Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adjustment to "Test or KOS" rules
bind (key) "ttt_radio see;say Test or KOS Warning 1/2/3."

There's your solution for those without mics.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(06-25-2019, 07:07 PM)Christian Wrote: bind (key) "ttt_radio see;say Test or KOS Warning 1/2/3."

There's your solution for those without mics.

Copy pasted that to my config file and will test out next time I'm on, thanks.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
I've never been on the receiving end of this rule yet, but I've witnessed someone get told to do so within 10 seconds of a round beginning with a portable tester. It's an absolute dick move to pull within the frames of the rule. Not only is it impossibly unfair, but completely ruins the mystery aspect of TTT.

Considering the portable tester is entirely unfair in certain situations and losing a single credit isn't much of a punishment-reward factor, I'd suggest considering to raise the tester credit cost. To what? No idea. I like the idea behind the portable tester when the rounds advance to a position of not being certain anyone is telling the truth. With a raised credit cost, detectives are left with either enhancing themselves and the risk of dying, or using a larger amount of credits to positively influence the game.

As for a map tester, I think it's a good idea to consider the persons position to vicinity of the tester. It's unfair for a player to be dragged to the tester for simply coming into contact with paranoid detective that's forcing every player within a 10 foot radius to test.

Suggestions: 

- A player must be within reasonable vicinity of the tester to be forced to test.

- Rather than test or kos, make it test or suspicion.

- Test or kos does not apply until a certain period of the round beginning. 

- Raise portable tester costs to be a high-risk/high-reward item, possibly adding an extra charge to make up for it now costing more.

- You must have a valid reason to test or kos.

In it's totality, I've seen this rule applied to players who are generally better than most, and while I get the idea of taking out the best person first, it's not fair and sucks the fun out of the game.
I've always felt like test or kos should be an OT thing myself, much like live check
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(06-27-2019, 02:30 AM)Stiffler\s Mom Wrote: Suggestions: 

- A player must be within reasonable vicinity of the tester to be forced to test. This already exists.

- Rather than test or kos, make it test or suspicion. No.

- Test or kos does not apply until a certain period of the round beginning. Only problem I see with this is a Detective following people around and screaming "test or kos" the moment they are allowed to.

- Raise portable tester costs to be a high-risk/high-reward item, possibly adding an extra charge to make up for it now costing more. 2 credits really isn't hard to come by if you play it smart as a D, and it seems unfair to raise the cost of the tester to anything else.

- You must have a valid reason to test or kos. I thought making people prove themselves was valid enough in itself, but sure.

In it's totality, I've seen this rule applied to players who are generally better than most, and while I get the idea of taking out the best person first, it's not fair and sucks the fun out of the game. Being one of the best players on the server (or so they say) I totally agree. That's why we have a rule on targeting. For instance, if the same person goes out of their way to "test or kos" you every time they're a D, that could be considered targeting. Another instance of targeting is a person going out of their way to knife you, every time they're a T.

r
(06-27-2019, 10:12 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(06-27-2019, 02:30 AM)Stiffler\s Mom Wrote: Suggestions: 

tl;dr: Rule suks. You're welcome.

- A player must be within reasonable vicinity of the tester to be forced to test. This already exists.

Oops. Then, define reasonable vicinity. If players are to obey the rule, they should know their space within it.

• ttt_67thway: Only passed the traitor trap, or the entire downstairs area?
  • ttt_communitybowling: Within the tester room and portion of the hallways surrounding?
  • ttt_communitypool: Tester room only?

I'm just not a fan of the blank spaces, or the rule itself. 

- Rather than test or kos, make it test or suspicion. No.

Informative! As the rule stands, it translates into, "I don't know if it's your or not, but we're going to test every single person until proven otherwise."

- Test or kos does not apply until a certain period of the round beginning. Only problem I see with this is a Detective following people around and screaming "test or kos" the moment they are allowed to.

Doesn't this already occur within seconds into rounds? I've seen an enormous amount of players force players to test within seconds of the round beginning, and though I've never been on the end of it, it's such an asshole move to pull. 

- Raise portable tester costs to be a high-risk/high-reward item, possibly adding an extra charge to make up for it now costing more. 2 credits really isn't hard to come by if you play it smart as a D, and it seems unfair to raise the cost of the tester to anything else.

I'd argue the gameplay mechanic of the tester should function as the ability of exclusion rather than a throwaway credit. The portable tester simply exists with the other addons and some players see it as a credit dump, a leftover credit to spend. Gameplay wise, I just think the tester sucks. I'd also argue to remove it, but removing things seems harder than changing.

- You must have a valid reason to test or kos. I thought making people prove themselves was valid enough in itself, but sure.

Eh, I don't see it that way. Testing out of pure paranoia isn't a valid reason to kill a player. Well, not to me. I'd like to see the rule used more as, "You did this that made me suspicious, so test or I'll act reasonably on it," instead of, "You came within 100 pixels of me."

In it's totality, I've seen this rule applied to players who are generally better than most, and while I get the idea of taking out the best person first, it's not fair and sucks the fun out of the game. Being one of the best players on the server (or so they say) I totally agree. That's why we have a rule on targeting. For instance, if the same person goes out of their way to "test or kos" you every time they're a D, that could be considered targeting. Another instance of targeting is a person going out of their way to knife you, every time they're a T.

It's a great mention of the targeting rule, but I think most players will skip over the idea that it's deliberate targeting if multiple people are now being tested. I chop it up to, "Oh, I was testing everyone and it was your turn."