Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove knife, buff awp?
I think we should remove the knife from the game, and "buff" the AWP to replace it. The knife is overpowered and annoying while the AWP is almost unuseable unless you are 12 years away from someone. The knife also doesn't take any skill to use. If we removed the knife and buffed the AWP so that you can shoot it while unscoped, still with 100% accuracy(or whatever accuracy the AWP currently has scoped). Then it would be usable in close range but you'd still have to aim unlike the knife.. you don't have to aim to kill someone with a knife.

I don't know if this is well worded or not but I want to remove the knife/revert it back to 50 damage and make the AWP fireable while unscoped without a reduction to accuracy.
So, you want to take out the knife and make up for it by making the awp op...
(07-18-2019, 05:27 PM)killerZoreo Wrote: So, you want to take out the knife and make up for it by making the awp op...

It's not overpowered. It only has two shots still, the AWP as of right now is useless
How bout let’s not make it basically two knifes. You can literally walk into a room and barely stuff two people getting two insta kills with again no skill. Just remove knife and keep the awp how it is. We don’t need something that can shoot unscoped and still be one shot kill.
A one shot weapon is useless? And it's TWO one-shot bullets. . . While yes the knife can be a little dumb sometimes, it's just another one of the MANY one shot T weapons we have on the server.
==================== L i l y =====================
[Image: tumblr_ne6mgl5MRJ1s3ci0uo1_500.gif]
"Nah, google it up, shitlord."
The world is but a treat, when you're on easy street
========================================================
(07-18-2019, 05:16 PM)Blub Wrote: I think we should remove the knife from the game, and "buff" the AWP to replace it. The knife is overpowered and annoying while the AWP is almost unuseable unless you are 12 years away from someone. The knife also doesn't take any skill to use. If we removed the knife and buffed the AWP so that you can shoot it while unscoped, still with 100% accuracy(or whatever accuracy the AWP currently has scoped). Then it would be usable in close range but you'd still have to aim unlike the knife.. you don't have to aim to kill someone with a knife.

I don't know if this is well worded or not but I want to remove the knife/revert it back to 50 damage and make the AWP fireable while unscoped without a reduction to accuracy.

The AWP doesn't take any skill to use either. Any one-shot kill T or D weapons are unskillful. Shooting unscoped with 100% accuracy like the scoped version makes no logical sense whatsoever and only makes the AWP even more overpowered than it already is. As much as I hate being knifed every map, it still has its' place in the game. IMO knife and AWP are fine where they are, both unskilled weapons that require only aiming in the general direction of another human and clicking. 

Unpopular opinion: the AWP is just a ranged knife with two shots
Alright, I thought that it was a good idea but I seem to be severely outvoted so I'll accept that

If you had an AWP upclose people would be able to insta kos you and I figured that along with draw time/time between shots would make it so you cannot walk in and get two kills easily because you'd have to dodge the shots from the second person

(07-18-2019, 05:43 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(07-18-2019, 05:16 PM)Blub Wrote: I think we should remove the knife from the game, and "buff" the AWP to replace it. The knife is overpowered and annoying while the AWP is almost unuseable unless you are 12 years away from someone. The knife also doesn't take any skill to use. If we removed the knife and buffed the AWP so that you can shoot it while unscoped, still with 100% accuracy(or whatever accuracy the AWP currently has scoped). Then it would be usable in close range but you'd still have to aim unlike the knife.. you don't have to aim to kill someone with a knife.

The AWP doesn't take any skill to use either. Any one-shot kill T or D weapons are unskillful. Shooting unscoped with 100% accuracy like the scoped version makes no logical sense whatsoever and only makes the AWP even more overpowered than it already is. As much as I hate being knifed every map, it still has its' place in the game. IMO knife and AWP are fine where they are, both unskilled weapons that require only aiming in the general direction of another human and clicking. 

Unpopular opinion: the AWP is just a ranged knife with two shots

Can we atleast reduce the time to fire after scoping in with the awp? because you have to hardscope peek someone if you actually want to shoot
AWP and knife are good were they are at. Knife is the only tool many have to deal with some of the hardcore gamers the server has and is just a one time use weapon that never lands it's hits, AWP is a noskill sniper that has some risks cause you can miss and is good were it is at. Being any quicker to equip and use the awp would be too much .
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
AWP is fine where it's at, as is the Knife.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
Every attempt to remove the knife has resulted in lots of drama/complaining so I would say no on that one myself.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]