Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make a change
It seems like people can just do whatever they want nowadays with no repercussions. People commenting blatant shitposting on serious threads, people making bad comments after someone leaves the server, Discord trolling, the list goes on. There needs to be some type of system where this can actually have some sort of punishment, because at this point it is getting out of hand. There are too many jackasses who are ruining the server for people. The in game punishments are already set in stone and are honestly a good system.

Some examples and punishments:

1) Somebody shit posts on multiple serious threads. Temporarily ban them for a week. If they come back and do it again, just perm ban

2) Someone targets and trolls people on Discord. Same punishment as above

If you have any other examples or ideas feel free to add. I'm not making this to point fingers at anyone, but something has to change because everyone here is equal and just because one particular person who is known within the community does something bad they shouldn't be excused from their actions. If it were some random they would get banned
I can implement something for us staff if anyone wants to tag along and help? I'd like this since you don't hear much forum bans besides the constant alts or trolls back then.

W I L D
I Am Inevitable. 

:)
I think we should ban people who say shut up on the forums.
(08-08-2019, 06:54 PM)Burrito Bowl Wrote: I think we should ban people who say shut up on the forums.

Great job proving the point made, burrito
Isn't this just common sense?

I don't see the need to start forum banning people. There are people who some staff and some players may not like. If I shit talk that person in another discord it'll be a cold day in hell before I accept the fact I get punished for that since that discord is not related in any shape or form to dinks. (We have had punishments carried out in the past for issues that imo weren't connected to dinks aside from it happening between two community members.) Don't we have a warning system for this very reason in the forums that admins have access too...
[Image: J6yUs0g]
I wouldn't say people can just do whatever they want nowadays with no repercussions, more of most not noticing a punishment taking place behind the scenes. For example, there are forum warnings which are issued to staff and players alike whenever a first-level offense occurs. I'll share some of the more recent ones from forums with everyone here to show that people just "don't get away with it": There isn't really an official protocol but more of an unofficial one used.
[Image: b991c69e14a8a4e6718223146114a695.png]
As you can see here, there are people that are staff, regular players, and random people alike all being served with a first level offense warning. Next would be a temporary ban after warnings, we haven't had too many of the forum bans lately given that most stop after the warnings but could possibly be issuing some soon if problems reoccur and those people know who they are if they continue. *Note in soul's case here 3/4 were repeats due to an error* 

Discord: We have a muted role, channel restriction roles, and a ban hammer too. 
[Image: 614d11e7e2efb989859da675ee6fc398.png]
All these roles have served as a first-level offense for those that violate the rules listed in "da-rules." The amount of time the role remains on the player depends on the severity and there have been SEVERAL users and staff that have been given these roles as a serious first-level offense. Muted is mainly for overall rule violations across all channels while restricted roles are centered around a specific server's talk-space.
[Image: dbeb9bec3fe5a8115e2be24bc441810f.png]
There are also some discord bans issued to those that violate the rules as well and are given based on severity. Audit logs only show so far but there have been many more than this, just going to cross out names for now, but there have been a mix of both staff and players punished from discord and forums.

We try to treat everyone fairly in terms of punishment and the length of the punishment and is something we try to pay close attention too. Again I just think some of this perception stems from people not knowing what happens behind the scenes and beneath the surface as well as discussions between Admins of both PH and TTT that happens when a player is starting to cause problems on Forums and Discord given that we are the main enforcers of rules and punishments on that end.

TLDR: I can say that these issues don't go unnoticed.
Think it’s been recently brought up that there are no rules written out for the forums and just really the “common” sense ones, racism and necro’ing (that ones not really common sense).
Think the admins can decide on what to do for this since there’s like, very few admins watching the forums. Very few bc there’s like 5 between ph and ttt. 

We do have the warning level thing though, we can see our own and the admins I assume can see everyone else’s.
(08-08-2019, 07:14 PM)happy Wrote: Isn't this just common sense?

I don't see the need to start forum banning people. There are people who some staff and some players may not like. If I shit talk that person in another discord it'll be a cold day in hell before I accept the fact I get punished for that since that discord is not related in any shape or form to dinks. (We have had punishments carried out in the past for issues that imo weren't connected to dinks aside from it happening between two community members.) Don't we have a warning system for this very reason in the forums that admins have access too...

You're missing my point. The forum bans should only be for constant shitposting and trolling after a great amount (that some have already reached).  Discord bans should be relevant to the dinklecord. I've had stuff happen to me outside of server with people who start stuff within Dink's, but that well never be brought up into question because it isn't relevant. And you're right, it should just be common sense. Like Gabe said though, my points could be invalid because there is a lot of behind the scenes stuff that happens

(08-08-2019, 07:16 PM)Hani Wrote: Think it’s been recently brought up that there are no rules written out for the forums and just really the “common” sense ones, racism and necro’ing (that ones not really common sense).
Think the admins can decide on what to do for this since there’s like, very few admins watching the forums. Very few bc there’s like 5 between ph and ttt. 

We do have the warning level thing though, we can see our own and the admins I assume can see everyone else’s.

That's partially my point, to make a set of ground rules for the forums. We are only basing all of this off of common sense. I also remember the warning level system thing, so I could also be wrong on that part since its available to only admins now
I vote that we just make some forum rules so people stop bring this issue up. It's like once a week this issue is brought up.

I have seen posts that have been deleted, so I always assumed that the staff have removed them for being a shitpost on a non-shitposting post or the player is just acting stupid. A lot does happen behind the scenes that most people overlook, as Gabe said.

Just make a simple set of rules, please.
Rules on fourms are lose but it's mostly don't shitpost and don't post shitpost threads in sections other than shitposting. And discord like Gabe said has roles for being restricted and if you don't follow the server rules and or discord it might result in a ban. Ex for a restricted is if you keep saying hacker in ph
[Image: q0SdkAI6QPaeF9Oi-uqjbA.png]

[Image: NcxeGyl-THSvKxgssH34Pg.png]