Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions on making the server better
I feel that when on TTT, there are many things that can make the experience not as fun as it could be. With this thread I want to explain a few server issues that can hopefully be fixed and will certainly improve the quality of the server.

Fixing server hit reg:
  • This is honestly the biggest problem on TTT. When the main point of the game is killing, it sucks to see hit reg this bad. Sometimes head shots create blood spatters, but do little to no damage at all. It has become a constant issue for most people from what I've seen. The hit reg was fine two years ago, but has gotten progressively worse over time. It may likely be all the plugins and additions that we've added over the past couple of years, but it's a huge issue for people. 
Certain maps being played too much:
  • Personally, I hate having to play rooftops or 67th way every few maps. Considering 67th way is a crash map, we play it a lot more than others. There are other maps that are played a lot like terror train, but that is probably due to the fact that there are two versions of it on the server to my knowledge. We should add a map cool down making it impossible to play certain maps too much and start playing maps that we never get to play.
Krusty Krab:
  • This is more of a minor complaint, but since we've added krusty krab back, I couldn't help but notice that there was no ammo or gun spawns on the map. Also apparently I heard there is still issues with spawns too. Honestly I don't see a need for the map considering we added bikini bottom to the server. I feel that the map is only being added for pure nostalgia. Which to be fair, is why I wanted it added to, but having a broken map isn't worth it to me.
I can't help but think I'm forgetting something. I'll edit the post later when I remember what it was.
former admin2
I agree with everything you said 100%. My biggest complaint is the whole map selection situation. Like you said, I would like to see some sort of cool down system added where we have maps that have recently been played unavailable for a few rotations. That way we can have more to choose from and actually have new experiences with different maps. I for one have not played on Frozen Prison or various other maps in months and would like to see something new. As for hitreg, you nailed that on the dot.
(07-09-2019, 07:55 PM)Deadpool Wrote: Certain maps being played too much:
  • Personally, I hate having to play rooftops or 67th way every few maps. Considering 67th way is a crash map, we play it a lot more than others. There are other maps that are played a lot like terror train, but that is probably due to the fact that there are two versions of it on the server to my knowledge. We should add a map cool down making it impossible to play certain maps too much and start playing maps that we never get to play.

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...-Mr-Potato
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
Why is your thread in shitposting Potato? Also maybe switch to a new crash map since 67th way is gone to a lot? Krusty Krab was supposedly fixed by someone but I've heard complaints about it not being fixed so it should be removed again and tested through the test server before it's considered being readded to the main server.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
(07-09-2019, 08:12 PM)Avi Wrote: Why is your thread in shitposting Potato?  Also maybe switch to a new crash map since 67th way is gone to a lot?  Krusty Krab was supposedly fixed by someone but I've heard complaints about it not being fixed so it should be removed again and tested through the test server before it's considered being readded to the main server.
I agree that we should change the crashmap, but it'd probably only continue with that new map being overplayed. If their was a way to randomly select a new map every time the server crashed, that would be a better fix imo.
former admin2
(07-09-2019, 08:12 PM)Avi Wrote: Why is your thread in shitposting Potato?  Also maybe switch to a new crash map since 67th way is gone to a lot?  Krusty Krab was supposedly fixed by someone but I've heard complaints about it not being fixed so it should be removed again and tested through the test server before it's considered being readded to the main server.

My thread was moved by a certain administrator that goes by the name that rhymes with Nabe. But I understand why it was.

NEVERTHELESS I still think that a version of that suggestion in my thread should be implemented into our server.
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
I think our solution to this should be to not let Trombowen anywhere near the maps or the weapons on this server.

Mostly because the weapons he's added so far is either obsolete or overpowered, and the map that he attempted to fix still isn't fixed after he said it was
I'm pretty sure the old mapvote we had had a cooldown but I know that mapvote stopped working. So it is possible to do that and would be nice to see.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
(07-09-2019, 07:55 PM)Deadpool Wrote: Fixing server hit reg:

This has been an ongoing issue for quite some time and I know Dink has tried to fix it before, so hopefully, this is something that can get resolved or at least improved a bit in the near future. 

Certain maps being played too much:
I kinda like this idea, hopefully this is something Dink is able to do. It gets repetitive if we play the same maps over and over again imo. If not, changing the crash map every once in a while or having it set to random if possible wouldn't be bad either.

Krusty Krab:
I haven't made it a secret that I despise this map, so this may seem a little bias. I still believe that this map is too small for our 32 slot server and is only here for a nostalgia/meme purpose. While that is cool and all, I'd rather not have a broken nostalgia map and would much rather have one that is playable without too many major issues. Bikini Bottom is also a far better alternative imo and there is no need for both(if bikini bottom did get added, i might've missed that it did.) If anything, I think it should be removed and properly tested outside of the main server before coming back for the third time. It seems like every time it is added a new issue comes out about it.

Edit for this one: I would rather see it removed completely than being added back, just to make that clear.
Yeah he said he "fixed" the krusty krab mad but he broke it even more @ Laced's comment
By broke it even more I mean there are no weapon spawns/ the player spawns are still messed up and slightly worse than before.
[gBan] Turner has banned NuKulz - Duration: Indefinitely! (Sir, I would like to thank you for giving me the right to have this ban reason 'Mass Goomba stomp')