Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
staff not slaying rdmer for rdm

Didnt know where to put this but someone damaged me and when i killed them for damaging me someone else killed me i called it out in voice coms but a lot of people were talking i have been slayed for this exact same thing before and told its because he had a reason to kill the other person even if i didnt see it, so i took the slay but then rhapsody took the report and didnt slay him and told me it was because he didnt see the person crowbar me first. If this falls into a grey area I would perfer its fixed so it doesnt happen to someone else because as ive said before and this only cements my point i feel as if the staff are against me on this server.
(03-01-2017, 10:15 PM)thedevilcries Wrote: Didnt know where to put this but someone damaged me and when i killed them for damaging me someone else killed me i called it out in voice coms but a lot of people were talking i have been slayed for this exact same thing before and told its because he had a reason to kill the other person even if i didnt see it, so i took the slay but then rhapsody took the report and didnt slay him and told me it was because he didnt see the person crowbar me first. If this falls into a grey area I would perfer its fixed so it doesnt happen to someone else because as ive said before and this only cements my point i feel as if the staff are against me on this server.

If someone had a valid reason to kill someone, and you kill that person and they report you for rdm, it is a slay. Also the staff arent against you silly lol. So dont feel like it was biased or anything ^^
Dont look so blue
I severly doubt that rhap would be dumb enough not to check logs to see if he hit first.
This is in the wrong section, it should be here or here. Regardless, I'll respond, since I'm the staff member that handled the report you made.

There was no way for him to have seen Visson crowbarring you, given Bob Saget's position in the death scene. I've recorded it from your angle and from his angle to show that this is the case; there was no direct line of sight. While he did shoot you for defending yourself, this was information he was lacking and that you could've attempted to provide while being shot (assuming you didn't). This is not his fault, since given his position there's no way he could've obtained this information and not felt like he was in danger. You've told me that another staff member has slain you for a similar situation, but there's nothing addressing a situation like this one in the rules, which I believe leaves it to staff discretion. I'm of the opinion that if someone couldn't possibly have information regarding a certain situation, they shouldn't be slain for it, as this is a failure on the part of the person who defended themselves. I am consistent in enforcing it this way.

Here's the video in question;

(03-01-2017, 10:17 PM)❤ Miss Mari â¤ Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 10:15 PM)thedevilcries Wrote: Didnt know where to put this but someone damaged me and when i killed them for damaging me someone else killed me i called it out in voice coms but a lot of people were talking i have been slayed for this exact same thing before and told its because he had a reason to kill the other person even if i didnt see it, so i took the slay but then rhapsody took the report and didnt slay him and told me it was because he didnt see the person crowbar me first. If this falls into a grey area I would perfer its fixed so it doesnt happen to someone else because as ive said before and this only cements my point i feel as if the staff are against me on this server.

If someone had a valid reason to kill someone, and you kill that person and they report you for rdm, it is a slay. Also the staff arent against you silly lol. So dont feel like it was biased or anything ^^

thats it though i had a valid reason to kill someone and someone killed me for it yet they werent slain

(03-01-2017, 10:27 PM)Rhapsody Wrote: This is in the wrong section, it should be here or here. Regardless, I'll respond, since I'm the staff member that handled the report you made.

There was no way for him to have seen Visson crowbarring you, given Bob Saget's position in the death scene. I've recorded it from your angle and from his angle to show that this is the case; there was no direct line of sight. While he did shoot you for defending yourself, this was information he was lacking and that you could've attempted to provide while being shot (assuming you didn't). This is not his fault, since given his position there's no way he could've obtained this information and not felt like he was in danger. You've told me that another staff member has slain you for a similar situation, but there's nothing addressing a situation like this one in the rules, which I believe leaves it to staff discretion. I'm of the opinion that if someone couldn't possibly have information regarding a certain situation, they shouldn't be slain for it, as this is a failure on the part of the person who defended themselves. I am consistent in enforcing it this way.

Here's the video in question;

i dont want anyone banned and i couldnt find the abuse i was looking under ttt
The damage logs would have shown he was hit, you should have slain him. RIP Also you didnt even let him id the body first.
[Image: tenor.gif]
Bob should have been slain, devil killed someone in self defense and didn't even get to id the body, so bob SHOULD have been slain
this is what i thought thank you
Yes this is the correct action that should have taken place. If someone has done damage intentionally to you, you are allowed self defense. Its the 3rd party's fault for killing the defender since they are getting in the middle of the dispute with lack of proper intelligence. You're saying its ok to "guess" if someone is a T
[Image: JU8CD1n.png]
[Image: 73MD1Yf.gif]
this is very classic RDM just slay the guy now and we can all get over it :)
Thanks for letting us know