Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adjustment to "Test or KOS" rules
We should adjust the rules for detective's "Test or kos"
On ttt_67thway_v14, Sugga Sugga told Deadpool to "test or kos" and told him it was in the suicide room and deadpool walked in to test while Sugga pressed the button and killed him. While there wasn't an actual tester in the room and Sugga just rdmed Deadpool. It brought up the question of what if there was a tester in there? In the rules there is nothing that prevents someone for being test or kosed if testing would put them in danger. For example, If I threw the tester into and incin grenade and test or kosed someone, they would have to go into the incin and test, or else I could kill them for not testing.

TL : DR

Change this

2. To call a "test or kos" the detective must give the name of the target, sufficient time for the target to test, and the target must be fairly close the detective and the tester, avoid "test or kosing" someone in chat if there is alot of chat spam.

to this

2. To call a "test or kos" the detective must give the name of the target, sufficient time for the target to test, and the target must be fairly close the detective and the tester. You cannot "test or kos" if the testing puts the target in danger(map specific traps, incendiary, etc.). Avoid test or kosing someone if there is a lot of chat spam.

Please don't post any stupid replies
Though I would consider it common sense not to Test or Kos someone in a scenario like this, I don't think it hurts to add a small re-clarification in the MOTD for this.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(06-25-2019, 03:20 PM)Blub Wrote: We should adjust the rules for detective's "Test or kos"
On ttt_67thway_v14, Sugga Sugga told Deadpool to "test or kos" and told him it was in the suicide room and deadpool walked in to test while Sugga pressed the button and killed him. While there wasn't an actual tester in the room and Sugga just rdmed Deadpool. It brought up the question of what if there was a tester in there? In the rules there is nothing that prevents someone for being test or kosed if testing would put them in danger. For example, If I threw the tester into and incin grenade and test or kosed someone, they would have to go into the incin and test, or else I could kill them for not testing.

Change this

2. To call a "test or kos" the detective must give the name of the target, sufficient time for the target to test, and the target must be fairly close the detective and the tester, avoid "test or kosing" someone in chat if there is alot of chat spam.

to this

2. To call a "test or kos" the detective must give the name of the target, sufficient time for the target to test, and the target must be fairly close the detective and the tester. You cannot "test or kos" if the testing puts the target in danger(map specific traps, incendiary, etc.). Avoid test or kosing someone if there is a lot of chat spam.

Thank you for your contribution for clarification.

It has been a small problem in the past, but majority of staff will use common sense and break down the situation. 
  1. Is/was there a tester?
  2. Where was it placed and was it placed fairly?
  3. Was there ample amount of time to test?
  4. Was it justified if they did not test and was killed for not testing?
In that situation you describe, Sugga should have been slain if one of these reasons applied:
  1. No tester provided
  2. Did not give ample time to test
  3. Improper environment to test
Overall, thank you for your concern and help towards that situation.

W I L D
I Am Inevitable. 

:)
(06-25-2019, 03:30 PM)WILD Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 03:20 PM)Blub Wrote: We should adjust the rules for detective's "Test or kos"

Change this

to this

Thank you for your contribution for clarification.

It has been a small problem in the past, but majority of staff will use common sense and break down the situation. 
  1. Is/was there a tester?
  2. Where was it placed and was it placed fairly?
  3. Was there ample amount of time to test?
  4. Was it justified if they did not test and was killed for not testing?
In that situation you describe, Sugga should have been slain if one of these reasons applied:
  1. No tester provided
  2. Did not give ample time to test
  3. Improper environment to test
Overall, thank you for your concern and help towards that situation.
I agree, I just figured it would be good to have it set in stone so that people cannot exploit it
There is a problem for those who have no microphones. I have bound "Test or KOS" but I do not plan to bind 59 keys for specific names. In the time it takes to type some of these names, you've already been domed in the head.

If a detective test or kos' in proximity to a tester, those nearby with vision of the detective should be bound to test if not already proven and confirmed proven.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
test or kos all together is braindead and shouldn't exist
(06-25-2019, 05:21 PM)Cosmic Tortoise Wrote: There is a problem for those who have no microphones.  I have bound "Test or KOS" but I do not plan to bind 59 keys for specific names.  In the time it takes to type some of these names, you've already been domed in the head.

If a detective test or kos' in proximity to a tester, those nearby with vision of the detective should be bound to test if not already proven and confirmed proven.

While I see your point, I heavily disagree. A Detective NEEDS to say the name with it. If a detective just says test or kos with three people around the tester (doesn't say name) and just kills one of them, it is very much RDM. Someone cannot be bound by a Test or KOS until the simpliest of requirements (a name) is met.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
I'm with aethor on this, however cosmic you can infact bind a key to say someones name which your looking at, for example I have "Name here" is a Traitor! bound seperatly from suitzoom so that I can call out a T faster than pressing suitzoom and then 7. So you could in theory bind it to say "Name here" Test or KOS in "slotted time."
(06-25-2019, 05:34 PM)Battons Wrote: I'm with aethor on this, however cosmic you can infact bind a key to say someones name which your looking at, for example I have "Name here" is a Traitor! bound seperatly from suitzoom so that I can call out a T faster than pressing suitzoom and then 7. So you could in theory bind it to say "Name here" Test or KOS in "slotted time."

I've tried this argument before and the conversation lasted 15 minutes between 3 mods and about 7 players.  The I'm With bind or I See bind didn't seem to satisfy people.  Saying the bind with name included somehow didn't mean when you ToK'd them that the two binds were together since you didn't say them together on one sentence.  They argued because one is with someone, doesn't mean they were the target of a test because it didn't say NAME test or kos.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
(06-25-2019, 05:21 PM)Cosmic Tortoise Wrote: There is a problem for those who have no microphones.  I have bound "Test or KOS" but I do not plan to bind 59 keys for specific names.  In the time it takes to type some of these names, you've already been domed in the head.

Honestly, as someone who doesn't use a microphone, I think its really your fault if you chose not to buy one or use one.

to force everyone around to you to test without saying a name would be chaos and just start rdm sprees lmao
    xoxo       Twitter         Youtube           Steam