Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replace ttt_roy_the_ship with ttt_freddy_the_ship
(03-03-2017, 03:54 AM)the man what to eat that fruit Wrote: you can fuck right off you mentalist, roy the ship is an absolute stone cold classic of a map and if you replace it i'll replace your spine with a noodle because i'll fold you into a knot like a fucking pretzel you fat knob

I looked through freddy and i would rather keep Roy the ship. Freddy is just too open and the small little improvements to the staircases are not much.
I agree with keeping Roy, it's a classic staple of TTT and I'm a sucker for nostalgia. From the screenshot, Freddy looks pretty similar to vessel. Roy just has a nice feel to it, crouch doors and all. Makes it more fun to have to remember to contort yourself while you're running away.
...why?
(03-03-2017, 11:23 AM)Mr_Rippe Wrote: There are a few other people who investigate the quality of the map, including but not limited to DaKody, at least one other Admin, and a Mod or two. We also can reject maps that are functional for a myriad of reasons, including delaying some maps for the next map pack.

A lot of people complained that I don't "listen to the community's suggestions" and "only add things that I like." In order to counter these arguments (besides my flatout denial), I run polls and solicit feedback. For maps, I make sure a fair number of people go in and try the maps before we add them. This is the primary reason shit takes forever to add or be implemented (besides Dink being dead half the time). If y'all wanted shit to be added immediately, I'd need to be given the iron first I've been accused of having in the first place.

I mean @Mr_Rippe reasons "make sense" and with the number of new maps recently added it would be smart to wait a little while.

(no comment on Iron Fist) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
(03-03-2017, 01:21 AM)Mr_Rippe Wrote: Put that in your pocket and bring it up during the PAX WEST 2017 MAP PACK. We're not considering any maps until then.

wtf is this "Pax West 2017 Map Pack?" Is it something by you or does the gmod community release a map pax every pax west?
@Mr_Rippe I would be happy to break your maps.
just want something else to do
(03-03-2017, 04:18 PM)blakeman1 Wrote:
(03-03-2017, 01:21 AM)Mr_Rippe Wrote: Put that in your pocket and bring it up during the PAX WEST 2017 MAP PACK. We're not considering any maps until then.

wtf is this "Pax West 2017 Map Pack?" Is it something by you or does the gmod community release a map pax every pax west?

It's the arbitrary time I've set for the next map bundle for the server to go up (after the PAX EAST 2017 MAP PACK this weekend). Since PAX is related to video games, I figured it would be a good time to do so, especially because it's reasonably far away from today.

(03-03-2017, 04:28 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: @Mr_Rippe  I would be happy to break your maps.

Feel free to download the maps on the suggested thread and break them on your own! Well, not the most recent one, as we've already broken them and picked the ones we're adding. But in the future, you can always help by doing it yourself!
(03-03-2017, 04:37 PM)Mr_Rippe Wrote:
(03-03-2017, 04:18 PM)blakeman1 Wrote:

It's the arbitrary time I've set for the next map bundle for the server to go up (after the PAX EAST 2017 MAP PACK this weekend). Since PAX is related to video games, I figured it would be a good time to do so, especially because it's reasonably far away from today.

(03-03-2017, 04:28 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: @Mr_Rippe  I would be happy to break your maps.

Feel free to download the maps on the suggested thread and break them on your own! Well, not the most recent one, as we've already broken them and picked the ones we're adding. But in the future, you can always help by doing it yourself!

I remember the the time we added ph_junkyard and Crow fucking broke the map the first few seconds we had it. Took about 2 weeks to remove. Thats why we test maps and kill my CPU by running bots to test spawnpoints