Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To suggest or not to suggest?
  • Replace indoor pool and modern house 
  • Have maps added for some holidays like Halloween and Christmas
  • Add holiday trails/hats for Christmas 
  • Have maps that are rotated by quarter (does not have to be new maps but a rotation could be fun)
  • Give donors access to the friends command?
  • Special rounds like low gravity to ph
Some suggestions for maps: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1826980018
+1 on all of this except for the removal of modern house.

+1000000 on donors getting !friends.
I still have to look at every map so I'll get back later on that, but I do agree on everything else. Indoor pool is not well liked at all and has been discussed before but no real plan was made if I'm correct and Modern House has too many illegal spots and its like every round we are teleporting some one. 

A map rotation every once and a while would be one of the best things so maps don't get stale, and some themed maps would also be great and the holidays are coming faster than I would like. 

The friends command can't hurt to give to the donors in my opinion. After all its not that hard to find friends on steam anyway, why not make it faster.

And special rounds could be very fun although it may not be the easiest thing to put in place, but worth a shot to find out.
Ex TTT Mod Dec 14, 2019 - Dec 14, 2019
Ex PH Mod April 14, 2019 - January 20, 2020
Ex PH Mod May 9, 2020 - May 27, 2022
Proud member of the RDMS
Ex Forum Admin May 6, 2022 - May 6, 2022
Former PH Map Editor

Looking at that list of maps, a lot of those either have css textures or not enough spawn points on the map for 40 people. We had festive mansion at one point so I know that works. As for holiday stuff there was a halloween crate at one point and Im sure Christmas stuff could be put in a crate too. The rest Im neutral for or against.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
There’s already a thread and discussion on the removal of those maps but totally agree on the rest of it.
[Image: unknown.jpg]
Don't you touch my Indoor pool! (i am fan of having small maps for low pop especially since school is just around the corner.)

I'll +1 on removal of modern its a hassle to staff people are constantly fully in cloths or run into the big bush

-1 on special rounds i don't believe they are needed and I don't see a need for donors to have friends command its pretty easy to tell when people are friends

everything else I am neutral on
[Image: J6yUs0g]
"Replace indoor pool and modern house". I'm alright of having Modern House being removed. The map itself gets boring and not as much spots to hide other than trees and the roof; and also unacceptable spots being troublesome at most time, especially the bushes in front of the house. As for Indoor Pool, I will remain neutral. First off, this map is arguable due to the fact the roof is prohibited. The roof or just outside of the map while the roof door is open was allowed to begin with, but its now unacceptable to go outside the map. We can either change the roof being legal or block the access point by using Hammer (Gmod map creator software) by removing the control panel inside the water fountain access.

"Have maps added for some holidays like Halloween and Christmas". We already have Bitnanner and Abandoned Office. And honestly, the two maps are not the greatest (in my opinion). But with the suggested maps, few of them requires CSS, just what Avi said, so as not enough spawn points. I don't mind if a Christmas map is being added, we do need a Christmas map since the Halloween maps are taken over. But overall, I'm neutral on this.

"Add holiday trails/hats for Christmas". Not a bad idea. Mainly hats shouldn't be important when it comes to configuring a server, but its a nice addition. There are few hats that can be replaced and also trails. Despite that, I haven't used any trails or hats other than a sombrero. But I'm all favor on this one for new players to enjoy.

"Have maps that are rotated by quarter". I'm neutral on this one in particular. For instance, Restaurant 2019, that map gets overplayed way too much, that also implies Gas Station. I do like the idea, but in the other hand, I don't. There's going to be a positive effect and a negative effect for map votes.

"Give donors access to the friends command". I'm against on this idea. !friends is a staff command and above (Trusted+). I don't think donors should be given those types of command. Not as much to say here, but it shouldn't be shared with under Trusted.

"Special rounds like low gravity to ph". I'm also against this. The special rounds works on other game modes, but on Prop Hunt, I don't see a reason why it should be added. Low gravity round would be a problem since it may lead you to out of bounds area on certain maps (I.e. being a smallest prop and hiding on a spot where you cannot be shot at or be seen). I mean, sure hunters can get there as well, but it'll break the boundaries on how its actually played.

Overall, there were some good ideas, but there are bad ideas as well. Hopefully there would be a consideration when it comes to adding additional items in the server.
(08-06-2019, 04:45 PM)Móno Wrote: "Give donors access to the friends command". I'm against on this idea. !friends is a staff command and above (Trusted+). I don't think donors should be given those types of command. Not as much to say here, but it shouldn't be shared with under Trusted.
I can't see any good reason not to give donors !friends. I've brought this up in the past and staff has never really given a solid reason why donors should not have it. IMHO !kick is a more intrusive cmd for donors to have (granted its not much of a problem) and has much more potential to cause issues then a passive cmd like !friends.
Modern house probably will not get removed due to its popularity to outsiders just like crash house. I have seen the argument for indoor pool but we should add more maps first before removing any more. Adding more might also make indoor pool more tolerable to players as well as with modern house.

Probably a bit early to be looking at Christmas items skins/hats/trails etc but preliminary searching would not do anything bad.

To multiple individuals, donors already have too much power already and adding the !friends command would only add to that issue. I can understand why this command would be useful to responsible long term donors. This is more of something to bring up with a discussion with Dinkleberg himself instead of here since that would be a thing only he would ultimately decide on.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(08-06-2019, 02:05 PM)[test]Cake Wrote:
  • Replace indoor pool and modern house 
  • Have maps added for some holidays like Halloween and Christmas
  • Add holiday trails/hats for Christmas 
  • Have maps that are rotated by quarter (does not have to be new maps but a rotation could be fun)
  • Give donors access to the friends command?
  • Special rounds like low gravity to ph
Some suggestions for maps: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1826980018

There are threads for both of these maps, removal of maps is not up for options right now until we find some NON css maps, with enough spawn points, which I am working on. I'm testing a few, and I'm going to send them to fish to retest. 
I have found some holiday maps to cover holidays as well, no worries there.
I can look for holiday trails and hats, but will take suggestions, please feel free to pm me and fish some. I'll be able to tell you if they'll work properly or not.
The quarterly rotation would be hard to keep up with dink the only one able to do this and he's busy with work/moving right now.
I am fully against donors having friends, that literally gives them almost all the same commands as trusted, minus forceswap. This is unfair to trusted that work hard for that position, and on top of this, it makes it harder on staff, I won't lie. Many donors like to take over and make situations harder without meaning to, even when told to chill.
Special rounds can be doable, but that is on that backburner until we finish some current things. Rules finalization one last time, New Taunts (which are almost done look out for those) and map replacements for all the ones we removed.