, but we as a community want to make sure that YOU are protected at all times.  If you are being doxxed, you can contact a friend and have them report what you are dealing with to the admins.  

Doxxing has no place on Dinkleberg's.  God bless your soul if it ever crosses your mind to commit such an inhumane act on someone.
I'm always lifting, on the server and off, my gains keep me going!!

2013/14-Present (6+ years with this beautiful community!)

And Remember kids, never skip Leg Day!
Can you be clear on if this was actual doxxing or not?

Was it a situation like with Warpizzle where he was literally banned for saying someones real name in voice chat or did somebody dump their person information / share it without their consent?
"Rue the day."
an unhealthy balance of skill and toxicity.
[Image: 4JZPSYV.png]
(06-24-2019, 12:52 AM)rue Wrote: Can you be clear on if this was actual doxxing or not?

Was it a situation like with Warpizzle where he was literally banned for saying someones real name in voice chat or did somebody dump their person information / share it without their consent?

Person had said their full name in VC, and also said what year they were at their school w/o consent.  pretty severe doxxing if you ask me
I'm always lifting, on the server and off, my gains keep me going!!

2013/14-Present (6+ years with this beautiful community!)

And Remember kids, never skip Leg Day!
Just dont put  your full details on Your steam Profile like where you live , age , family ken . > Always good to update it as well < Also Dont use your full name ( first and last ) as this is the internet... People can search you up fake or not.

Also Put your account on private, and dont accept strangers. 

If your willing to have your details still up, then thats your fault

doxxing is the Interent-based practice of researching and broadcasting private or identifying information (especially personally identifying information) about an individual or organization.The methods employed to acquire this information include searching publicly available databases and social media websites (like Facebook), hacking, and social engineering. It is closely related to Internet vigilantism and hacktivist. 

Doxing may be carried out for various reasons, including to aid law enforcement, business analysis, risk analytics, extortioncoercion, inflicting harmharassmentonline shaming, and vigilante justice.
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
And here's a friendly reminder that if the information is public, like for example having my spotify profile linked reveals my full name, then it is not considered doxing because you have made that information publicly available and shareable. So if you don't want that information to be a simple Google search away, make sure you have your stuff set to private.

At least that's what I was told when I was demoted
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Honestly free my man Warpizzle
==================== L i l y =====================
[Image: tumblr_ne6mgl5MRJ1s3ci0uo1_500.gif]
"Nah, google it up, shitlord."
The world is but a treat, when you're on easy street
========================================================
Reminds me of that time a few years ago a staff member from ttt stole a picture from my now deleted social media and used my full name to make a fake social media account and posted embarassing things. He was banned for two weeks. ahahahahah pretty sure the other behind it still has a position in staff, "dead" or not. Hahahah
reminds me of a time when a former staff member randomly traced my ip to ask me in-game how the weather was in my city a few days after I was unbanned to try to scare me hahaha great times.
    xoxo       Twitter         Youtube           Steam
Thank you for your service sir.