Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make a change
The problem with the forum warning is that it doesnt work. For example, I didnt even know that i apparently got a warning and for what. Forum warnings should last longer, and inform users when they get forum warned, what post was warned, and why they got a warning. Otherwise no one knows what they are doing is even wrong (like me apparently shitposting in a serious thread?). 

Discord is just an issue of players being annoyed by other players simply because they are annoying. You really cant be banned for being annoying. It's a chat room not an apartment complex.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Sure there’s a lot that goes on, but there would be community backlash if shitposting rules were enforced on things that are lesser issues.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(08-08-2019, 07:15 PM)Gabe Wrote: I wouldn't say people can just do whatever they want nowadays with no repercussions, more of most not noticing a punishment taking place behind the scenes. For example, there are forum warnings which are issued to staff and players alike whenever a first-level offense occurs. I'll share some of the more recent ones from forums with everyone here to show that people just "don't get away with it": There isn't really an official protocol but more of an unofficial one used.
[Image: b991c69e14a8a4e6718223146114a695.png]
As you can see here, there are people that are staff, regular players, and random people alike all being served with a first level offense warning. Next would be a temporary ban after warnings, we haven't had too many of the forum bans lately given that most stop after the warnings but could possibly be issuing some soon if problems reoccur and those people know who they are if they continue. *Note in soul's case here 3/4 were repeats due to an error* 

Discord: We have a muted role, channel restriction roles, and a ban hammer too. 
[Image: 614d11e7e2efb989859da675ee6fc398.png]
All these roles have served as a first-level offense for those that violate the rules listed in "da-rules." The amount of time the role remains on the player depends on the severity and there have been SEVERAL users and staff that have been given these roles as a serious first-level offense. Muted is mainly for overall rule violations across all channels while restricted roles are centered around a specific server's talk-space.
[Image: dbeb9bec3fe5a8115e2be24bc441810f.png]
There are also some discord bans issued to those that violate the rules as well and are given based on severity. Audit logs only show so far but there have been many more than this, just going to cross out names for now, but there have been a mix of both staff and players punished from discord and forums.

We try to treat everyone fairly in terms of punishment and the length of the punishment and is something we try to pay close attention too. Again I just think some of this perception stems from people not knowing what happens behind the scenes and beneath the surface as well as discussions between Admins of both PH and TTT that happens when a player is starting to cause problems on Forums and Discord given that we are the main enforcers of rules and punishments on that end.

TLDR: I can say that these issues 
Thank you for clearing this up Gabe. People who shitpost get punished. As always.
I ask that an admin may lock this thread. People have completely missed my point, and I don’t feel like getting backlash from people who don’t understand
(08-09-2019, 09:53 PM)dong Wrote: I ask that an admin may lock this thread. People have completely missed my point, and I don’t feel like getting backlash from people who don’t understand

Then explain your point again, clarify it for those who don’t understand.
(08-09-2019, 09:53 PM)dong Wrote: I ask that an admin may lock this thread. People have completely missed my point, and I don’t feel like getting backlash from people who don’t understand

Just because 2-3 people don't understand your point doesn't call for a thread being locked. If you want to do something or change something, it takes more than one simple post. You could try something like talking to the few admins that moderate the forums, and other lower staff, and get a general list of rules to implement.
(08-09-2019, 10:38 PM)TheAloneOne Wrote:

Just because 2-3 people don't understand your point doesn't call for a thread being locked. If you want to do something or change something, it takes more than one simple post. You could try something like talking to the few admins that moderate the forums, and other lower staff, and get a general list of rules to implement.

I’ve already done that, it’s gonna be worked on these next few days. That’s why I want the thread locked. Out of everyone who commented there was only two people who responded that understood what I was trying to say. I contacted Gabe with an improved version of what I meant and he got it. So we’re gonna work on it together.
In my opinion, I feel there are certains levels to threads. Staff apps, Staff Abuse, Ban, Unban requests and staff announcements are usually the No no zones. However, Goodbye threads, personal updates, introductions etc are a bit hard to punish for because its more personal, and the admins dont know the relation of said person 'shitposting'. I think there should be a list made of what is NOT acceptable at all to shitpost on. Then ofcourse, if the OP asks the admins to delete a shitpost, they can. This is all really just common sense and is mainly up to the staff discretion.
Anyone who has been or is staff knows that there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes. 

We don't announce things out of consideration for the person who's being corrected, and it's not necessary for everyone to know all the minor details unless directly affected. 

A simple general guideline like Rits has stated should be sufficient.

Keep these types of posts on topic:
  • Staff Applications
  • Unban Requests
  • Ban Request 
  • Abuse of Power threads
  • Staff Announcements

Random nonsense topics go in this section -> Misc Posts

For all other types, please be considerate of the person posting the thread.