Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raise the Roof
Last week or 2 ago, Dink listened to my suggestion about raising map cooldown from 3 to 10, allowing for more maps to be played before 1 in repeated.

I suggest perhaps raise it now to 15.  We played the same-old-same-old, but some old maps finally got to see the light of day again, and a new one as well.  The old maps we don't play are often sometimes the best ones, like Icebreaker, a great map we see once a month.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
(07-20-2019, 10:58 PM)Cosmic Tortoise Wrote: The old maps we don't play are often sometimes the best ones, like Icebreaker, a great map we see once a month.

That map is fucking trash and has terrible optimization what are you talking about

Other than that though, I think the mapvote cooldown is fine as it is now. The purpose of it isn't to make every overplayed map basically nonexistent, it's to allow other maps that don't get as much of a chance to actually be played. Let it run for a month or so, and we'll see what we can do.
yes hello
I’m quite inactive lately but when I play, I mostly play the same maps. The best solution would be bringing back the old map vote system, if it works ofc. Or increase maps to vote on if that’s possible with the current map voting system.
Greetings, 
Swartsy
Give donors their extra vote back, we're more important.
==================== L i l y =====================
[Image: tumblr_ne6mgl5MRJ1s3ci0uo1_500.gif]
"Nah, google it up, shitlord."
The world is but a treat, when you're on easy street
========================================================
I personally thought a 10 Map Cooldown was a bit too much. Wouldn't really be comfortable increasing it beyond that.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(07-21-2019, 12:03 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(07-20-2019, 10:58 PM)Cosmic Tortoise Wrote: The old maps we don't play are often sometimes the best ones, like Icebreaker, a great map we see once a month.

That map is fucking trash and has terrible optimization what are you talking about

Other than that though, I think the mapvote cooldown is fine as it is now. The purpose of it isn't to make every overplayed map basically nonexistent, it's to allow other maps that don't get as much of a chance to actually be played. Let it run for a month or so, and we'll see what we can do.

We played it last night and all the regulars who were on loved that we were finally playing it again.  Not everyone has the same bad taste as you.

(07-21-2019, 08:10 PM)Christian Wrote: I personally thought a 10 Map Cooldown was a bit too much. Wouldn't really be comfortable increasing it beyond that.

When I suggested it to Dink, I listed the 10 maps we are always play.  The map list we have is bigger than 10 but that is all we would see when we had 3 map cooldown.  With 10 we still play the same 10 maps, but we often get about 8 more maps in that we normally don't play ( Orange Dink, Icebreaker, Lost Temple, ect ).  With 15 I believe we'd be able to have full access to the map list again like there used to be.

I played rooftops 3 times last night with a 10 map cooldown.  10 isn't too many, perhaps not enough.

Groovy
(07-21-2019, 09:10 PM)Cosmic Tortoise Wrote:

We played it last night and all the regulars who were on loved that we were finally playing it again.  Not everyone has the same bad taste as you.

I highly doubt that the regulars on liked the fact that their PC was getting shit on by a gmod map. 

Last time I played the map about 3 or 4 days ago, we RTV'd on the first round because the optimization issues were so bad that it was unplayable. You like maps like roytheship and heaven, so please don't ever attempt to comment on my taste in maps when your taste isn't any better.
(07-21-2019, 09:21 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:

I highly doubt that the regulars on liked the fact that their PC was getting shit on by a gmod map. 

Last time I played the map about 3 or 4 days ago, we RTV'd on the first round because the optimization issues were so bad that it was unplayable. You like maps like roytheship and heaven, so please don't ever attempt to comment on my taste in maps when your taste isn't any better.

We played all 6 rounds without one issue.  You must have a bad pc.  I don't pick roy, haven't in months.  Heaven was good, never had an issue with it, great for snipers.

Groovy
I agree that the map cool down is good where it's at right now. And icebreaker does have some optimization issues, a flaw with a map doesn't mean bad taste.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
(07-21-2019, 09:29 PM)Cosmic Tortoise Wrote:
(07-21-2019, 09:21 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:

We played all 6 rounds without one issue.  You must have a bad pc.  I don't pick roy, haven't in months.  Heaven was good, never had an issue with it, great for snipers.

the only people that can run that map well are people with 1080s thats not a good map
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]